PDA

View Full Version : Blisters

Nahum
02-12-2012, 07:35 AM
I need your help.

We are a bunch of ATV riders from Overseas. Some years ago our ATV dealers offered a new product which they called "Blister Ex". It was made out of neoprene and really helped to prevent the appearance of blisters.

Today our Blister Ex palm savers are worn out. We bought some new ones but it seems as if those are of minor quality. In other words ... they are fully crap. Blisters appear despite wearing the new palm savers and the palm savers only last half as long as the old ones did!

Can you suggest me some dealers in your country that offer good quality palm salvers which really work.

Thank you!

http://www.andreas-haberl.de/misc/blisterex.jpg

quad2xtreme
02-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Can't help you on that one but maybe an alternative. I wear Kevlar glove liners with the finger portion cut off around the 1st knuckle or just buy the half finger model.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UnderWARE-Glove-Liners-Prevent-Blisters-Kevlar-/150753884538?hash=item2319a1b97a&item=150753884538&pt=Apparel_Merchandise&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1413

jkosakowski
02-12-2012, 01:26 PM
I got snowmobile racing gloves they are basicaly like mx gloves with a litle more padding.

slightlybent47
02-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Several things come to mind for this. Don’t use leather gloves, they trap moisture and make blisters appear out of nowhere. Believe it or not but a thin cloth glove works much better. Seat time will help build calluses but if you wear thick leather gloves it will make blisters under the calluses. Do other things that help build up the calluses so you don’t get blisters. If you do get blisters use preparation H on your hands before you go to bed, believe it or not it works. I learned that in gym years ago.
Or you can just spend more time with your play boy mag.lol

CJM
02-12-2012, 10:04 PM
I never get blisters from riding, always wore mechanics brand gloves.

Course I do have mechanics hands anyways, tough already calloused lol.

trailrider894
02-12-2012, 10:51 PM
A real man doesn't need that crap.... he just puts on a good pair of riding gloves and rides till his hands bleed....

Rcarroll
02-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Put baby powder in your gloves that helps