PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 250 MX Build ?'s

MX Jeff
02-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Looking for tips on and feedback for a Raptor 250. We will be racing the QuadX series starting next month. So far this is what I have...

Jansenn A-Arms +3
Jansenn Swingarm +2 (Should I go more or less?)
Jansenn Steering Stem
Streamline Brake Lines
Tag Bars
ASV Levers
Motoworks SR4 Full Exhaust
Lonestar Axle
X Factor Nerf Bars
X Factor Skid Plate
X Factor Front Bumper

Shocks I'm thinking Fox or Motowoz? What do you guys think?
Steering Stabilizer?
How about intake?
Tires? I'm partial to Maxxis, but thats with my 450...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

gistmarrs
02-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Hey Jeff,

It's good to hear that there might be someone else with a Raptor 250 at QuadX. We are just a few miles south of you in Tulare.

My sons Raptor has the Janssen stuff and RaceTech shocks. We also have Fox Evols coming any day now from being rebuilt. There are a large number of 250's at the WORCS series that run the Fox's. Probably because weight is pretty important on that little bike. There are several running Elka's, PEP's, and others. The important thing is that they are adjusted right for the rider.

I think a stabilizer is a must for MX. I would also put on a flexx bar or the ATV4play bars.

MX Jeff
02-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Are you guys racing worcs also?

Who did you get your Fox's from?

Thanks for the info!

gistmarrs
02-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Yes, we are racing WORCS also. We will probably miss a few races in both series once Baseball season is here.

The Fox's came on the bike when we bought it. The RaceTech's came directly from RaceTech. You might want to hook up with Texiera Tech. They are fairly close by you. If you want to order something, Hetrick is great to work with.

Marrs

MX Jeff
02-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Sounds good will do. Thanks again

EJ Racing 07
02-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Call Jim at Motowoz...shocks and customer service is outstanding!

mxdad423
02-07-2012, 07:39 PM
FOX, FOX, FOX, and FOX........This will be Brandon's 5th year with the floats, (thats on the 90 and 250and the newly added 400ex) and he won't switch for anything. Carry at the midwest center is AWSOME to deal with, and the shocks are TOP NOTCH. I can send my shocks out to Carry on Monday for service and have them back before the weekend, again Excellant customer service (always has been). The nice thing is, when you want to make adustments it's just a matter of changing air PSI, don't get any easier. I'm telling you, we have ran several differant shocks over the years, and I'm talking High end shocks and I don't think I will ever get him off of the Fox's.

racekids
02-08-2012, 08:27 AM
we have 2 bikes one with elka and one with fox. Fox require more attention with adjusting air but other than that we like them

We run the cst/ambush 19x8x8 rear tires and really like them and they are light weight.

stabilizer is a must in my opinion we use the stick style

We did the entire Ct Racing motor build and really like it.

We also run Lonestar suspension.

We also run the flexx bars and kids love them

we run worcs and a few quadx races as well.

gistmarrs
02-08-2012, 11:38 AM
If my son doesn't love the Fox's this weekend, they will be for sale javascript:smilie(':D')

Also, many of the guys are running stock length swingarms. A few +1's, haven't seen any +2's. I don't really think a +2 is needed unless you've got a monster 300cc motor in it.

There are a few different intakes for these. I would definitely run an aftermarket intake. The stock unit is a bit restrictive.

MX Jeff
02-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks for everyones input! I really appreciate the help. I ordered a CFM intake this evening.

Gistmarrs are you guys racing Porterville Sunday?

gistmarrs
02-08-2012, 09:54 PM
We are supposed to be going to Primm for the WORCS race. If things don't go any better for the next couple of days, we will be staying home. So I guess the short answer is I'm not sure yet. I'll let you know if we decide to go to Porterville. It's so nice now that they let quads on their track. Before they did, the closest track was about 200 miles away!

gistmarrs
02-09-2012, 04:16 PM
We can't make the Primm race, so we will probably be in Porterville. Hope to see you there.

Marrs

MX Jeff
02-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Look forward to meeting you guys. Were just going to be spectators...still waiting on parts...:mad:

MX Jeff
02-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Is there a better kill switch out there than a Pro Design or Pro Armor?