PDA

View Full Version : anyone still make a pro peg nerf for rhe 86???

JoePA
02-17-2012, 05:05 AM
I'm wonderimg if any company stil makes a pro peg style nerf?? I know Burgard makes a set but they are hard to get feedback from sometimes.

troybilt
02-17-2012, 07:25 AM
http://acracing.com/product/ac-racing-250r-mx-peg-1619.htm

Hey Joe, What do you mean by pro-pegged nerfs? I've always thought/been told the "pro-pegged nerfs" were for the aftermarket "pro-pegged" frames? i.e. the MX frames with the tubes welded to the frame for nerf mounting. Or are you just talking about nerf bars with extra foot wide pegs?

If it is a true "pro-pegged" frame, then you should be able to measure the center-to-center of the mounting tubes and find a nerf that is close...

JoePA
02-17-2012, 07:33 AM
I'm not sure of their exact name but a nerf bar with the wide peg attached. I'm to the point now that I'm just going to start calling companies to get measurements from different models they carry to see what comes close. Those blingstars that you bolted on look awesome and would love to find something Like that and just get a bracket made. I love my R but when you can't find something so simple it gets frustrating. Going to get blingstar on the horn right now and see what they can do for us......

troybilt
02-17-2012, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by JoePA
I'm not sure of their exact name but a nerf bar with the wide peg attached. I'm to the point now that I'm just going to start calling companies to get measurements from different models they carry to see what comes close. Those blingstars that you bolted on look awesome and would love to find something Like that and just get a bracket made. I love my R but when you can't find something so simple it gets frustrating. Going to get blingstar on the horn right now and see what they can do for us......

Gotcha... I used the 450r F43 nerfs on my laeger, but I also tried them on the 86 frame 250r... They are nice nerfs. They will fit an 86 frame, with a little work for the mounting up by the motor mounts.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/DSCN1909.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/DSCN1908.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/DSCN1907.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/DSCN1906.jpg

etccb
02-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Have you ridden your 250r with that set up Troy? They look like they are around 1 1/2 or so further back then these below. Does someone have a side photo of a roll design peg for the 86-87 to see it's location?

troybilt
02-17-2012, 08:43 AM
I actually measured them compared to the stock oem peg location and the leading edge is ~1/2" back...

troybilt
02-17-2012, 08:47 AM
These were my LRD nerfs on an 89 frame:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/my%20250r%20Build/DSCN0964.jpg

troybilt
02-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Roll pegs on 89 frame:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/my%20250r%20Build/DSCN0550.jpg

troybilt
02-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Roll pegs on an 86 frame

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/my%20250r%20Build/DSCN0475.jpg

troybilt
02-17-2012, 08:53 AM
It wouldn't take much to make some different brackets for the peg mounts. Anybody with a welder could make those.

etccb
02-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
I actually measured them compared to the stock oem peg location and the leading edge is ~1/2" back...

It's the rear edge that really comes into play here. How far back is too far? I guess that is up to the rider but it is just something for everyone to pay close attention to when going the route we have to go on the 86-87. Rear edge back from stock is basically a requirement, but how far??????

troybilt
02-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by etccb
It's the rear edge that really comes into play here. How far back is too far? I guess that is up to the rider but it is just something for everyone to pay close attention to when going the route we have to go on the 86-87. Rear edge back from stock is basically a requirement, but how far??????

I think both are important. If the peg is too far forward its hard to shift with riding boots.

Again, its really easy to make new brackets to move the peg wherever you want.

JoePA
02-17-2012, 09:49 AM
That's the problem I'm having now. With Lew's first design peg it was too high and forward for a riding boot. Then I have another set of nerfs with pegs but they are too far back to run with stock rear fenders cause your boot would catch.

Also on the 86 the is an extra down tube that gets in the way of the nerf bar if it crosses through the frame. In dame ways I feel like I should get a tig, tubing bender and a sewing machine and start making these!!!! LOL

troybilt
02-17-2012, 09:58 AM
I hear ya Joe, sometimes its best to take matters into our own hands and build what we want/need... haha.. If I didn't have a bunch of projects in the works, I'd work on something for you. I hate when the peg is too far forward and I have to raise the shifter up about 3" so I can get my boots under it without stretching my flexor muscles, but I also don't like my boots to catch on the fenders either. On mine I'm trimming the rear fenders to help with the boot from catching, but I might have to make a different mount to move the peg a little farther forward. we need adjustable nerfs... LOL!!

etccb
02-17-2012, 10:07 AM
I agree too. When I had Lew make mine in the pic that I posted I had him lower them another 1/2 and take a 1/4 off of the front. Now I wish I would of had him take 1/2 off of the front. I will be raising my shifter a notch to test it out that way on the next ride. I wouldn't want the rear much further back and I feel they would still be wide enough. As you know Joe I beat my brain into mush over this same issue. I got very close on the setup but would I tweak it??? Yes, another 1/4 off of the front please and see how that feels.

etccb
02-17-2012, 10:11 AM
The front would still make it on my 87 with this combo and 1/4 more off of the front.

croat1
02-17-2012, 11:57 AM
troy: this is what he is looking for.

on a side note: i would suggest purchasing lews pegs unwelded and then the placement can be made to your preference. i prefer the stock pegs location (stock or ims pegs). kinda of like the ergonomics after riding them for arounf 15 years

JoePA
02-17-2012, 12:22 PM
I just got off the horn with AC Racing and they now make a nerf,peg, heelguard setup for every year 250R. Going to order up a set now.

etccb
02-17-2012, 12:37 PM
NOW THEY HAVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!
:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

I am glad that they started doing them for the 86 87 again. Thats good for us and that is the way that I would go for sure. Great news for the 250R.

etccb
02-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Hey joepa please post some pics of them mounted up with some good straight side shots of the peg area. Maybe I will have some stuff to post in the classified section.

troybilt
02-17-2012, 02:08 PM
I posted a link with the AC nerfs in the first reply... ;)

They have them listed in there, I thought you saw those?

etccb
02-17-2012, 02:51 PM
I didn't even click on it. I had no 86-87 AC brain block.

troybilt
02-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by etccb
I didn't even click on it. I had no 86-87 AC brain block.

For the money it would be hard to be the AC's I think, plus no modifications necessary. Just my $0.02...

I don't think they had the 86/87's until recently, recently being 2-4 months, I know I've looked in the past they only had them for the 88/89 at that time anyway.

JoePA
02-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Yes, it must have been recently cuz I was looking as well and I also sent them a few e-mails and everytime it was NO and we don't plan on it!!! Well I guess they changed their minds!!!

Parts are ordered!!!!

troybilt
02-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Yes, it must have been recently cuz I was looking as well and I also sent them a few e-mails and everytime it was NO and we don't plan on it!!! Well I guess they changed their minds!!!

Parts are ordered!!!!

Awesome Joe, tell us how you like them when you get them. I'm curious.

etccb
02-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by croat1
troy: this is what he is looking for.

It would be nice if they would also sell these to have another price point and a non healguard but we will take what we can get.

JoePA
02-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Just a heads up AC Racing has %20 off on orders over a $100 and %10 of on orders over $50.

hawaiiysr
02-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Someone posted a build tread recently that had new AC nerfs with heal guards and I I believe double wide pegs. Not sure if they were pro peged tho. Was it this site of the other one? The member mentioned they were new.

Ex_Rider43
02-20-2012, 06:37 AM
Hey guys ,

Im the one that makes the Factory 43 nerfs like Troy have on his R. I can make them without the heel gards too for cheaper.

I would like to have a 250r frame to have a 250r specific nerfbar but they are pretty rare around here. If i ever find one I will let you know. thanks !

Steeve

troybilt
02-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43
Hey guys ,

Im the one that makes the Factory 43 nerfs like Troy have on his R. I can make them without the heel gards too for cheaper.

I would like to have a 250r frame to have a 250r specific nerfbar but they are pretty rare around here. If i ever find one I will let you know. thanks !

Steeve

Steeve, I designed all of the parts to convert 450r nerfs to fit a 250r frame, I can also layout the entire nerf in CAD for you from my frame geometry. I worked with Jay at Fourwerx and you to try and get some nerfs made specifically for the 250r frame awhile back. There is several members on here from Canada, that might be able to help with a frame for you to use. I can also locate a frame or 2 for you if need be, but shipping is killer.

jwags13
02-20-2012, 05:48 PM
So the 86/87 nerfs on the ac racing website do or do not come with heel guards? I saw in the past that they did have them for the 88/89 but never for the 86/87 model. When u get yours in could you post pics and how you like them? I got tired of looking for 86/87 nerfs with heel guards and bought a set of trx450r nerfs with heelguards to modify and use instead. Cant wait to see how your 86/87 ac nerfs look and mount. Thanks.

JoePA
02-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Yes they do come with heel guards. When I spoke to the lady ay AC she said they did ony make them for the 88-89 but then realized they only needed to make one bracket to make them work on the 86-87. To me that's a no brainer but whatever they are now available for all models.

I'll post pics when I get them in.

troybilt
02-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Yes they do come with heel guards. When I spoke to the lady ay AC she said they did ony make them for the 88-89 but then realized they only needed to make one bracket to make them work on the 86-87. To me that's a no brainer but whatever they are now available for all models.

I'll post pics when I get them in.

Yes that is a no brainer... glad they wised up. They are nice looking nerfs. I'd tried to get Rath to make some for us as well. Jen said they could, but after a few email correspondence, I think they got busy with race season, this was a several months back. I decided to take matters into my own hand. I've thought about converting some Houser nerfs as well for grins.

Another note, I bet LSR would make their DC nerfs, they've been supporting the 250r for a long time.

JoePA
02-20-2012, 07:43 PM
The more I deal with crap these days the more and more I'm just going to start making my own ****!!!

I just don't get it sometimes. For a quad as popular as the 250R I would think that nerfs would be a dime a dozen. Heck it's probably easier to get nerfs for a Kymco Mongoose 300!!!! LOL

It is!!!
http://zvito.com/upload/normal/2/2008_Kymco_Mongoose_300_-_Andover_-_Motorcycles_1.jpeg