PDA

View Full Version : 03 400ex throttle issue

Muddytrux
02-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Hello im new to these forums and im sure there is another thread about this somewhere but who really wants to weed through them? lol Anyhow it has a BigGun quiet series exhaust with header, k and n, im thinking it has a cam as well but not to sure i found an H on one side and a 2 on the other. this is my first 4 stroke ive always had 2 strokes so this is all new to me, but it has a 165 main jet and unsure on the slow jet and the clip on the needle is 3rd from the top. it starts and idles fine its when i go and give it more then 1/8th throttle it falls on its face and gives me no power. the carb has been throughly cleaned and the pilot screw is at factory recommended 2 1/4 turns out. Any help would be great as i really dont wanna take it in and spend money if its easy to fix

Thanks

CJM
02-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Its to rich, Id pull and check the plug. Black=fouled and rich, White=lean too little gas. Cutting the threads off is a better way to do it getting a more accurate reading but the above should get you close.

If I had to guess you should be closer to a 152, 155 maybe.

www.jetsrus.com sells oem jets if you cant get them easy thru your local dealer.

Muddytrux
02-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Sweet thanks ill try that tomorrow when the motorcycle shops are open