PDA

View Full Version : Yfz Jetting Help!! Bout To Carry To Junkyard!!!!!!!!!!!!

brad_0_trax
02-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Hey yall, i have an 06 that ran like a DREAM!!! before the cam mod. With a lexx slip on, UNI FOAM filter, NO LID and it pulled fairly well (cant remember my jets but i had the HONDA CRF450r needle on the 4th i think.).. I ordered an HMF Comp the other day and im trying to get it tuned in with my lexx WITH the cam mod just enough so if i have to rejet with the hmf i wont be far off... So i did the cam mod cuz i got bored one day, and it wont run for **** now, i even put a new plug it CR8E.. cranks up bout the 4th or 5th turn. idles fair. maybe idle just a LITTLE higher than normal.. nothing bad, but when i hit it it acts as if i didnt do the carb mod???????? When i do it slow it will rev like SEX! lol. but when i hit it it falls on its face and pops back out of the air box. i have wire AND zip tie on a/c pump.. like i said it ran GREAT before the mod. I did buy the correct ncvq neeedle also cause i want it to be 100% correct.. so nuff said about that... i have the following jets to play with : PJ- 42, 45, 48. MJ 170, 165, and i think i have 1 more? not sure.
Stock af screw and aftermarket af screw. Needle: ncvq, and honda crf450r cant remember the letters on it. So i guess im trying to say my middle cuts out? idk.. i work on bikes for a living even though im young. i can rebuild motors and transmissions but by god i cant jet this SOB!!!!!!!!! here are some of my combinations: 165, 45, 3rd, 2.5???
170, 45, 5th, 3???
165, 48, 3rd 2???
i know this is lean but 170, 42, 5th, 3??? but i was just doing trial and era.
blue flames came out wen i had 42p in cuz it was lean.. i know.. but like i said, i was only trying... Im at 700Ft in AL at avg 45 deg F right now. ANY HELP WILL BE GREAT!!!!!! Cause i have took my carb off honsestly 15 times in the past 2 hours.

mxpimp2000
02-16-2012, 12:19 AM
if it runs bad after cam mod then it sounds like your timing is off

250r4life
02-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
if it runs bad after cam mod then it sounds like your timing is off

X2... sounds like you did not do the cam mod correctly.

yfzfelix
04-01-2012, 09:56 PM
you work on bikes for a living but can't figure out what is wrong ?