PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Ticket

ATVMX33
02-20-2012, 05:17 AM
so im following my one friend in a 45mph zone and we are going anywhere between 70 and 110....then i see the lights behind me. guy infront of me cuts his lights and pulls into a driveway and i just pull over along the road by the same driveway. Cop asked me if i knew how fast i was going and i said 70 and he said he got me at 101 and my friend at 104. he said goodbye license to me then went back to his car...while hes in his car my friend just slowly pulls out and drives away hahaha
then he came back to my car with only a fine...not even any points! im so relieved right now!:D

deathman53
02-20-2012, 05:53 AM
very lucky, if its true. i can't think of any cop that would let 30+ mph go w/o major things. As far as your friend..........he has issues, sorry, but turning light off and making a quick turn sounds like evading police and not accepting responsibly for your actions. Let me guess.......both of you are about 18??????

CJM
02-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Why would you even do such speeds in a residential area is beyond me. Be happy its just a fine and learn your lesson.

JForestZ34
02-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Sorry but I call 100% BS on this STORY. There is NO WAY a officer let you off that easy going 101 in a 45mph zone. That's 56mph OVER the limit.. BS

James

dxcody
02-20-2012, 04:28 PM
i guess everyone may think im weird, but i never drive fast.

People actually get mad at me because im usually just cruising, going right on, or even a little under the speed limit..

Whats the hurry?

Warnerade
02-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
i guess everyone may think im weird, but i never drive fast.

People actually get mad at me because im usually just cruising, going right on, or even a little under the speed limit..

Whats the hurry? I agree with this statement completely...unless I actually am in a hurry, which is rare.

I also agree with Mr. Forest.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
02-20-2012, 08:16 PM
The month I got my license I got pulled over doing 134 in a 65mph zone. Cop gave me his teenage story and sent me off with a warning. Said if he ever pulled me over again he would give me the book.

Warnerade
02-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Thus is the problem with our youth today and the lazy *** adults that are supposed to keep them in line

finsteratv
02-20-2012, 09:08 PM
What the point of going that fast in a 45 or 65? Thats just straight stupid, I really could care less if someone hurts themselves from driving like a dumb *** its the other people that you're endangering.

dxcody
02-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
What the point of going that fast in a 45 or 65? Thats just straight stupid, I really could care less if someone hurts themselves from driving like a dumb *** its the other people that you're endangering.

Bingo, one little kid bounces a ball out in the road... BAM your scared for life for taking an innocent life.

I guess im just different because i usually have my 7 month old nephew and sister with me.

trailrider894
02-20-2012, 10:13 PM
In the state of missouri, that will get you arrested. I would have taken you in so fast you wouldn't have had time to blink. If you wanna go that fast on some back road or something, whatever maybe i'll juts take you license, but in a residential zone??? You don't deserve a license... I've lost to many friends and family members to idiots doing stupid things, texting, speeding, drinking, etc....

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
02-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Everyone see's things different. Fact is that's usually all those cops have to do. I rarely speed anymore and when I do it's usually 70 in a 65, 50 in 45, etc. the cop got his point across well and didn't have to ruin me. As far as all you guys saying you never speed, I call bull **** on that. Seems like the same people in every thread that make theirselves out to be perfect. Lol

ATVMX33
02-21-2012, 05:46 AM
why would i make up that story? hahah
yes i do some stupid stuff...ive done 160 a few places...
but where this happened wasnt really residential... theres a farm every 1/8 mile or so
i never had a ticket before either so idk maybe he let me go cause of my first

smr
02-21-2012, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by ATVMX33
why would i make up that story? hahah
yes i do some stupid stuff...ive done 160 a few places...
but where this happened wasnt really residential... theres a farm every 1/8 mile or so
i never had a ticket before either so idk maybe he let me go cause of my first

I believe it can happen. I got pulled over when I was young (over 20 years ago) and I was doing well over 100. Like you when I saw the lights I pulled over, the cop came up gave me a strong talking to and then wrote the ticket for 70mph.

It's easy for you to prove just post up a picture of the ticket.

JForestZ34
02-21-2012, 08:22 AM
I guess it could happen but posting the ticket up still won't prove he was clicked at 101 in a 45. It will show what the cop gave him the ticket for. 70 in a 45 I can go out and get a ticket right now if I wanted. But 101 in a 45 will get you handcuffs. And if the cop didn't arrest him for that then te cop is more at fault for not doing it.

He stated he's driven that fast before, trust me this won't be his last time. Ticket or no ticket. I drive fast every now and then but I don't go over the limit by 56mph. 75 in a 65 or may 80 in a 65 but that's rare. Doing stuff like this will get people killed. Most of the time innocent people are te ones hurt cause people think this is cool

James

trailrider894
02-21-2012, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
Everyone see's things different. Fact is that's usually all those cops have to do. I rarely speed anymore and when I do it's usually 70 in a 65, 50 in 45, etc. the cop got his point across well and didn't have to ruin me. As far as all you guys saying you never speed, I call bull **** on that. Seems like the same people in every thread that make theirselves out to be perfect. Lol

well of course we all do stupid things, but most of us don't do that kind of speed in a res. zone.... sure I speed 10mph over most places. But they won't pull you over for that here, because everyone speeds. The deal is, once you do it once, you'll do it again... All it takes is that one time for a car to pull out in front of you, and then you have murder on your hands.

JForestZ34
02-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Here ya go. Some reading on a subject like this.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/21/10467207-bmw-going-100-mph-crashes-into-kfc

James

ATVMX33
02-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by smr

It's easy for you to prove just post up a picture of the ticket.
yeah the ticket doesnt have a speed...it just says failure to obey posted traffic sign or something

btw i was doing 140 less then a mile before he clocked me

ben300
02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
yeah the ticket doesnt have a speed...it just says failure to obey posted traffic sign or something

btw i was doing 140 less then a mile before he clocked me

im sorry..i know some ppl dont like me on here cause i can be douche.....but going 140.....going 100+ on public roads is ****ing retarded....i wont lie, i speed, i go fast, i drive a little less catiously than i should........but thats just ****ing retarded to do dude..totally irresponsible and not cool...

..ya i think we've gotten the point you do it quite a bit, and you probably feel like real hard *** doing it in your camero or civic or what ever you drive....but its just dumb

im also calling BS on the story too...buddy of mine got clocked doing 118 on I-79 Norht bound just north of pitsburgh in his 96, pumpkin orange, civic hatch....he lost his license for 90 days, 4 points on his license, and got hauled off to jail on the spot....and he was super polite to the cop....

...its all fun and games until you bounce off a deer, or a telelphone pole, or hit a big pot hole, or a little kid at that speed....

some ppls kids i tell ya :huh :rolleyes:

dxcody
02-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by ben300
im sorry..i know some ppl dont like me on here cause i can be douche.....but going 140.....going 100+ on public roads is ****ing retarded....i wont lie, i speed, i go fast, i drive a little less catiously than i should........but thats just ****ing retarded to do dude..totally irresponsible and not cool...

..ya i think we've gotten the point you do it quite a bit, and you probably feel like real hard *** doing it....

...its all fun and games until you bounce off a deer, or a telelphone pole, or hit a big pot hole, or a little kid at that speed....

some ppls kids i tell ya :huh :rolleyes:

That sir, i agree with!
That calls for a....

mdickerson319
02-21-2012, 02:54 PM
I call BS on this story. In WV that wldve gotten u a trip to the Magistrate and a nice tow bill.

slightlybent47
02-21-2012, 03:10 PM
I can believe the story, I got pulled over in a small town at 3 am and I was so drunk that when the officer handed me the ticket book to sign I dropped it 3 times. He let me go on my drunken way. But that was 30 years ago. Sure I should have been arrested but I’ve also not driven drunk since.
You can drive as fast as you want in Houston and never get pulled over because there are rarely any cops on patrol.
I drove from California to New York and I never saw 1 single cop the whole way.

But driving 100+ anywhere but a race track is nuts and should have gotten you some jail time.

trailrider894
02-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Car, meet pole. Pole meet, car.

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/201104/r747980_6177251.jpg

Idiot, meet your death. Death, meet your idiot.

I've been well over 140mph before... Nothing wrong with going fast!! Heck you can 12042350283509128305mph as far as I care, but I went that fast on a closed course race track... Most entry fee's are small for a test and tune night. You my friend make my blood boil, I am stunned that people like you were even allowed to be born into this world. I hope that if you ever speed again, that you meet that pole before you meet a car full of kids... You have no clue what that would do to your life. Maybe this is just the police officer in me, and my training, and the things i've seen and been through, but you will never know what its like to pull that child that is hanging onto life by a thread from a car wreck caused by a fool like.

trailrider894
02-21-2012, 10:53 PM
This guy, was one of my buddies who I grew up with... He wasn't drunk, he was just driving fast...

http://gasconade.countynewslive.com/content/2010/may/30/update8-daniel-pecauts-condition-still-listed-serious-1010-am-tragedy-hwy-19-nor

CJM
02-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Ive seen too many fatals and cleaned up the accidents to go fast anymore.

About the only place I speed is the highway, limit says 65 I do 75 and if I have to pass maybe 80-90 briefly.

Pappy
02-22-2012, 03:13 AM
Well, if he had to go to court, this thread could have shown the judge the *** kicking he got for breaking the law LOL

Slow down knucklehead

ATVMX33
02-22-2012, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by ben300

..ya i think we've gotten the point you do it quite a bit, and you probably feel like real hard *** doing it in your camero or civic or what ever you drive....but its just dumb

what kind of civic will go 140 ;)

i wasnt posting this to seem like a bad*ss i was just so relieved i felt like telling someone haha

300ex_#387
02-22-2012, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by trailrider894
sure I speed 10mph over most places. But they won't pull you over for that here, because everyone speeds.

Actually they will pull you over for 10mph over in missouri. Trust me........

fastredrider44
02-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Looks like there's several hypocrits on here. :o

Ichoptop
02-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Looks like there's several hypocrits on here. :o

and bad spellers...

trailrider894
02-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Actually they will pull you over for 10mph over in missouri. Trust me........

Well the Highway Patrol is so overwhelmed on I-70 that they have to keep it 10 over to pull over... If they didn't they would have a never ending trail of paperwork. Every Police Dept. I've ever worked at or volunteered with pretty much does 10 over. But we are in the boondocks/hillbilly country.

b0rn c0nfused
02-22-2012, 09:19 AM
...ive done 160 a few places...

Just wondering, what kind of car do your drive???

buck440
02-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Ichoptop
and bad spellers...

and bad grammar...

fastredrider44
02-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Ichoptop
and bad spellers...

Sorry the "E" didn't type. Please forgive me.

ATVMX33
02-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by b0rn c0nfused
Just wondering, what kind of car do your drive???

im thankful for tuners to remove speed limiters :p
http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq109/ATVMX/Picture2812.jpg

b0rn c0nfused
02-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Man thats a nice lookin stang!

JForestZ34
02-22-2012, 04:22 PM
That is a nice looking stang and street bike. Keep driving like that and your luck will run out. Save it for the track. But you already knew that right. Lol

James

ATVMX33
02-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by JForestZ34
That is a nice looking stang and street bike. Keep driving like that and your luck will run out. Save it for the track. But you already knew that right. Lol

James

thanks im just gonna lower it yet...i wanna take both of them to the track too hah

dxcody
02-22-2012, 08:45 PM
The picture of your rides... They make me believe the story.. lol

trailrider894
02-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
The picture of your rides... They make me believe the story.. lol

Speed Limiters are designed, not to stop you from speeding, but to stop you from exceeding what the car has been safely tested at. They are their for a reason. Unless you have done the proper modifications, I wouldn't touch a speed limiter.

Pipeless416
02-22-2012, 10:30 PM
whats the limiter set to on a 5.0? it's still got to be ridiculously high, because even my T/A is limited to 162 stock. i'd have to imagine it wouldn't be lower than that.. :confused:

Mean250r
02-23-2012, 12:19 AM
I didnt read through all these pages. But i used to do reckless **** like this.... (drive stupid fast in an area where you SHOULD NOT be driving like that, i even have a few good cop stories myself:devil: )

However, that was when i was 18 - and was immature, arrogant, and reckless. Driving a 550 HP terminator cobra! :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :devil:

I can now honestly say i slowed down alot, and became much more responsible behind the wheel of my m3. I never drive reckless like that unless i KNOW its an area where im not putting anyone else at harm from my stupidity.

I do open up my m3 from time to time though ! :macho :macho

woodsman250r
02-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Let me guess...you live in Hazzard county, drive a bright orange car with an 01 on the side and rebel flag on top, and the cops name was Roscoe...great story...now go outside and practice trying to kick yourself in the head for being a d bag.

ATVMX33
02-23-2012, 09:48 AM
limiter is actually set at 150mph on the new 5.0s :ermm:

buck440
02-23-2012, 02:41 PM
on the speed channel they had the jeep suv and at stock they toped it out at 170'something on the autobon. pretty crazy knowing a jeep can go that fast.

JForestZ34
02-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
whats the limiter set to on a 5.0? it's still got to be ridiculously high, because even my T/A is limited to 162 stock. i'd have to imagine it wouldn't be lower than that.. :confused:

Im sure the newer cars have their rev limiters set lower. It all has to do with emissions on these cars. That's why they with to 10% ethonol and they went to OBD II. They want as close to zero emissions as possible and they are pretty close if not there already.

Just like the red light cameras, It's all about money and nothing about safety.

James