PDA

View Full Version : YFZ Newbie air filter question

yernkie
02-20-2012, 09:37 AM
I have owned many quads before and all of them came with some type of aftermarket intake (ESR, FCI, etc). I just purchased an 08 YFZ that is pretty stock (Two Bros slip on, no lid, stock filter) and I want to keep it simple. Would I be better off with a stock replacement K&N plus Outerwear, or should I go with a ProDesign setup that makes the K&N clamp on? This bike will mainly be ridden in the sand.

XCRacer236
02-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Get the Pro Design intake and trash that POS K&N. Get a UNI foam filter.

unplayedcard
04-17-2012, 05:48 PM
I second that! ...and get the fci tube. :D

unplayedcard
04-17-2012, 05:53 PM
lol... woops, forget the pro design ring, just do the fci tube and the UNI fitted for the pro design/gytr ring. (had to clarify)

gtilley45
04-18-2012, 08:30 PM
I had an FCI on my YFZ and I ran pro design foam filters on it.

unplayedcard
04-19-2012, 08:36 AM
yeah, Ive run them also but the uni filter has a deeper rubber portion so the fci tube slides a bit further into the filter which makes a more secure grip when the c clamp is tightened(more contact area). They are both great filters though. Another thing to note is the uni is longer (about the size of a curtis sparks filter) and the pro design is shorter. I have the whole back of my box cut off so it is basically like a splash guard when I run the pro design filters it is tucked in perfectly and when I run the uni it hangs out the back maybe an inch or more.