PDA

View Full Version : new clutch still slipping?????

hondamikey7o2
02-07-2012, 05:14 PM
I just put in a new barett dirt digger clutch and clutch basket and the clutch is still slipping at full throttle.

BlasterEaten250
02-07-2012, 05:16 PM
You sure the cable is adjusted correctly and/ or isn't worn out?

hondamikey7o2
02-08-2012, 10:31 AM
I would think so but how would i tell if its adjusted the right way??

400exrip
02-08-2012, 10:39 AM
When you adjust it you should have about a 1/2 inch to an inch of play in the clutch lever before you feel it grab and engage the clutch. Just make sure when you are adjusting it that you have that extra play in the clutch lever, You dont want it to be too tight or too loose of a setup, just play around with it until you feel that it is right for you.

Did Barnett send you different clutch springs with this kit?

Also what kind of oil are you using sometimes if it is too thick of an oil it will not engage the clutch like it should, Because it has to squish all of that oil out before the clutch plates come together and bond, And if it too thick of a oil it will take longer for them to bond together, Then making the clutch slip.

brokenmike
02-11-2012, 05:37 AM
Years ago my clutch was slipping and I installed a new one and it slipped. I installed another new one and it still slipped. Then I replaced the inner clutch hub and the pressure plate along with another new clutch and I have been on the same clutch for at least 7 years and not a problem even with the 440 and a stage2 cam.

Pipeless416
02-11-2012, 01:00 PM
i'm assuming the kit came with new springs?

hondamikey7o2
02-19-2012, 08:53 PM
I want to thank everyone who posted a reply!!! I adjusted the clutch cable and wow what a difference!!! I cant hardly keep the frount tires on the dirt! I have no idea why I didnt think of that before but it worked! Next is some new frount shocks because now I can ride the way I want to and soon Ill be at a track racing other new racers lol cant wait!! Again thanks for all the help!!!