PDA

View Full Version : Reasonable Selling Price for a Laeger Pro-Trax CR500 Chassis

liverideatv
02-16-2012, 08:26 AM
What is a fair price for a Laeger CR500 Chassis with a Pro-Trax Front End.

Parts Included:
-Frame
-Flip-Top Subframe
-Complete Pro-Trax
-Swinger
-Axis Rear Shock

There are only 5 of these ever made so I am just curious to see what type of interest this will get because I may put it for sale.

JOHNDOE83
02-16-2012, 01:55 PM
I dunno how much people would pay, I would say that if there were only 5 made it wasnt the best frame design and not worth a whole lot, Im just saying theres not a high demand for it obviously.

I would pay $500 for it.

BUT for all we know it could be worth $1500, maybe even more?

beastlywarrior
02-16-2012, 02:21 PM
bahahaha wasnt the best frame design dont make me laugh. thats a amazing chassis coupled with a cr500 youll have a great quad

liverideatv
02-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Thats what I was thinking too? any clue on value? I thought $500 was a joke lol

ryanowarrior
02-16-2012, 02:59 PM
How do u know there was only 5 made though?

madskrillz2
02-16-2012, 03:02 PM
To the right person it would be worth a lot. Just gotta find someone looking for that type of chassis and knows what they're getting. Obviously the first guy that replied has no idea what you have lol

250Renvy
02-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by liverideatv
What is a fair price for a Laeger CR500 Chassis with a Pro-Trax Front End.

Parts Included:
-Frame
-Flip-Top Subframe
-Complete Pro-Trax
-Swinger
-Axis Rear Shock

There are only 5 of these ever made so I am just curious to see what type of interest this will get because I may put it for sale.

Are you talking about a Laeger for CR500 motor?

If so demand is not that high - You are kidding yourself if you think people are going to pay your prices for stuff. The buying quads and parting them out for big money ship has sailed, might as well dump your stuff for what you got into + a little (NOT A LOT) and let someone enjoy them and build them rather than rape them on something you want to make a ton of money on.

You are probably asking $5200 for the whole lot whereas a REASONABLE price would be:

-Frame w/subframe $1000
-Complete Pro-Trax - $800
-Swinger - $300
-Axis Rear Shock - $400
-----------------------------------

$2500

You wonder why you stuff isn't selling - The prices are too high DA.

motochamp250
02-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy

If so demand is not that high - You are kidding yourself if you think people are going to pay your prices for stuff. The buying quads and parting them out for big money ship has sailed, might as well dump your stuff for what you got into + a little (NOT A LOT) and let someone enjoy them and build them rather than rape them on something you want to make a ton of money on.

You are probably asking $5200 for the whole lot whereas a REASONABLE price would be:

-Frame w/subframe $1000
-Swinger - $300
-Axis Rear Shock - $400

$2500

Agreed. The only chassis' that I have seen command a premium are the roll lobos. which I and many others would have no problem paying for (if i could find one when i have money) haha.... I'm not against anyone making a little profit, and I'm not busting you balls dallas. Might would be a little higher than a regular laeger, just because the cr500 thing... JMO

chopp124
02-16-2012, 06:00 PM
i would love to grab it just to smoke people! i think roll is over rated i have there parts, there ok but heavy. my buddy built a complete roll 250r for 23k and went to a 4 stroke cause got his but kicked with it. bike looks nice but its no better than laeger

motochamp250
02-16-2012, 06:22 PM
I could build a 100k quad... doesn't mean I'm going to win every time if I'm no good at riding it... But this isn't what the thread is about. I was simply stating all laeger chassis' i see usually go for 1-1.5k.... usually closer to 1k. This one is probably worth a little more just because of the rareness.

JOHNDOE83
02-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
To the right person it would be worth a lot. Just gotta find someone looking for that type of chassis and knows what they're getting. Obviously the first guy that replied has no idea what you have lol

Originally posted by beastlywarrior
bahahaha wasnt the best frame design dont make me laugh. thats a amazing chassis coupled with a cr500 youll have a great quad

I think you guys seem to miss the point here, sure its cool, yes it would make a great quad but no one is buying and building 2 stroke atvs like that anymore.

And Id be willing to bet that they only made 5 and no more for that reason.

In its hay day Im sure it would go for alot more, go ahead and post dozens of adds with what ever price you think it will sell for and we'll see how long it is till its gone.

My $500 offer will still be here if you dont sell it :D

madskrillz2
02-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
I think you guys seem to miss the point here, sure its cool, yes it would make a great quad but no one is buying and building 2 stroke atvs like that anymore.

In its hay day Im sure it would go for alot more, go ahead and post dozens of adds with what ever price you think it will sell for and we'll see how long it is till its gone.

Oh yeah I realize that. I'm just saying though, if you find the right person that knows how rare it is and has been looking for one, they'll pay just about anything.

liverideatv
02-17-2012, 06:02 AM
Just so we are on the same page I wouldnt sell you this chassis for $500 plus your little 400ex hybrid. Thanks Though

Originally posted by JOHNDOE83

liverideatv
02-17-2012, 06:05 AM
You do understand there are only 5 of these ever right? Also I dont care if it sells, and me parting stuff is my business and if I sold it for what I bought it for, well that wouldnt really work. I have very reasonable prices if people call me. The High posted prices are to get rid of some of the talkers. Thanks, Dallas

Originally posted by 250Renvy

-Frame w/subframe $1000
-Swinger - $300
-Axis Rear Shock - $400

$2500

liverideatv
02-17-2012, 06:06 AM
Glad someone knows what we have here.

Originally posted by beastlywarrior

C41Xracer
02-17-2012, 06:51 AM
just because there are 5 that were made doesnt make it worth alot. I wouldnt want to ride it, vibration would be a killer. Yeah there are die hard 2 stroke riders but your not gonna get what you want for it. 1k is probably the max your gonna see for it. Thats if your lucky

liverideatv
02-17-2012, 06:54 AM
You do know that just the front end sells easily for $1000-$1500 all the time on ebay right?

Originally posted by C41Xracer
just because there are 5 that were made doesnt make it worth alot. I wouldnt want to ride it, vibration would be a killer. 2 strokes are dead compared to 4 strokes. Yeah there are die hard 2 stroke riders but your not gonna get what you want for it. 1k is probably the max your gonna see for it. Thats if your lucky

C41Xracer
02-17-2012, 06:55 AM
well then part it on ebay

liverideatv
02-17-2012, 06:55 AM
3 offers so far... $3200 being the highest. I will keep it for that.

liverideatv
02-17-2012, 06:57 AM
Not lookin to part it or sell it. I have had her for over 3 years now and I love it. Just decided to take the built motor and put it in my roll design cr500. I just created this post to try to find a realistic value.

Originally posted by C41Xracer
well then part it on ebay

250Renvy
02-17-2012, 07:09 AM
You're ridiculous, you already know what it is, - approx what you paid for it. $3200 is a good offer.

How can you stay in business if you don't sell anything. It's one thing if it's just a hobby and you don't care how long it takes, but if you never sell stuff cause your prices are too high, good luck.

liverideatv
02-17-2012, 07:19 AM
There are a few things that I keep for myself but have for sale. I sell tons of stuff bro. If you need anything please call me and I will give you a great price. Internet prices are HIGH due to EBAY fees. phone calls prices are much different and people that take the time to call know that. and I thought I new what I had till I pulled the gas tank off and here is what I found?? Very different than anything I have ever seen, including other Laeger CR500's.

JOHNDOE83
02-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Just so we are on the same page I wouldnt sell you this chassis for $500 plus your little 400ex hybrid. Thanks Though

Dude, I was just stating facts and opinions, you asked a question in a public forum, if you knew how much it was worth then why did you make this thread?

Theres no reason to take a stab at someone just because they said something you didnt wanna hear, regardless if it were facts or opinions they were offering.

Go ahead and try to sell your chassis for $3200, youll get offers for just the shocks or just the swinger NO ONE is buying or building stuff like that for MX or XC anymore!

Id buy that CR500 motor from you but you probaly want a outrageous or overpriced ebay amount for it.

kt23
02-17-2012, 07:38 PM
poeple list front ends on ebay for $1000 - $1500 but strangely they have to relist them. You see them same stuff on there over & over. Every so often one will sell. But most are well worn by now.

89trx250r
02-17-2012, 08:26 PM
LOL exactly the guy selling the protrax's tries to overcharge just like dalls here thats why his **** is on ebay forever and never sells I have seen the same red laeger narrow frame and 2 sets of protrax's there for probably close to a year now...

jrspawn
02-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Considering what the last cr500 Laeger sold for on eBay, 3200 for just the chassis and you are well ahead on it. That complete quad didn't bring much at all. Is the extended swinger being sold with it?

chopp124
02-19-2012, 03:41 PM
if we were closer to cali that would sell for 3200 all day the sand junkies love that **** i dont think laeger built alot of tham cause they were designed for baja. i would love to bring one to mx track and destroy everybody. i have only seen a trx 250r with a 420 kit and that thing was nuts. def i cool bike but u have your laeger nuts and lonestar, prp, roll ect. everybody will pay alot for something they want at some point. i love my gibsons and now that my buddy is getting back into building i will be building a brand new one soon enough

liverideatv
02-20-2012, 05:53 AM
Thanks Chopp. I am intertested in a Gibson Hybrid. Let me know when they will be made. Thanks, Dallas

chopp124
02-20-2012, 03:32 PM
they wount be actual gibson. that was the name east coast and k and k put on the parts he made. but will be same if not close.

chopp124
02-20-2012, 05:45 PM
haha thats awesome they are so full of **** my buddy designed the double bend and made all of the parts for them. the problem was his welder didnt care and f ed everything up leading to my buddy loosing his buisness and his house from everything. his welder then got the deal and made the parts for 3 years. now lonestar makes them. your right there not going to make anything cause they never did my buddy is considering making them again under his original shop name but not making the mistake and signing with east coast and k and k. when he shut down he gave me all the parts thats how i am offering mounts i have thousands of them along with 4 swingers 2 chassis 3 stems and misc parts. but k and k took over gibson anyway east coast lost there rights to it

chopp124
02-20-2012, 05:48 PM
and i can say this i have beaten on my gib frame for 12 years now no broken mounts no cracks my buddy built a good frame but they just were doomed from his welder not caring if **** lined up. i know dave too he and shawn threatened me over that whole thing cause walsh was asking me who made my frame and all kinds of questions what i didnt know was walsh was supost to be the maker of gibson and they screwed him too. i told him the deal and that was apperently supost to remain quiet. woops

jrspawn
02-20-2012, 05:54 PM
I was waiting for a long time now for someone else to say it! I talked to your buddy years back when he was doing some of the "flattie" arms about getting some stuff built.

People would be amazed at who really makes their own products now days!

Originally posted by chopp124
haha thats awesome they are so full of **** my buddy designed the double bend and made all of the parts for them. the problem was his welder didnt care and f ed everything up leading to my buddy loosing his buisness and his house from everything. his welder then got the deal and made the parts for 3 years. now lonestar makes them. your right there not going to make anything cause they never did my buddy is considering making them again under his original shop name but not making the mistake and signing with east coast and k and k. when he shut down he gave me all the parts thats how i am offering mounts i have thousands of them along with 4 swingers 2 chassis 3 stems and misc parts. but k and k took over gibson anyway east coast lost there rights to it

chopp124
02-20-2012, 05:57 PM
i will never buy anything from those 2 companies again u dont treat customers that spend 10 of thousands with them and recomend chassis builders to them to build there products i should have let them hit me when they were threatening me. that would have been a fun day at the track

jrspawn
02-20-2012, 05:58 PM
I've also had a couple sets of "gibson" arms that were built off a jig for walsh arms. This was when they were first starting that line and had a few sets made for their own walsh pro hybrid quads.

and i can say this i have beaten on my gib frame for 12 years now no broken mounts no cracks my buddy built a good frame but they just were doomed from his welder not caring if **** lined up. i know dave too he and shawn threatened me over that whole thing cause walsh was asking me who made my frame and all kinds of questions what i didnt know was walsh was supost to be the maker of gibson and they screwed him too. i told him the deal and that was apperently supost to remain quiet. woops

chopp124
02-20-2012, 06:01 PM
those dont sound familiar but my buddy didnt last long they got the design then ran pretty quick he tried to patten it but couldnt then there was an out of court settlement wich my buddy lost his house all over this crap. f them both. u may have talked to someone else was it chuck?

chopp124
02-20-2012, 06:05 PM
the original jig was walsh uppers and roll lowers. the double bend wasnt the first line. it actually looked alot like the roll i have an original 1 and the original first double bend i will post a pic of it

jrspawn
02-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Can't remember his name right now. But it was after pat brown and Dustin winner ran a set of "gibson flatties" at lorettas I think. Somehow I got in touch of the builder of them. He told me about all the legal BS that happened with the other arms. But with the flatties either there was no patent or he had the patent( can't remember). This was when the economy wasn't so bad and I was building alot of quads. I talked to him about building arms, swingers, stems, and more for me.

chopp124
02-20-2012, 06:08 PM
i am meeting with him this weekend i make my own stuff to now but if he is going to start up again im sure the parts will be at what he sold to them for and i will be thrilled to get those dam pins for $15 each again

chopp124
02-20-2012, 06:10 PM
he did them for the first year or so where did the guy u talked to live? that will tell me if it was after rich the welder or a hole i call him lol

protrax
02-20-2012, 06:13 PM
HaHaHa I Love it when bull****ters get exsposed I wanted to say somthing but its not my place . Good job ! :D

jrspawn
02-20-2012, 06:13 PM
That's interesting. I didn't know about the roll lower jig. I know the sets I had used walsh uppers and the lowers did not look like the double bends they sell.

I know Jrd used roll arms to jig and make theirs.

chopp124
02-20-2012, 06:16 PM
i have no idea what they did after my buddy but that was the original jig. sorry dallas for pirating your colum and thanks protrax he has seen my shop and knows im not full of s h i t

jrspawn
02-20-2012, 06:16 PM
he did them for the first year or so where did the guy u talked to live? that will tell me if it was after rich the welder or a hole i call him lol

It was either Massachusetts or Connecticut.

protrax
02-20-2012, 06:21 PM
What a Smoke Screen

madskrillz2
02-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Can't remember his name right now. But it was after pat brown and Dustin winner ran a set of "gibson flatties" at lorettas I think. Somehow I got in touch of the builder of them. He told me about all the legal BS that happened with the other arms. But with the flatties either there was no patent or he had the patent( can't remember). This was when the economy wasn't so bad and I was building alot of quads. I talked to him about building arms, swingers, stems, and more for me.

So THAT'S why we never saw those in production. I remember seeing Pat Brown running those at Loretta's and thinking those things would sell like hot cakes when they were available. Always wondered what happened.

chopp124
02-20-2012, 06:33 PM
was in mass but u very well may have talked to chuck anyway i am meeting him and giving him some arms to mess with this weekend if he starts up with it i will post what he wants for them. and im sure he can replicate something if u have it

89trx250r
02-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Sorry chopp It was dumb of me to post something that im not entirely sure about...I didnt think someone like dave would make stuff up like that but he stood there straight faced and told me and a buddy how he made it all...He was even wearing a gibson tee-shirt...Im sorry again This is my last post.

chopp124
02-20-2012, 07:30 PM
wo wo dude if a major atv retailer told me he made parts i would believe it too! and the name came from dave gibson! i just happen to know what realy happened and how u can realy get f u c k ed buy these guys. i just created a ltr kick kit with help from atv innov. walsh wanted to buy it but i was told he will do what everybody else does and rip me off. buy copying it. of coarse yoshi did it first but i found all oem parts for mine. my buddies at bcs are going to help me retail it now. post away dude i never would have brought this up if u didnt say anything.

liverideatv
02-21-2012, 05:49 AM
i have no idea what they did after my buddy but that was the original jig. sorry dallas for pirating your colum and thanks protrax he has seen my shop and knows im not full of s h i t

No i am glad you told me the other day when you were over I am done spending money with both of those places as well! That isnt right!

chronicsmoke
02-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Good info, Chopp.

Thanks for sharing the wealth:)

blaster12s
02-24-2012, 09:52 AM
let me get this strait. no more buying from east coast atv and kandk?

chopp124
02-24-2012, 10:04 AM
k and k is a rc car dealer and hobby shop they barly do atvs anymore. u can buy from anybody u want I just wanted to clear up that east coast didnt make any of the parts for gibson and if dave says he did hes full of s h I t
they bought theem then marked them up 100% for everyone to buy

blaster12s
02-24-2012, 10:29 AM
now i got it lol.

matt250r21
02-29-2012, 12:12 PM
There are a few things that I keep for myself but have for sale. I sell tons of stuff bro. If you need anything please call me and I will give you a great price. Internet prices are HIGH due to EBAY fees. phone calls prices are much different and people that take the time to call know that. and I thought I new what I had till I pulled the gas tank off and here is what I found?? Very different than anything I have ever seen, including other Laeger CR500's.

Give Dallas a call if your looking for parts. I did and saved a bunch of money on a super nice Laegers stem. Thank you Dallas.

liverideatv
02-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by matt250r21
Give Dallas a call if your looking for parts. I did and saved a bunch of money on a super nice Laegers stem. Thank you Dallas.

Glad you are happy with the product man. Thanks, Dallas

FHKracingZ
03-01-2012, 08:05 AM
I would watch who you bash on these forums, especially walsh. That family has opened its doors to me and tons of other riders and helped out the sport alot. They are great people. If anybodies product is copied the most its Walsh.

liverideatv
03-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Ummm isnt all Walsh's stuff based off Laeger and Roll Design?? I believe those two companies are the originators. I may be wrong -Dallas

gtilley45
03-01-2012, 09:59 AM
I don't think so. Walsh started building parts because they couldn't buy what they wanted. And from the Walsh parts I've seen, there's differences in them from anything else. Sure there are some similarities but there's also differences. Mike Walsh used to run Pro at the nationals and it seems like Nate Walsh ran A or pro am for a while...so they know when something doesn't work. From the bikes I've built and worked on, their stuff fits and works better than anything else I've had experience with....which is why I have a Walsh hybrid now. I've ridden just about all brands on just about all different bikes, and worked on a lot of them and Walsh stuff gets my vote. The only one close is Laeger in my opinion, and that's just because of the Protrax. I race with a guy that has a Laeger CRF and 2 Walsh CRFs and he says he prefers the Walsh any day of the week. I will admit that I don't have any experience with any Roll Design stuff. Never got to ride any of their stuff or work on it.

jrspawn
03-01-2012, 11:25 AM
"Mark laeger taught mike Walsh everything he knows. "

Wow....

So helping mike out with a swinger, some parts, and rear end geometry is teaching him everything he knows?

Not taking anything from mark, but the walsh family has built nothing but the best tried and proven products. They have, are, and will take the Atv industry to new levels!

liverideatv
03-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Glad we are all on the same page except one person.

gtilley45
03-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
"Mark laeger taught mike Walsh everything he knows. "

Wow....

So helping mike out with a swinger, some parts, and rear end geometry is teaching him everything he knows?

Not taking anything from mark, but the walsh family has built nothing but the best tried and proven products. They have, are, and will take the Atv industry to new levels!

I agree Justin.

Also I'm not saying there aren't similarities or that Mark Laeger never shared any info with Walsh. But I wouldn't say that Walsh stuff is a copy of this or that.

Also.....didn't someone in the off road/trophy truck world try to sue Mark Laeger saying that the Protrax was a copy of their truck suspension? Not positive about that, but have heard something about it.

gtilley45
03-01-2012, 12:07 PM
I know which interview you're talking about....it was in Walsh's website at one time. Didn't Walsh say Laeger helped him with the design of his swingarm and linkage? I know that is about the only things that are similar between the two. I've got a close friend with a Laeger, and other than having the CR500 linkage (which STILL have differences between the two) it's not very similar to my Walsh.

FHKracingZ
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Mike may have help with things in the past from other chassis designers but mike will be first to admit it. I have spent many days at the walsh shop and can honestly say they are a trial by error company. They think outside the box and work hard to perfect their products. Mike dads Mike Sr also is a genious and was directly involved with a successful drag racing shop back in the day.

They also have one of the best machinist I have ever been around, Mike Bard.

Mike, Nate, Bard, Zach, Walt, Mama Lynn, Jeff, and Mike Sr all dedicate themselves for the products they sell and the customers they sell their products to. They truly are a race first shop and do care about their customers.

People need to think about what they say about companies because without the die hard aftermarket companies this sport would be nothing.

I give props and thanks to any company in this sport that has helped any riders or customers in any way. I choose to ride Walsh because they have been a second family to me and has allowed me to stay at their place numerous times over the past few winters.

- Zach Harris

chopp124
03-01-2012, 06:44 PM
not a huge walsh fan but used to race him in neatv and talked to his old man all the time. the father and my friend mark markow are drag chassis builders. big big money cars too. from what i knew his father taught him how to make stuff and knowing what my friends have taught me the sperical bearings and heim joints are from drag cars cause i go to the drag shop to buy my stuff now. the second u put atv on those bearings and joints the price seems to double lol.

chopp124
03-01-2012, 06:48 PM
People need to think about what they say about companies because without the die hard aftermarket companies this sport would be nothing.

this is absolutely true the actual makers of the parts are usualy awesome and will bend over backwards for u its the scumbag retailers, (the middle man) who likes to stick it in dry.

gtilley45
03-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by gtilley45
I know which interview you're talking about....it was in Walsh's website at one time. Didn't Walsh say Laeger helped him with the design of his swingarm and linkage? I know that is about the only things that are similar between the two. I've got a close friend with a Laeger, and other than having the CR500 linkage (which STILL have differences between the two) it's not very similar to my Walsh.

I was just on Walsh's website and saw this, and it reminded me of this post on here. So I thought I'd post this here for everyone reading this.

http://www.walshrc.com/history.html

laeger400
03-20-2012, 10:24 PM
I know that I'm not well known and just tinker in the garage, but I have talked with walsh alot and even gotten geo specs from them. They are really straight forward and hepfull to the small guy. I have nothing but respect for those guys. I would say mike Walsh is the mark laeger of present day.

Jerry

SRH
03-28-2012, 11:59 AM
walsh are good guys, they helped me out for a season, and the parts they sell are the best quality

ive ran laeger, rpm, houser components prior to walsh and i can say hands down the walsh stuff is better

i went from a laeger front end to a walsh on my yfz...it transformed the whole ride

Baxter
03-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by gtilley45
I was just on Walsh's website and saw this, and it reminded me of this post on here. So I thought I'd post this here for everyone reading this.

http://www.walshrc.com/history.html

I read this article and wish I had the rest of the story/article.
Anybody know which magazine it was printed in ?

I am a British racer with a 700xx and want to build 2 frames for the 700xx. I am starting from scratch , don't know how to build a jig for the frame , don't know what size tubing to use and where to place it. I am a good mig welder but need to get to grips on tig welding.
Anybody help me out and would Mike help me with the build?
Sorry to off subject but the hybrid section on this forum seems to be the best.

chronicsmoke
03-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Baxter
I read this article and wish I had the rest of the story/article.
Anybody know which magazine it was printed in ?

x2