PDA

View Full Version : 2005 polaris predator 90 big issues

rainmaker491
02-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Ok I am new to the forum I bought a 05 Polaris predator from ebay the ad said needs a stator well I bought a newtruck stator and I have no spark went and bought a used procom cdi box still no spark replace the volt reg and coil still nothing I checked the safety switch and the kill switch and brake lever switch all a ok I also took harness out and took lume off and checked for anything there .. I am at a loss any help would be greatly appreciated

tyler70t
02-11-2012, 04:45 AM
Make sure all grounds are good? New plug? Try bypassing the kill switch?

Hetrick Racing
02-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Have to ask what is a new truck stator did it fit properly ?
Also I didnt know pro comp even made a cdi wow Im out of the loop; but I guess The stuff I have used for the Polaris for years hasnt givin me any problems so why change.
To answer your question

The coil and cap and the stator are the most common electrical issue on the polaris, way more coil problems than stators over the years very seldom have I seen a cdi fail,

You should defiantly check the grounds and the kill switches

Easy way is to wire the cdi direct and eliminate the harness.
The white/red and black/red will plug in direct the coil positive the cdi ground and the black /white,, you will have to make a jumper.

The black and white off the cdi should be grounded on the polaris model although the box you have could be reversed so try it open and grounded before you call it good or bad

The resistance can be tested on the coil and cap open or shorted is most common on the coil the cap should be high check for open is the big thing.

FYI the coil is tested the same as a Yamaha Blaster

rainmaker491
02-11-2012, 08:14 PM
my droid likes to put words in when i dont need them sorry about the truck stator lol.. i already switched coils i have one that i know works on bike the weird thing is with the wiring unless i am loosing my mind if i disconnect the oil level sensor the light doesnt come on but if i jump the wires at the harness the light comes on for low oil i thought it was a ground sensor ? plus the brown wires in the harness are hot leads? oh and the wites that go to the ceramic blocks are both grounded meaning if i unplug and test them both leads are gounded before going into the blocks? the harness is intacted and not cut,burned etc

Hetrick Racing
02-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Make the jumpers like I said and eliminate the harness see if it starts

rainmaker491
02-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Tried everything and still no spark does anyone know where I can get a diagram of the wiring I am thinking this isn't the correct harness all the connectors are there but something isn't right its not making any sense what is going on for example if I unplug the oil level sensor no light comes on but if I jump the connector on the harness the light comes on.. the other is on those resistors when I unplug the harness from them and check the harness both wires are grounded. How can the resistor work if it does complete a loop? Its crazy or I am loosing my mind