PDA

View Full Version : monster energy supercross best seats?

buck440
02-14-2012, 07:31 AM
in a couple days i'm going to get tickets for me and a friend and i'm having trouble figuring out where the best seats are. from what i read club level (blue) is the best but the lower concourse (red) seems like it would be better.

where would the best spot to sit be?

buck440
02-14-2012, 07:35 AM
i'm also confused on prices too. on here http://www.ticketnetwork.com/tix/ama-supercross-03-03-2012-tickets-1625738.aspx it cost $73 to sit in the yellow section and $37 here http://www.supercrossonline.com/Events/2012/03/03/St._Louis,_MO/ to sit in the same yellow section. can someone tell me why?

Ntensweapon
02-14-2012, 09:35 AM
I sat in either 110 or 137 last year. I believe the red ring. Whichever is straight across from the starting gate. I was very happy with the seats. We could see the gate drop. Good vantage point to the finish line/podium. We had a couple nice sections in front of us. There was a down and back on the far side we couldn't see too well.

IMO if you're high enough to see the entire track, you're not in the action.

I remember the prices being screwy last year too. I let my wife handle it so I don't have any answer for that. Sorry.

buck440
02-14-2012, 10:23 AM
yah the red section is what i'm considering. the picture on this http://www.supercrossonline.com/Events/2012/03/03/St._Louis,_MO/ site should be the track layout.

btw the seats are yellow on this one.

do they have "luxery" seats? like more room, less crowded?

Ntensweapon
02-14-2012, 10:34 AM
not sure about luxury seating. I thought the seats were pretty roomy.

I wouldn't want to sit in 110 this year. I personally would try and sit on the other side.

SRH
02-14-2012, 11:05 AM
i remember a couple years ago looking at tickets in august for the following year supercross , most were already sold out

fandl450r
02-14-2012, 12:22 PM
I'll be down there with a couple riding buddies. Should be a good time partying after!

buck440
02-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
I'll be down there with a couple riding buddies. Should be a good time partying after!

the race is only a small part of the trip lol. were leaving friday and staying in a hotel by the dome drink all night into the morning then walk to dome and drink and watch the race and then drink after the race until morning. sunday will be recovery day and leave monday:) it'll be a damn good time.

madskrillz2
02-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by buck440
the race is only a small part of the trip lol. were leaving friday and staying in a hotel by the dome drink all night into the morning then walk to dome and drink and watch the race and then drink after the race until morning. sunday will be recovery day and leave monday:) it'll be a damn good time.

Lol exactly. I'll be doing the same in Atlanta. Getting there a day early this year so it's gonna be a crazy weekend. As for seats, we usually sit behind the starting gate which has been in the end zone the last couple years. You can see everything fairly well except for the other end zone. Doesn't bother me though because I enjoy being that close. Something about being on the ground makes you feel like you're right in the middle of everything.

Aarons 01 400EX
02-14-2012, 04:47 PM
I just took my son to see Monster Jam. We sat in 406, row VV. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS WITH A 3YR OLD!!! lol

I have sat in 140 Red for MJ and SX and they were good seats.

Lquad71
02-14-2012, 10:09 PM
At san diego sx we were in the low section(red) then we couldnt see the track so right before the lcq we went up and found a press box. Lots of room, and nobody happened to be in there. Score!!

buck440
02-15-2012, 07:51 AM
got 2 seats in 420 or 320? lower left. picked the ones in the very back row by the isle so easy access and no people to spill crap on us and kick the seats. total was $86 for 2 seats.

pretty much the red, yellow and blue were sold out so it was slim pickens.

Lquad71
02-15-2012, 08:12 AM
just my .02 but when I was two rows from the dirt at A1 I could see like two sections, Its good if u want to be like right in the action but im warning you that if you are that close you really cant see much.

BoneStockHonda
02-15-2012, 02:27 PM
On the gate

/thread

300ex_#387
02-15-2012, 05:15 PM
I got club seats for St. Louis this year. I think its 340. Usually the middle and either the 2nd or 3rd section are the best. Ive never liked watching the race while in the bottom section unless your near the top. Its fun to watch from those spots in practice but during race time I like to see it all.

I got about the same area seating for Indy as well.

buck440
02-19-2012, 02:13 PM
thread back up lol. if anybody is going and staying free drinks all night from me and my friend at The Penthouse Club. we really don't want to be the only white boys in east st. louis so this is our offer:)

300ex_#387
02-19-2012, 05:15 PM
thread back up lol. if anybody is going and staying free drinks all night from me and my friend at The Penthouse Club. we really don't want to be the only white boys in east st. louis so this is our offer:)

If I didn't have to be in Indy the next day I would be all over that offer. I had planned on staying the night but I need to be in Indy the next morning so I am driving back home that night. Ill take a free $8 beer at the race though. :D

Oh and BTW. Last year I did stay the night. We went on a beer run late that night and went down the wrong street. All we heard was gunshots then wife beaters running left and right. It felt like an episode of cops. I was all sweaty and everything.

Aarons 01 400EX
02-19-2012, 08:15 PM

I work in ESL, so you aren't the only ones. :)
Besides, TPC is more of a gentlemen's club, not a strip joint. Unlce Larry's Hustler club and clubs in Brooklyn can get dark.

buck440
02-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Aarons 01 400EX
I work in ESL, so you aren't the only ones. :)
Besides, TPC is more of a gentlemen's club, not a strip joint. Unlce Larry's Hustler club and clubs in Brooklyn can get dark.

is a gentlemen's club just more higher end than other ones? so it's not just a endless wave after wave of dancers like other clubs?

Aarons 01 400EX
02-20-2012, 06:49 PM
The gentlemen's club is supposed to be classier. Security tends to be better in and around the facilities. Parking lots are well-light too.

This is C-Moe's strip club in IL on R-t111 in Washington Park:
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Two-women-charged-with-stealing-a-credit-card-from-strip-club-139735733.html

This is up the street from Larry Flynts Hustler club.