PDA

View Full Version : My cr250 motor has a hole under the water pump and it leaks antifreeze??

Sporttrax400ex
03-02-2003, 07:26 PM
It has a hole and it leaks antifreeze i dont kn0 if it is sposed to be there or if it is some kind of overflow or somethng?:confused:

EX_RIDER
03-02-2003, 07:37 PM
May need to rebuild ur water pump with soem new seals and it will stop.U probl will have to take off ur side case and get some one to rebuild it.Don't ever use the same seals once u take it out.The are like imposable to get to seal again,So just get some new seals and put it back together and it will stop.My LT250r did this and it was from bad seals and a bad shaft.

250rtone
03-03-2003, 01:19 AM
Yup, water pump seal is leaking and the hole is there to more or less tell you when it needs new seals, rebuild it and it will be fine.

YZROOSTINYA
03-03-2003, 10:47 AM
that whole is for seepage. it lets the coolant between the two seals escape. as long as it is not running out and just dripping a little then dont worry. if you are losing more than a tablespoon a day then your pump seals are bad

03-03-2003, 11:55 AM
keep a good eye on it ..sounds like seals are going bad.
alot of times it is best to replace the shaft if you need to rebuild the waterpump

CHAR250R
03-03-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by 250rtone
Yup, water pump seal is leaking and the hole is there to more or less tell you when it needs new seals, rebuild it and it will be fine. This man is speaking the truth.

smith
03-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Yes, time for a rebuild. Most likely the culprit is going to be the piece right behind the water pump. It will look and feel like a piece of ceramic. Most likly it has a crack in it and is causing the leak. Order the parts, slap them in and you'll be ready to go. Don't go riding until you do fix it (unless you want to do a top end and possibly a crank soon also! because the leaking may not be bad now, but can turn to real bad quick, most likely too quick for you to notice while riding it)