PDA

View Full Version : cheap alternative for a decent rear end

Lquad71
02-05-2012, 05:47 PM
MY friend has a 04 trx450 and if anyone has rode one with a bone stock rear end, you know that it is just horrible and basically a deathtrap if you dont know how to ride, which unfortunately he is still a beginner. He is eventually going to be getting a pep rear end with dc-6 like mine but I dont think anytime soon, he has already broken several bones and I just want to see the kid do good for once and I think this may help, so what is the best company to go for to revalve the stock rear shock. does anyone have experience with pep with the stock 04 shock? is there a decent linkage available for the stock shock w/ stock valving, or is there a good combo with a good revalve and linkage? Thanks

desratt
02-05-2012, 06:08 PM
worksshocks does what they call a heart transplant. and they aren't far from you

mx Eli
02-05-2012, 07:31 PM
call seth at sf racing and ask him bout the pep/ oem 450r shock,

also for your other thread (didnt feel like pposting twice) call seth and ask him if they have troubles with overheating, he can tell ya

Lquad71
02-05-2012, 08:54 PM
thanks guys! Ill check it out

2001400exrida
02-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Jet suspension does very good work on stock shocks.

http://www.jet-motorsports.com/www.jet-motorsports.com/index-2.html

i see these guys out at the XC races to, they have like on site tuners and advisors that work for jet.

mx Eli
02-07-2012, 06:44 PM
how much is he lookings to spend anyways
i know seths revalve and respring for the stock shock is around 300 bux, if i was him I'd look for a standard travel used shock becuase you can get them for around the same price

jkiserracing
02-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Fot the 04/05 stock swinger....a very good but less expensive alternative is the gt thunder mx linkage and stock shock conversion/revalve. It really makes the stock set up way better. I did it to my 04 when I had it.

dran714
02-14-2012, 08:34 PM
good home boy mod: put a longer 06 up rear dog bone (2 hole) link it is a little longer and softens and lowers your ride.

jet does good revalve and can even dual rate your stocker or i got a gt thunder linkage of theifbay for just over a hundred bucks new! good luck

TaylorTRX
02-17-2012, 09:34 AM
i met a guy at a race years ago who made those gt thunder linkages at his machine shop so i bought one and had my shock revalved and spent some time tuning it on real rough stuff and actually got it realy dialed in, i won a xc junior B series on it

XC_Racer_129
02-17-2012, 09:48 AM
I can't say how they work on the '05 swingarm, but I have a GT Thunder linkage and rebuilt shock with high flow piston on the rear of my '09 and it rides like a dream compared to stock. I rode my buddies quads with different brands of rear shocks and honestly, I can't tell the difference between my rebuilt and an aftermarket shock.

They did my z400 rear shock and that's pretty good too, but I didn't get the high flow piston.

Don't let people scare you away from GT, there are as many haters as lovers of GT shocks.

TaylorTRX
02-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Forgot to say mines an 04....but i also know a kid who took off his fox rear shock cause he liked his revalved stock shock with gt linkage better

flyboy62
02-19-2012, 10:56 PM
best farily cheap rear end i think......Pep zps rear shock with the lonestar dc6 link.... i rode a bike with a rebuilt rear and the lsr dc6 link and it wasnt that bad but the PEP is deffinatly worth the extra money