PDA

View Full Version : JRD a arm bushings.....

punk rock kiel
02-18-2012, 03:06 PM
i cant seem to find a website or a phone number for new bushings....so was wondering if someone else used another company's bushings that worked???

i also know the dimensions if this helps....
bushing-
.762 small od
1.025 big od
.855 long
.564 id
.060 lip for big od

sleeve-
.564 od
.406 id
1.725 oal

worse case ill go a local machine shop and have them make some but i wanted to see if someone knew of a set that works....

bobbo97f150
02-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Try contacting Dave at JD. He might be able to help you out. I don't know if JRD is still in business.

http://www.jdperformance.net/

deathman53
02-19-2012, 10:49 AM
jrd is out of business, they have been since end of 09. One thing about jrd, they copied alot of stuff from a roll lobo, look at their a-arms, almost exact copies. If it wasn't for the the spacing(only jrd frame), it would be hard to tell them apart from the roll lobo +3's that are on my lonestar.

fasterz
02-19-2012, 11:59 AM
I also have a JRD front end and couldnt get a hold of any one at JRD, I was wondering if they went out of business I guess that confirms it. Since I couldnt get in contact with them I ended up turning some on a lathe, im sure any machine shop would do it for pretty cheap. I got the materials rights from McMaster.

punk rock kiel
02-20-2012, 09:14 PM
i just ordered the delrin to have some made, ive been a machinist but i know a shop that can knock them out on a CNC alot easier than one bushing at a time on a lathe and they are super cheap.

ill have them make a 2nd set.

yes they are exactly like roll lobo arms to a T. i emailed roll but i bet they wont email me back and i dont wanna wait.

fasterz
02-21-2012, 08:54 AM
I would really like to know if the roll uprights fit, my jrd ones are a bit marred up and there is no way I can make those on a lathe with the precision taper on them. Has any one looked into that or know another source for them?

punk rock kiel
02-21-2012, 10:41 AM
the king pin you mean? one of mine is messed up but still works, so im gonna use it. i was thinking about having them made at the machine shop down the road if i keep the arms for a while.

hey deathman, aaron (friends with mike at HRE) says he knows ya and wondered if your 200x was still at his place? hes been looking to get something new and i cant talk him into a quad.

deathman53
02-21-2012, 03:10 PM
no, I got the trike back. I am undecided on what to do w/ it.

XR200R
02-22-2012, 06:18 AM
ah wtf, i just want the chassis deathman, if you wanna sell the 200x as a roller ill come get it. id like a newer motor in it to get away from the rarness of the 86/87 200xs

its aaron btw.

send me a pm, i dont have your number anymore, i had gotten a new phone and i dont get onto the internet much. or pm kiel with a price and he will tell me.

Langbolt
02-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by fasterz
I would really like to know if the roll uprights fit, my jrd ones are a bit marred up and there is no way I can make those on a lathe with the precision taper on them. Has any one looked into that or know another source for them?

FasterZ: Is this what you're looking for ???

fasterz
02-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Yes that is the part although looks slightly different than the current ones on my jrd front end. Do you know who makes it and does it fit the jrd front ends?

Langbolt
02-24-2012, 07:58 AM
fasterZ

Look here:

http://www.amstarmanufacturing.com/BallJoints.html

Hope this helps

:D

fasterz
02-24-2012, 09:46 AM
God Damn! Nice Find! Ive been purchasing rod ends from McMaster every year for big bucks, those are less than half the cost. Ill order the king pins, hopefully they fit. Its better than loosing the $80 a piece roll wants for them.

Thanks!:D

punk rock kiel
02-26-2012, 06:06 AM
idk about your king pins but my lower ones are longer than the uppers and if you get 4 of the same, it will throw off the angles of the bearings. im gonna switch mine around tho to gain some ground clearance for the lower arm.

punk rock kiel
02-26-2012, 06:11 AM
also forgot to say.....my upper heims i got from an off road place....
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/index.php/builderparts/rod-ends-links/better/3-4-x-3-4-rod-end-heim-joint-rose-joint-left-and-right-hand-thread.html

the lowers "plain bearings" i got from midwest control part number COMT-12

i dont know how cheap you got yours for but that was cheap for me causei got a 2nd set of everything.