PDA

View Full Version : Carburetor sizing

jessieherrera
02-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Carb sizing:
I made a mistake in my previous posting of carburetor sizing. I contacted Mikuni and got more technical information about their carb and other motorcycle carbs regarding volumetric efficiency, head design, valve design and position, intake length and design as well as exhaust length and design. Once I assess and organize the information I will post it. Please forgive any errors in that posting. I'm not on the bomb squad so I'm allowed to make some mistakes. The rest of the information though is accurate.
I also want to thank the gentleman that pointed it out to me. If you find any errors in any information that I post please reply and inform me ASAP. I welcome any criticism. Hopefully, this error in information has not caused anyone any harm or damage. Thank you.

LT80
02-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Sir, You keep referencing automobiles. It seems that there must be a big difference in theories.
I personally don't over carb but if you ask the mini racers, they will say that using a 30mm carb (or so) on a 70-90cc motor, the dyno results show increases.

Try the mini section. It'll be enlightening. :)

jessieherrera
02-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Hello,
The theory, operation, and principles are exactly the same. The only difference is in the design, elsewise, everything else is identical. I will read the section you recommend though. I do appreciate your input. Thank you.