PDA

View Full Version : PA tracks and trails?

yfzcrazi
02-14-2012, 09:27 PM
looking for new riding ground. anyone know of any good places to ride track or trail in PA?

Kawie450r
02-15-2012, 07:05 AM
Majestic lost trails is some awesome trail riding. Maple shade looks like a fun track...havent ridden it yet though. Breezewood proving grounds is quite nice i hear.

cheater13
02-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah, Breezewood Proving Grounds is extremely nice and i look forward to going there this year. I just heard their trails had to be closed down due to some federal issue or whatever.

TRXNICK
03-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Try MX573. I ride there alot. Nice place, usually it is not to busy. Also hurricane hills has open track days.

03-07-2012, 04:01 PM
yea i live about 8 miles from mx573 been riding there for about 20 years. well groomed irrigated for watering nice setup with a wide degree of difficulty.sucks they tamed down the driveway double that thing was an animal.picture two 20 foot tall pyramids about 80 feet apart set up as a step down.only about 20 bikes ever hit it and only 1 or 2 quads.not for the faint of heart. im good friends with the current owner ,ed and the guy who's buying it,kevin.you will not be disappointed. www.mx573practicetrack.com

nobody that really comes to ride there knows but its right in the middle of about 20 square miles of TONS of trails.just have to know where to go and how to get there. get in touch,responsible well prepared riders are more than welcome to tag along for our weekly trail rips usually on saturday with the exception of hunting season we only ride sundays in respect of landowners.must have all gear and tools you may need in addition to a proper functioning "healthy" bike with silencers.wider bikes ,48" and under,will have no problem on our trails. there are multiple gas stations en route where riding up to the pump is never a problem.we do stop at various pubs for food and drink so over 21 please and bring ur id's.in the event of a breakdown we have contacts everywhere despite the bigger radius we cover so fear not no one gets left behind,well atleast not for too long. if ur considering it try to keep the trail groups to 5 or less cuz we usually have at least 5 ourselves.the most we've had were 20 and it gets a little hectic at gas stations road crossings etc so we try to tone it down a little.

5 seven 0 three 9 6 twelve forty is my number.txt or call if ur heading to the track and i can link u up with the owner or if u are interested in trails let me know at least 2-3 weeks in advance and we can try to put something together.due to crashing into a railroad rail,destroying the frame on my 400 and breaking my foot/tearing my mcl on sunday any trail rides will have to be after may 1.i can also get u reasonable (probably around 2-250 for the weekend fri night to sunday whenever)lodging in a lakefront cottage across the lake from me.sleeps around 5 (1 double bed,2 singles,2 couches)with hot water,showers and all that.boating/fishing available but bring ur license.due to natural gas drilling in the area it is nearly impossible to get a room anywhere.gas companies have everything booked up so plan ahead whatever u decide.let me know if you have any questiions or to set something up.

desmo888
03-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Trevorton, PA
No rules, no cost, trails and killer coal hill. Be prepared to get dirty, covered in black coal dust but what a blast. a couple thousand acres.

OldGuyonaQuad
03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by desmo888
Trevorton, PA
No rules, no cost, trails and killer coal hill. Be prepared to get dirty, covered in black coal dust but what a blast. a couple thousand acres.

Yea I love it up there but the land scape is changing rapidly and there is a new company taking over for RAC that has plans to make it a fully funtional ATV park with two campgrounds and marked trails. Pappy reviewed it last year, I will try to find you a link. As far as free and the coal hills. Yea if you know where to and where not to park and from what I hear they are writing tresspassing tickets to anyone they catch on the hills with or without a RAC permit.

Persoanlly I like free, but the trade off would be a nice campground, marked trails and most importantly waste management. I feel like the indian in the liter commercial when ever I take off my helmet and take a good look around the "free" parking areas.

03-15-2012, 07:21 PM
yea oldguy we'll have to keep you on the list when we're planning our next minersville trip.you'll feel right at home like you were at trevorton with the parking areas and such.they must not have any garbage crews down that way or something.that or no one gives a ****.i'd really hate to hear from locals its the riders doing it but i just don't think it is.haven't really been impressed with what i heard of trevorton tho,sounds like a few trails and then coal hill but thats about it.??is this so??we ran into some guys last summer where we ride down there and thats what they were saying essentially.our coal hill is miles long with no runs at them.back yourself into the weeds and you get about 20 yds to run at it.a lot of them all you can see is the bottom,really have no idea what the hill entails till ur off and runnin.some ur just not making without a shee or 450 up and sometimes thats not even enough,gotta bust out the paddles.after that we run for about 20 miles on various trails and tracks to another hill spot a few towns down.few stops along the way to make our own hillclimbs with one spot being about 20 or so plateaus up up up,pretty technical and rough,bring your skid plates.we were exploring last year and took one trail right to a quad/bike shop in the middle of nowhere,we were like wtf who put this here.pretty sweet for breakdowns and trouble tho.cops passed us sitting roadside in that area and didnt even look at us.thats how we knew we were at home.good stuff,i'll def be in touch as i heal up over the next month.

CJM
03-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Treverton was ok, I went with Old guy about a year ago. I thought tho that where I ride the sands bad, but geez the coal dust is insane and nasty stuff lol.

I tried to get others to go and they flat out refused last time b/c of the dust.

03-15-2012, 09:41 PM
lol,yea its def my least fav part.we lost one rider to that so not too bad.i now run this or an equivalent.rather be a little hot than catch the black lung.3ltr camelback is clutch as well.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/-/439/822/-/29841/ATV-TEK-Pro-Series-Rider-Dust-Mask/MASKS+FOR+DUST

a good pre-treatment for the quad is nice too,that coal dust can dry like concrete dust in those muck hole spots.i use maxima SC1 works pretty good.

going after it rains helps tremenduously on the dust but that underlying moisture can be all the difference on some of the nastier hills.even days after its crazy.

OldGuyonaQuad
03-16-2012, 07:21 AM
Hopefully Punk Rock Kiel can give us some feed back, he is the one that showed me around and is my "go to" guy for Trevorton info.

Marc we actually rode in Hazleton, which is about 40-45 minutes south south east of Trevorton, but the landscape is very similar. I do like the land marks at Trevorton, and there are plenty of trails to blast in 4th and 5th gear but yea there are a lot of rocks. The coal hills @ Trevorton are much bigger then anything we saw or climbed in Hazleton. The hills are even more intimidating in person then they appear on youtube as the cameras can't do the steepness of the hills justice (imho).

Kiel suggets going there in the spring & fall right after it rains (as did thumper)or even riding in a light mist as this keeps the dust down. Otherwise grab a ventiallted dust mask from Cabella's and toss it in with your gear ( I have the exact one Thumper linked).

Thumper you rest that foot so you can lead us on a couple of group rides up there in the coming months.

03-16-2012, 08:55 AM
for sure man,i've gotten exponentially better in a week and a half and usually heal pretty quick anyway.this has been a tortuous couple weeks tho.i've never seen consistent 75s in march up here.i feel like a martial arts master attempting to watch a flower grow.......patience patience.oh well.yea those masks work well but in a pinch even a wet doo rag works good.that place is rough,we noticed that we never noticed any wildlife down there so the last trip we took a count of everything we saw.2 deer,1 dead,3 birds 1 dead and a dead frog.really sets the tone when ur there.everything just struggling to survive.

CJM
03-16-2012, 08:01 PM
my mistake Tom.

The dust was what killed me, I go again Im buying one of those masks.

03-26-2012, 08:43 PM
to oldguy and whoever....

my buddy has may 19-28 off work ,and being self employed i can usually take whatever off,so we're planning a minersville trip or 2 during that time.i know its a long ways off but that can't hurt when planning a trip.let me know if some of you guys are in.

went riding 3 times last week to test out the foot and knee,felt ok considering.april 1 will be 4 weeks in so another two weeks after that(last 2 weekends in april) i should be good for whatever.like i said b4 we ride every weekend up here if even remotely possible so watch the weather and let me know if you wanna venture up this way.probly like a 3 hr tour if you're in south jersey so i can offer up some cheap decent lodging on the lake for whatever schedule you want(1 night 2 nights whatever).take care and i'll be talkin to you soon.

Zeo88
04-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Hello. Just getting back into riding. Use to ride when I was a younger. Last quad I had was a 88 250r off the showroom floor. Sold it in 90 and have since missed riding. Figured I miss riding so much it's now or never to get back into it. My wife and I went out and bought a two new quads and soon to be a third for my daughter. Really glad to see that they wanted to get into it also. Picked up a nice 8'x10' trailer last week so just have a few things to do to it and get it registered. We're planning to come out to PA next weekend, be cool to get to meet some new poeple. Here in NY it's getting very hard to find places to ride. Hope to find some good spots in PA.