PDA

View Full Version : 95 cr ignition

Grande Huevos
02-16-2012, 06:51 PM
hey guys i came across a killer deal on a cr ignition but wanted to double check before i drop the cash...... although its not the 2001 will a 95 still make a significant difference from the oem trx ignition???? Also i fig the answer is no but can you use the trx flywheel with the cr stator, coil, and cdi?

265 sleeper
02-16-2012, 08:17 PM
They have a thread on this already. But if I'm not mistaken it will work but it still not as good as the 2001 . I picked up my cr kit on fleabay for 215. Plus adaptor plate for 60

Deadly
02-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Grande Huevos
hey guys i came across a killer deal on a cr ignition but wanted to double check before i drop the cash...... although its not the 2001 will a 95 still make a significant difference from the oem trx ignition???? Also i fig the answer is no but can you use the trx flywheel with the cr stator, coil, and cdi?

IIRC 2000 on up is digital and below would be analog. I personally wouldn't waste my money on anything below the year 2000. I can't attest to what year is the best but everyone and their neighbors dog swear it's the 01. I can only assume the power curve is the reason?
/shrug shoulders

Grande Huevos
02-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Deadly
IIRC 2000 on up is digital and below would be analog. I personally wouldn't waste my money on anything below the year 2000. I can't attest to what year is the best but everyone and their neighbors dog swear it's the 01. I can only assume the power curve is the reason?
/shrug shoulders

thats what i was looking for.... i couldnt remember when it switched to digital.. Thanks