PDA

View Full Version : u guys seen these radiators?

Blue-By-You
02-13-2012, 08:37 AM
does anybody have any experience with these radiators or have any info on them??? they seem to cheap to be true!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-High-Per-oversize-Honda-TRX250-TRX250R-Aluminum-radiator-/250986273281?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6ff29a01

Deadly
02-13-2012, 11:18 AM
No personal experience on this particular brand. The decent aftermarket ones (PWR, CBR and AFCO) are all cross flow radiators. Cross flows help immensly over stock not to mention the sheer volume of the tank helps as well. That particular radiator could be a generic picture but if it's not it sure looks like a standard replacement not an upgrade.

What throws a red flag for me personally is the description doesn't specifially state CROSS FLOW but claims of 30%-50% temperature drop?? 50% is a fairly stout number to be claiming.

On a side note, I think a small handful of people sometimes ignore the fact that when they start to build their motors up to/past 330CC that their old pipe is simply too restrictive and is actually the cause. If that's the case an oversized radiator (filled with your favorite coolant) probably isn't going to work well. :)

Blue-By-You
02-13-2012, 08:35 PM
yeah 50% is def an exageration but as long as it holds more coolant then stock it will make a diff. Im dont really have a problem with over heating unless the weather hits the mid 80s and up and im riding her hard, it will creep to 200 -210 and i shut her down. I have done every other little thing that could drop a few degrees and just figured sombody on here has tried one of these out!

265 sleeper
02-13-2012, 09:23 PM
It's seems lajet all you pay for with the name brands is the name. Shoot I payed 85 bucks shipped for the one on my Honda car and it came with a slim fan . It's slighty bigger than the one on our R's so I don't see how they get their price of 400 bucks.

profab250R
02-14-2012, 02:54 PM
They are not claiminga 30-50% reduction in temps they are claiming UP TO 30% reduction in heat as well as a 50% increase of coolant capacity. As long as fit up is good and welds are good I dont see why the radiator wouldnt benifit our bikes...