PDA

View Full Version : Maxium rpm motor Need help figureing this high rev out

dadofethan47
02-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Ok here is what I got. Ported cylinder from max rpm. 45mm stuffer crank. Maximum rpm/koso high rev pipe. koso intake with 26mm reeds. Stock apex head. 28mm pe Kein carb... 135 main. 40 pilot.

I am trying to figure out the jetting to start. Have no idea what jets to try first.

Also the clutching I have no idea where to start with this clutching either. Using yamasida varitor with koso lighted clutch 1500 spring. I don't want to blow it up either. And it's been a pain trying to figure out if the clutching is messed up or if its the jetting. If anyone is running the max rpm setup please help.

nastynotchback1
02-09-2012, 06:18 AM
WE need more info on the motor.What cyl/What cc is it? Call max rpm and justin will help you out.

Logan #34's Dad
02-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Sounds like your jetting should be close. It is cold up there in MN though.
If it's reving too high then either your torque spring is too heavy or your dont have enough weight in your variator. DON'T change both at the same time - You'll never narrow down the problem.
If your rear torque spring is newish then slowly add weight to your variator. Use a permanent marker to mark the face of your variator to see how far your belt is traveling. Make starts and runs as far as your longest straight-a-way. Ideally you want your belt to go as high up on the variator as physically possible with the engine not getting bogged down on the starts OR out of the corners. It's a fine line. If it boggs down, your weigh is too heavy(with a new torque spring). It's always a little better to begin the race a little light in the variator because as the torque spring heats up is smashes easier.
Also, check to make sure the rear big pulley is opening and closing freely - sometimes they get crusty from lack of lubrication.