PDA

View Full Version : need help BURNING OIL

05/450r/10
02-19-2012, 08:18 AM
okay when i start my bike up it has blue smoke(oil) coming out like a decent amount to.... but the thing is it only does it when i am warming it up..........any suggestions or know whats wrong

punk rock kiel
02-19-2012, 08:41 AM
valve seals...

DnB_racing
02-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by punk rock kiel
valve seals... X2

if the rings were bad it would smoke all the time, the valve seals leaking let oil drip into the combustion chamber when motor is not running, then it burns it off and runs cleaner, but not better, fix the seals before too long not a big job ...

you might need new valves but if you wait too long you will need new valves... there is a chance you could cause more wear to the valve stems by running worn seals.

xcracer416
02-19-2012, 01:57 PM
i would think seals also. on the other hand if it hasnt ever had a valve job you might want to think into that. a 450r will wear valve guides out and can cause the seals to leak.

i have a very very good person to recommend on a valve job, or anything that has to do with a 450r head.

he uses a serdi valve machine, can do 3 or 5 angle. he can do porting with flow bench and dyno numbers to back up his work.