PDA

View Full Version : prp front end??

hartwill
02-06-2012, 08:12 PM
anybody have pics of their prp front end set up? I just wanna see how they look and make sure everything is mounted correctly on mine. pics or any info would be great on what you know about them. I am having a few small problems with mine like shock length, and tie rod length. thanks in advance..

sangheraent
02-06-2012, 09:24 PM
I just bought a prp +3 LT setup I haven't bought shocks for it yet but was told they take a 19" front shock.

hartwill
02-06-2012, 09:40 PM
i have 19.25" shocks and i can get my ride height pretty close but when i fully extend the front arms the bottom of my frame is like 16" off the ground. i wonder if maybe i have the lower arms on upside down,lol. is the shock mount supposed to be on top or bottom? the only one I have seen the mount is on top. sounds stupid but thats the only thing i can come up with unless they are suppose to have 18" shocks, but even the guy at trc told me 19" and I guess he is the one that made them for prp.
also, what kind of tierod ends do yours have?
here is the only pic I could find.
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/hartwill/100_1930.jpg

sangheraent
02-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Mine look identical to that. I'm pretty sure the bottom arm is right. I was a little surprised by that too but the angle of the bottom spindle mount is clearly right.

Mine has 400ex spindles I think the tie rod ends are for the 400ex. I can check tomorrow (mine are still in the box I got them in).

I once bought half inch longer shocks for my banshee and it was a huge difference in ride height and a arm angle almost from flat to 45degrees. Maybe the 1/4 inch difference is causing that?

sangheraent
02-06-2012, 10:55 PM
what do you mean by fully extend a arms? like lifting your bike before it comes off the ground? or compressing the shocks all the way down?

hartwill
02-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Lifting it up before it come off. From what I understand you are looking for about 12 and 2 fully extended and fully compressed.

hartwill
02-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Sangheagent your inbox is full.. but anyway here's what I wrote.

I'm not so sure they made too many more than a couple sets of a arms. If you think about it, how often do you see them ya know? Keep me posted on what he says. I appreciate it.

rayman375
02-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Will, I'm starting to think you won't ever find a set of arms that make you happy :p

hartwill
02-10-2012, 06:02 AM
You too huh, lol. That's funny, I was just thinking the same thing.