PDA

View Full Version : 1st harescramble in 18 yrs question

d90rick
02-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Hi guys. A quick question. Been almost 20yrs since i last raced :o I am going to race some AMA harescrambles this spring, what class would you all reccomend, or what class must i start out in. I am an average to above average rider w/a slighly above average quad. Thanks alot for the help. I just dont want to be one of those guys who goes out & smokes everyone in a lower class, but i also dont want to get in the way of riders who know what they are doing, know what i mean?

Scro
02-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Just remember it's alot easier to move up than it is to move down. Me personally, I would start out in C class to see where you end up in the overall. Compare your time to other classes, and that will give a good idea where you belong. Racing is completely different than trail riding. It's a type of tired that really can't be replicated any where else.

d90rick
02-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks, good point, i remember how exhausted i was post race back when i was 19! C class it is!

hybridracer686
02-11-2012, 02:58 PM
count your laps running extra laps will affect your average time and set you back. keep a pace you are comfortable with and have fun. I will be racing b class in district 14 this season and some motocross as well. good luck!

whyzee
02-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Definitely C class. You will be amazed at how fast racers are and how little your modded quad will matter .

Congratulations on getting back into racing! !

d90rick
02-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Fortunately i have been riding/racing mountain bikes the last 13 years so i am in decent shape overall... Yep, i figured most is rider, especially later in the race. U can hit terminal velocity in thw woods on any size quad. Thanks, i am looking forward to racing again!