PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested?

Rohr397
02-16-2012, 01:28 PM
So I've been coming up with some new intake designs for maximum flow, obviously I need to do some testing and what not but before I do I was just curious if anyone thought there'd be a good market out there for intake/air box designs. Just curious, if I can make something that works really good and sell it that'd be really cool. Thanks guys.

JOHNDOE83
02-16-2012, 01:39 PM
I have the answer to this question, NO airbox is the only way to get MAX flow from the intake.

A stock 400ex airbox can easily be made to have a open filter design, the rubber intake boot slips out of the plastic airbox leaving the snorkel and intake boot attachedIf you zip tie the snorkel to your frame it becomes support for your filter.

I use a alluminum tube so its straight with a uni filter and 2, 2in rubber grommets to mount the tube to carb and to mount filter to tube.

You could use the alloy tube and construct a alloy half box to keep water splashage away from the filter.

Otherwise the stock setup without a lid is your best bet, I use open filter because I dont mud or ride in wet conditions and I mainly drag race so open filter design is best for MAX power.

Unless your building a straight up race 400ex for MX,XC or drag racing, the stock setup without lid is best.

Rohr397
02-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Yeah the plan for this is 100% motocross engine so that's why I want to create a less restrictive intake, but more importantly increase the amount of air directed in. It's really hard to explain and I won't give away much but I have a really interesting idea.

JOHNDOE83
02-16-2012, 01:48 PM
And I actually have a cool design for 1 with a partial box style "filter guard" but its hard to explain in typing.

JOHNDOE83
02-16-2012, 01:50 PM
You should actually try the open filter with the tube intake design for a start the if you wanna construct a boxish guard you can still do it :D

Rohr397
02-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Yeah that's a good idea for sure!