PDA

View Full Version : lt250r/kxf450r project about to get underway!

AAracing
02-06-2012, 01:43 AM
so, got an old ltr chassis and got some plans for it. i've seen a picture from a camera phone of this done with a kxf motor in it, looked real good, and i guess it fit really nice. i'm not sure if there was a specific reason for the use of the kawasaki motor or not, i havnt been able to get my hands on a honda, or anything else for that matter to measure the height of the motor to see if theres a difference, i'd much rather run the crf but we'll see. stock header was used and looked like it worked fine in the chassis. been looking for a motor with wiring and carb for awhile now, just havnt committed to the build as its winter and no heat in the shop. i'll post pics as soon as i get parts and shouldnt take to long to finish. let me know what you guys think on this build, good or bad, either way its going to happen. attached is the quad thats going to get the hack job on the frame... motor is still good, dont get me wrong, i'm a 2 stroke fan threw and threw, but i want to get this thing back on the track and be competitive in the national level again on the old dino

2005eton90
02-13-2012, 03:21 PM
I say go for it! Any progress so far ?

AAracing
02-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Not really yet, waiting for warmer weather... got a 2006 kxf450 bike this weekend for a donor bike, but that's about it

2005eton90
02-14-2012, 01:03 AM
Good motor ,keep us updated .

JOHNDOE83
02-14-2012, 02:12 PM
I really like this idea, I just dont like kawasaki :blah:

The geometry of the LT250R frame with a new style 4 stroke motor is gonna make a GOOD track bike!!!

I cant wait to see some progress :D

AAracing
02-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah it's not my first choice of motor either, but I know it'll fit, if I'm not mistaken, the Crf ktm motors are taller, was looking for a Suzuki motor but this should Do. I know it's reliable and a ton of aftermarket still out there for it. I used to race this bike until I got my 450r in 2007 so I know it handles like a dream, going to have to get the shocks redone to equal out the extra weight though

AAracing
02-27-2012, 12:29 AM
hey, ok...so i did some homework, crf motor is very close to the same in height, and i also found a 2003 motor, carb, wiring, header, and cdi for $900 with a full brand new Kibble White head and oem piston....picking that up on wednesday...and just in case that doesnt somehow work, then its back to the KXF motor, which i am keeping, just for good measure...and maybe to ride once or twice... so thats where i'm at right now...nothen else new right now, its still cold out so, just a quad without a motor in it, and 2 motors...sorry its taking so long.