PDA

View Full Version : suspension set up

mxblaster14
02-10-2012, 07:11 AM
i getting ready for this season and my blaster is allmost complet the only thing left is suspension set up. I'm unsure about the front geonetry (toe in and toe out and campber) i know what they mean but i dont know what numbers to set it to can any1 help me ??

blaster12s
02-10-2012, 08:20 AM
check out lonestars page. then go into there setup stuff for there a arms. that should give you a ball park idea on where to start.

JoePA
02-20-2012, 04:08 PM
What arms are you using?

If your upper arms have adjustable rod ends/hiem joint this is what I do...

On the forward joint I run that all the way in by hand and if it doesn't stop straight up and down I'll back it out until it does.

On the aft joint do the same exact thing as you did on the front joint. Then from that point i come out 2 full turns.

Do this for both upper arms.

For the upper ball joint I turn that all the way in and if it's not pointing down i'll turn it out until it's pointing down.

For the lower ball joint I do the same as you did with the upper. Once the joint is point up come out 1 full turn.

Make sure you do the same for both sides. and this is a good starting point to set up your front end. I shoot for 5* of positive caster and 3* of negative camber. When you go to adjust your caster and camber have your wheels on and at the proper pressure.

I set it up in this order.

Caster
Camber
Toe

Make sure your Toe alignment is close by eyeballing it cause this can mess with other thigs as well.

If you need any help let me know and I'll IM you my cell.....MUCH easier to talk you through it then type it!!!

As Blaster12 has mentioned do a search on front end setup and read it over and over. I believe Walsh has a good page on it as well as GT Thunder.

mxblaster14
03-18-2012, 02:13 PM
i dont have caster adjustment on my a-arms do i still run 3* camber it sounds like a lot (but then again i dont know much when it comes to camber set up)
and how many *s toe in or out should i have

JoePA
03-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Yes, Still run 3* negative camber.

You are looking for 1/4 toe in. Once you think you have everthing right.....check it again.