PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem

Xe004
02-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Out last week and couldn't get a neutral light then I turn the lights off and the neural light would come back on but bike still wouldn't start. Now I am not getting anything at all but I can catch it in gear nag it will run . Any ideas other than burning the piece of junk?

Duke400ex
02-19-2012, 08:55 AM
If this is a new problem start with the easy things.

The first thing that I would do is clean all of the mud and dirt away from the positive and negative batty terminals. Also, on that note make sure that the screws are tight.

Check the fuse. The fuse may be blown if there was something preventing it from starting and you kept trying.

quadmanw
02-19-2012, 09:08 AM
I suck with electric but this happened to me and I just shook the wire harness in the back that connects to the grounder or whatever near the battery.. Works all the time for me. Lol. Give it a try

Xe004
02-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks. I tried wiggling wires and I would start but it didn't fix the problem my the battery or the fuse. I have power it's strange. I never had this happen before

jrok
02-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Check the neutral safety switch connection on the bottom left of the motor. :chinese:

Xe004
02-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks. Will do.

CJM
02-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Check the wiring up by the lights, alot of times over the years they run thru and can cause a short.

quad2xtreme
02-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Could be the main power wire going to the switch. Pull the plug apart at the end of the switch. Check all those pins real close and make sure nothing corroded or broken off.

You symptoms sounds exactly like what happened to me and a broken pin ended up being the issue. It ran fine for 10 years then one day was out on the trail. Stalled it and no starter, no neutral light, and no headlights. You could bump start it though.