PDA

View Full Version : Graphic MX Review

Rohr397
02-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Well I got my graphics kit from Graphic MX today and thought I'd do a little review.

First of all their customer service was terrible. They did not communicate whatsoever, and often promised they'd have the graphics done in a few days, then a couple weeks later after a few emails they'd come back and say they'll get it taken care of. Two months later...

Finally I got the graphics. I was stoked, custom retro 250r graphics for $100? Sounded good to me, and I thought it'd be worth the wait. Instead I received my graphics on some sort of gigantic scroll. I opened up the gigantic roll and immediately noticed that the coloring of the logos on the graphics were off. The yellow was more highlighter green/yellow. I decided not to stress it and keep going. I began to see splotches where there appeared to be a mass overdosage of ink. At this point my patience was running thin.

So here I am at home, the graphics laid out on the work bench, and away I go. The first piece I picked out did not fit at all. It was not cut right and was too large for the intended area. No big deal, the background and plastics were red so I chopped them up to fit and stuck them on. Then comes the side panel cover. The cut here was way off, and I couldn't get the graphic to lay down against the plastic without bubbling and creasing. Though reluctant, I pulled out the heat gun and gave it a go. This worked well and I was able to get them to fit a little better. Finally I got to the sides of the front fenders. This section of graphics did not fit at all, the cut was way off and even with the heat gun I couldn't get rid of the creasing. After a lot of frustration and hard work I managed to get them on to be what I thought was a decent job.

I few hours later I went back to admire my work and my quads new look. I was shocked to see that the graphics had bubbled up quite a bit. I had never had problems like this with past graphics kits and I had done nothing different this time. I quickly went to work popping and fixing bubbles and using Graphic MX stickers to cover blemishes up.

At the end of the day the only positive thing I can say is that the graphics look good through the lens of a camera. Other then that I was quite disappointed. I actually have debated taking them off because they turned out so poor, my quad now looks warty from all the imperfections in the graphics. I am going to put this $100 to use and ride with them, but I am not happy with them at all which is upsetting because the design is exactly what I was looking for.

There was no reason to post pictures, you can't see the bubbles on camera. However, even from a good 20ft away it's easy to see where the bad spots are. I am hoping they will dull and when they do the light won't give away all the bad spots, but we'll see.

jkosakowski
02-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Im glad you did a review because i was about to buy some from them.

Rohr397
02-07-2012, 03:51 PM
yeah no problem! figured I'd save someone else from the hassle.

TORO1968
02-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Would you mind posting pics anyway? I've been wanting to do retro-style 250R graphics on my 400EX for a long time, and I'm curious how yours looks. I hate to hear that you had so many issues with Graphic MX. I was planning on buying my kit from them as well...

Rohr397
02-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Yeah here's the only pic I have, you can't see the bubbles or creases very well so it looks much better, and I actually cut up leftover pieces of blue to fill in where the graphic didn't cover so originally there was a large red stripe inbetween the side panel and front fender pieces. If you look just behind the Honda wing you can see a visible bubble though, nothing I could do to get rid of these and I tried EVERYTHING.

At least it looks good in pictures and videos though...

jkosakowski
02-07-2012, 06:53 PM
You need some new foot pegs :)

Rohr397
02-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Haha I know! And some bars too!

jkosakowski
02-07-2012, 07:04 PM
I got some stock ones for 15 bucks if your interested

Rohr397
02-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Pegs or bars? I've got a set of spare 400ex bars but they're too droopy. But if you're talking pegs then HECK YES!

jkosakowski
02-07-2012, 07:08 PM
ya they are just stock pegs shipping would be about 8 bucks through usps so 25 shipped alright?

Rohr397
02-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Yeah definitely! That's a 4th of the price of brand new ones so I can't really say no!

HondaRacing83
02-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Wtf I just ordered some

Rohr397
02-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
Wtf I just ordered some

:O Good luck! Hopefully you don't have to wait two hours and they're what you want. Definitely follow up on here when you get them, I'd love to here how they turn out for you.

jkosakowski
02-07-2012, 07:21 PM
I pmed you rohr397 ..... do you need heel guards?

HondaRacing83
02-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Hopefully well. Btw, thanks for the recomendations on the pipe Rohr, I got a Motoworks and love it so far! I got it today, put it on, didn't even have to change jetting. I rode it and love it, i figured with 6 play x rexs a pipe and filter would put me back at stock because they are such heavy tires, it still added quite a bit of spunk. There if very minimal pop on decel, i think im gonna do something with jetting soon but it actually fired right up with was odd. I think since its so cold jetting isnt a big deal right now, Ill deff have to change come spring. Love my Cr high bends with risers, love everything! new clutch perch on the way to

jkosakowski
02-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Do you want me to save the footpegs for you?

Rohr397
02-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Yeah sorry I've never used PayPal and I was home alone yesterday, I'll figure it out tonight and take care of that. Also I could definitely use healguards.

jkosakowski
02-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Is 35 bucks alright on the heel guards Alright ?... there are no cracks i can check on shipping tommmorow for them.

Rohr397
02-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
Hopefully well. Btw, thanks for the recomendations on the pipe Rohr, I got a Motoworks and love it so far! I got it today, put it on, didn't even have to change jetting. I rode it and love it, i figured with 6 play x rexs a pipe and filter would put me back at stock because they are such heavy tires, it still added quite a bit of spunk. There if very minimal pop on decel, i think im gonna do something with jetting soon but it actually fired right up with was odd. I think since its so cold jetting isnt a big deal right now, Ill deff have to change come spring. Love my Cr high bends with risers, love everything! new clutch perch on the way to

Glad to hear that! I really believe that Motoworks has their stuff together, they're the only team with factory riders. My rule of thumb is that a company who puts their product to the test at a professional level and uses the results to better that product has the best parts available. I learned that from my two wheeled buddies and so far it's never failed. Now that I am sponsored it's that much better too! Mine required no jetting, it popped like that but I changed the octane of fuel I was using to something a little higher and it worked great.

And again, good luck with the graphics, I used all my sponsorship stickers to cover up the blemishes and placed them just right to make it look like nothing was added. I can post pics of that if you'd like. Hopefully it won't even be an issue for you, but on the brightside you can make things work. My point was really that the product was poor, and it CAN work if you do a lot of extra work, but there are other companies who make graphics that don't require the hassle and look better in the end because they didn't have to be cut up and messed with to make fit.

Rohr397
02-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Yeah what kind are they? I'm fine with anything, even stock but just curious.

jkosakowski
02-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Y there stock basically brand new.

jkosakowski
02-08-2012, 03:33 PM
I meant to say ya not y lol

Rohr397
02-08-2012, 03:34 PM
okay cool do they come with the hardware to install them?

jkosakowski
02-08-2012, 03:35 PM
They have all the mounts but not the bolts..you could just get some at a hardware store though

Rohr397
02-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah that'll work just fine.

HondaRacing83
02-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah post pics man I'm kinda curious and Thanks

jkosakowski
02-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Alright il check on shipping tommorow and then you can just pay when i figure out the price. Thanks

Rohr397
02-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Oh dude thank you this is a huge relief for me, I am having a tough time replacing everything so I can ride again and just getting some used pegs and heal guards for such a good price is big.

jkosakowski
02-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Ya no problem :)

Rohr397
02-08-2012, 03:53 PM

HondaRacing83
02-08-2012, 04:07 PM
thanks, focus on changing out those front tires!

Rohr397
02-08-2012, 04:14 PM
I am! both rims are tacoed on the inside so I have to, going with 20's, figured that's a good match for the 18's in the back, might go 19's but I don't know.

jkosakowski
02-08-2012, 05:37 PM
I pmed you again

jkosakowski
02-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Pmed ya on shipping

jkosakowski
02-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Are you still intrested?

dxcody
02-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Seriously man, next time contact spider graphix.

They are awesome, and pricing is great too.

My buddy paid around $250 for these graphics, completely custom and it covers EVERYTHING! Thats the most expensive kit they offer. I think the cheapest is around $150 and like i said you can do them however you want.

You can put whatever you want on them, and Austin Parks (owner) will send you proofs so you can have him change and tweak things you dont like etc..

HondaRacing83
02-16-2012, 03:20 PM
that is a nice freaking ltr. cody can you ask him what psi he is running in the back? im running 10 in my x rexs and they still seem a little baloony

dxcody
02-16-2012, 04:14 PM
We run 4.5 in the rear and 5.5 in the front.

Its a little low but it really smoothes out the small bumps and such.

Figured i would get prosecuted for posting a ltr in a 400ex forum lol

dxcody
02-16-2012, 04:15 PM
i do most of the maintanance and prep work for his quad on race days.

HondaRacing83
02-16-2012, 04:28 PM
4.5 dang. I think i might drop mine down to like 6 in the rear and 8 in the front

beastlywarrior
02-16-2012, 04:30 PM
these were 100 and completely custom for me
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr352/beastlywarrior228/143.jpg

Rohr397
02-16-2012, 04:48 PM
I run mine at 3.5 rear and 4.0 in the front. That's what the manual and the mechanic I go to have said, it gets a butt ton of traction. Than again I ride in the NW -___-

CJM
02-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Geez, my fronts I run at 4.5-5.5 and rear is 3.5-4.5.

Thats for mostly sand use however.

Stickman400
02-16-2012, 10:39 PM
I don't run over 3 psi in my front or rear. Otherwise they have no give in the fronts and the rears are balooned.

Thumpin440ex
02-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
these were 100 and completely custom for me
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr352/beastlywarrior228/143.jpg

Where you get them for 100?

To the OP, are you sure the bubbles is due to the graphics or was it the way you put them on? Did you make sure the surface was 100% clean and no lint or anything?

Thanks

John

beastlywarrior
02-17-2012, 06:41 AM
Deadlast graphix he does 400exs too

dxcody
02-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by jkosakowski
Is 35 bucks alright on the heel guards Alright ?... there are no cracks i can check on shipping tommmorow for them.

Do you still have the heel guards? I Could use them!

jkosakowski
02-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Ya i do it would be 43 shipped 35 was without shipping. And i can ship today

graphicmx
09-27-2012, 01:12 PM
We disagree that it took months to deliver the customer's graphics. The original shipment was lost by the USPS and we shipped a second.

Graphics on a roll of backing is indicative of a custom shop and not mass production. This has no affect on quality.

The retro graphics are gold, red, and blue. No yellow was used.

Our graphics fit. We don't know if the customer ordered the wrong graphics or possibly we sent the wrong graphics, the customer never told us there was an issue so we were unable to correct the problem. Fit can be seen in our customer gallery on our site. Fit on pics seems to be right.

Bubbling is completely application, not the materials. Our vinyl is very sticky, a wet method is suggested. Bubbles are the application. If on a gas tank, tank must be cleaned with brake or contact cleaner to avoid bubbles.

Graphic MX stands by our products and will make any problem right.

Rohr397
09-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by graphicmx
We disagree that it took months to deliver the customer's graphics. The original shipment was lost by the USPS and we shipped a second.

Graphics on a roll of backing is indicative of a custom shop and not mass production. This has no affect on quality.

The retro graphics are gold, red, and blue. No yellow was used.

Our graphics fit. We don't know if the customer ordered the wrong graphics or possibly we sent the wrong graphics, the customer never told us there was an issue so we were unable to correct the problem. Fit can be seen in our customer gallery on our site. Fit on pics seems to be right.

Bubbling is completely application, not the materials. Our vinyl is very sticky, a wet method is suggested. Bubbles are the application. If on a gas tank, tank must be cleaned with brake or contact cleaner to avoid bubbles.

Graphic MX stands by our products and will make any problem right.

Interesting you say that because the email sent to me stated that your computers were not working and this was the reason for the delay. I also find it interesting because I ordered my graphics the week before Christmas and received them in February.

Yellow was in fact used because you did a custom kit that included logos with yellow in them. You can see very clearly the DNA Energy logo your company printed on my graphics, and the colors do not match the actual DNA Energy logo.

I didn't tell you there was an issue because I couldn't get responses to my emails. When I did they were almost two weeks later.

You can deny this all day long but I have proof right in front of me and I stand by my word.