chopp124
02-20-2012, 07:33 PM
pic

chopp124
02-20-2012, 07:41 PM
this was my buddies shop that made the parts for the gibson line

chopp124
02-20-2012, 07:44 PM
i told him to send his stuff to k and k and thats when they came down and brought the walsh and rolls to copy. upper is walsh lower is roll with a second bend. my buddies welder screwed him and stole the buisness from under him. and made the parts for 3 years k and k and east coast never made these parts just made a ton of money. my buddy lost his buisnes and his house over all the legal bs.

chopp124
02-20-2012, 07:46 PM
he is thinking of making parts again. this is the frame from first pic, i own two of there bikes

chopp124
02-20-2012, 07:54 PM
this is the other one a yz426 hybrid they made for me. this all came up cause someone mentioned east coast made all the gibson parts. retailers are full of s h i t and will tell u whatever to get your money. sorry but it hit a nerve when i heard that. my buddy lost his life cause of greedy mo fos. i almost got my *** kicked when walsh asked me about these bikes many years ago apperently he was supost to make the stuff and sell as gibson i said that it was the new gibson line and he flipped out on dave and shawn who came over and threatened me bla bla bla. just want to get some truth out there.

chopp124
02-20-2012, 07:57 PM
pic

chopp124
02-20-2012, 08:00 PM
i still race there bikes the 2 stroke got changed to a 450. 12 years later not one crack or broken mount. i hope my buddy starts making the stuff again. his prices were real good before he sent the stuff to retailers.

beastlywarrior
02-20-2012, 08:32 PM
awesome man thanks for the history

chopp124
02-20-2012, 08:39 PM
i just love to hear that dave said he made this stuff those guys are big shots in the industry but theres a reason why alot of fab shops retail there own stuff now. if my buddy just reatailed his stuff instead of making it strickly for them he would have been much better off. problem is the big names can say what they want and most believe it.

chronicsmoke
02-21-2012, 11:34 AM
What year id that hybrid shot from? I dig the cannondale tent

ieatglue
02-21-2012, 02:48 PM
here is my gibson framed R from back in the day.

chopp124
02-21-2012, 03:13 PM
that pic was back in 02 or 03 .that must have come from east coast they got 4 chassis but it doesnt have the right mounts im wondering if someone changed them cause u have lonestar front engine mount on there but it may be posible they removed the mount. the 1/4 inch swing arm mount looks right from this angle anyway. does it say gibson across the upper shock mounts? i probably have the only one that doesnt cuz i hole sawed it out.

chopp124
02-21-2012, 03:16 PM
someone changed the lower motor mount as well it went strait across on there frames. i didnt think any of the r frames left new england i have 2 my neighbor has one and the original guy that made them has one the rest were 426 sold to east coast. k and k never sold one after the first one had issues wich i have now

ieatglue
02-21-2012, 03:23 PM
i bought the frame around 01 or 02, i think. it came from the east coast somewhere, dont remember exactly. the guy i got it from told me it was one of the first gibsons built so it didnt say gibson anywhere on it. definitely wasnt a lonestar, my friend had one and there were alot of differences. i beat the hell out of that frame for 2 years running local A class mx races and hit a few nationals each year, not one crack ever showed up. by far the best chasis i ever ran.

jrspawn
02-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Did your buddy make any Crf chassis? I used to ride with a group of guys from Ireland but lived and worked in the states most the year. One had a yzf gibson quad and one was a Crf gibson quad. They both came from Dave so maybe he converted it to the Crf?

chopp124
02-21-2012, 04:24 PM
had to be a conversion or he had someone else make them crf. and the r chassis may have been one too but its has different components that may have been changed. but there were only 8 made. i know that from my buddy anyway who knows what they did after that. does anybody have a pic of the flaties everyone was talking about

chopp124
02-21-2012, 04:27 PM
donald from bcs converted his to crf i gave him all the mounts to do it looked decent. thats the one thats the next town over ironically

89trx250r
02-21-2012, 04:40 PM
I am sorry again chopp! I didnt post that with the intention of making you angry I just was under the impression it was the truth,which I can see now is far from it...It sucks that your buddy lost everything and dave drives around in a bmw 740i....I personally will never purchase anything from that scum again after reading this post!

chopp124
02-21-2012, 04:58 PM
im not pissed at u im glad u said it cause it needed to be cleared up.im not suprised dave took the credit. if u have to buy parts from the guy dont matter to me just know who u are buying from. my buddy is fine now he is a nuclear enginer and teaches people how to deal with spills and nuclear containment. i havent talked to him in years cuz i got some of the blame for sending him to k and k but we have been talking lately and he wants to mess around with the atvs again. and make some parts

chopp124
02-21-2012, 05:00 PM
and besides hows he gonna afford the insurance on that bmw without your money! lol

jrspawn
02-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Not the best pic, bit gives you an idea, Im sure I've got some others saved. I'll try to find them.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/jrspawn/ff4ceb00.jpg

protrax
02-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Gibson 250R converted to a CRF

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/protrax/CIMG0997-1.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/protrax/CIMG0999-1.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/protrax/CIMG0998-1.jpg

chopp124
02-21-2012, 05:36 PM
that thing looked awesome when u had it.when they had the arms and swinger flat black was real nice too. just a tip for u guys if u take a heat shield and weld it to your pipe. that melted spot wount happen in the rear fender. i have seen those flaties before someone else eathier made them first or copied them.

chopp124
02-21-2012, 05:38 PM
i know its no laeger but how could you part that out i wish i had a shot at it. damm could have robbed the one store in my town to buy it

chopp124
02-21-2012, 05:42 PM
how many crf motors u got i have to yz hybrids i think its time to go crf on my next one

beastlywarrior
02-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Whats special about the flatties

protrax
02-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by chopp124
i know its no laeger but how could you part that out i wish i had a shot at it. damm could have robbed the one store in my town to buy it

all i can say is it served its purpose I keep some bikes just didnt need that 1

chopp124
02-21-2012, 06:08 PM
idk someone mentioned them someone else made same thing

protrax
02-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by chopp124
how many crf motors u got i have to yz hybrids i think its time to go crf on my next one

you should that would be cool

jrspawn
02-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
Whats special about the flatties

Just showing them a pic of the gibson branded ones. Brown and wimmer ran them for at least one race. Then after that never saw anymore out there with the gibson brand being ran.

chopp124
02-21-2012, 08:33 PM
ars fx look just like those

jrspawn
02-21-2012, 09:17 PM
Yup along with several other knock off brands.

the4billa
02-25-2012, 08:57 PM
So someone u know made a-arms that were knocked off of Walsh and roll and his welder stole his idea from under him so how is it that Dave Gibson is the bad guy and has to be bad mouth on here just because he went into biz with the guy maybe u should be having this discussion some where else then a hybrid post

250x_kyle
02-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by the4billa
So someone u know made a-arms that were knocked off of Walsh and roll and his welder stole his idea from under him so how is it that Dave Gibson is the bad guy and has to be bad mouth on here just because he went into biz with the guy maybe u should be having this discussion some where else then a hybrid post

i dont know if you have ever walked around a store before but every product pretty much has "rip off" sitting right next to it. with a few design changes theres a new patent.

chopp124
02-26-2012, 07:29 AM
well its definetly water under the bridge but it is a forum wich means i get to post stuff like everybody else and if its a useless post then it goes to the bottom pretty quickly. in this case there were alot of resopnses. the post was about dave telling people that he made the gibson parts. simply wanted to clearify that he didnt.just retailed other peoples work with his name on it. i passed an Fbi backround check and was chosen buy secret service to wire an underground bunker for president obama. i may as well tell everybody that i had lunch with the president to then! wtf! theres always going to be people then get screwed and people that dont. im sure there are plenty of reasons to go to east coast atv. i never asked him for sponsor i ran for k and k, titan, synergyn racing oils,klotz, a-1 parts. never made it to pro national but did with neatv. i use bcs and have for awhile now. no bs with them. and i can trust them. i designed an ltr kick start kit and there finishing it for me. i have 1200 into that kit and i had no worries when i gave it to them to have one gear made for me.most would have taken it and called it there own. they are going to sell the kit as well. in 14 years of riding/racing there the most strait forward sponsor i have had.

chopp124
02-26-2012, 07:34 AM
in the computer/forum age u only have to csrew one guy to loose 5 customers. thats why i choose to inform people and go through life not screwing anybody. maybe someday it will payoff. if u know k and k then u would know that screwing people over doesnt pay off. thats why there a rc car dealer now. east coast seems to stay a float but he also sposors soom awesome riders that i have met. i just wount give him my buisness thats all.

chopp124
02-26-2012, 07:47 AM
and to be perfectly honest i still have a hybrid with alot of parts i bought from east coast. roll front end, mounts, clamps ect. but when they f a paying customer they think i will still be happy and buy from u! only softies keep going back for more. then again i have to bug my wife to get laid so im a little soft myself lol

the4billa
02-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Well I guess your are right chop about k and k they also are the most over priced out there and I see your beef I actually dealt with east coast a few times the all mighty dollar gets the best of people over anything. all of the stuff at east coast is made I'n china bull!?/t

CADWELL
03-01-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm a big Gibson fan and always will be. I actually used to have a fully Gibson built YFZ that was Gibson from front to back. For some reason I always felt more comfortable dealing with ECATV then K&K for replacement parts. But like many other, I caught the Walsh virus and became hooked...

I did however always want the "flattie" Gibson front end and in fact there was a guy that sold just a hand full of sets on Ebay as his produst and no nessecarily a "Gibson" product...I'm thinking this was your buddy. I've only seen a set or two of the flattie front ends for YFZ's exchange hands through sales on forums...

Here are a few pics I found through years of searching numerous forums...

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/buttmusk/gibson1.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/buttmusk/misc%20stuff%20part%202/GibsonPatBrownprototypes.jpg

A couple pics of my old Gibson YFZ

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/buttmusk/010.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/buttmusk/015.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/buttmusk/019.jpg