PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl!

finsteratv
02-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Nobody made a thread? Predictions?! lets hear what everyone has to say.

Stickman400
02-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Pats all the way.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
02-05-2012, 04:16 PM
21-17 Giants baby!

CJM
02-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Dont care tbh.

OldGuyonaQuad
02-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Dont care tbh.

X2
I'm just a h8'n Eagles fan that doesnt want to see either of these teams win another Super Bowl. I've had enough of watching David Tyree trap the ball against his helmet already.

Two weeks till pitchers and catcher's report..go phils and 10-9-8-76ers. eF the super bowl this year :D

CJM
02-05-2012, 05:48 PM
To clarify: I dont watch sports on tv besides nascar or such, just dont interest me.

Lquad71
02-05-2012, 06:11 PM
is that this weekend??haha i never pay attention to really any ball sports at all.

finsteratv
02-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Atleast the half time show was better than the 2 before. I actually use today as an excuse for eating junk food haha, im more excited for SX.

jkiserracing
02-05-2012, 06:57 PM
well my prediction (earlier before I saw this thread) was Patriots 34 to 28!! We'll see how I do.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
02-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
21-17 Giants baby!

BOOM BABY! Won myself $900 with that.

jkiserracing
02-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Good thing I didn't bet! I was waaay off!!

fastrnrik
02-05-2012, 08:04 PM
21-17 Giants baby!

Good call LOL

Stickman400
02-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Worthless Tom Brady under pressure, and their defense was garbage.

madskrillz2
02-05-2012, 08:19 PM
I don't really like the Giants but I can't stand the Patriots. Any game they lose is a good game to me lol

Tommy Warren
02-05-2012, 08:22 PM
was that this weekend? hmm whatever

mirror_racing
02-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I don't really like the Giants but I can't stand the Patriots. Any game they lose is a good game to me lol

Agree!!!

chronicsmoke
02-06-2012, 06:22 AM
BOOM BABY! Won myself $900 with that.

Haha thats sick man!

I HATE THE MANNINGS!! FAAACKK (Patriots fan for 12 years..):grr:

OldGuyonaQuad
02-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
was that this weekend? hmm whatever

Yes because everyone north of the border sits around waiting for those epic "Grey" Cup commercials right ? :D

oh and Marc....h8 to break the news to ya ....but....Nascar isn't a sport, :P

godzilla
02-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
Yes because everyone north of the border sits around waiting for those epic "Grey" Cup commercials right ? :D

At least Canadians have to sit around having to watch a 25 minute ceremony for a f-ing coin toss...

:rolleyes:

:D

axellmusic19
02-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by CJM
To clarify: I dont watch sports on tv besides nascar or such, just dont interest me.

Oh good I'm glad I'm not alone! :)

Tommy Warren
02-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by axellmusic19
Oh good I'm glad I'm not alone! :)

i'm with ya....cancel all the sports, combine the salaries into one account and pay off the national debt...

TheLane
02-06-2012, 04:54 PM
i'm with ya....cancel all the sports, combine the salaries into one account and pay off the national debt...

X2. Tommy iz smhart, minuz teh fakt that himz rydes a rapter.

madskrillz2
02-06-2012, 05:31 PM

If I could high five you through a computer I would. I understand they're pro athletes but I just don't understand most of the multi million dollar salaries. Especially when you have troops and just about any blue collar workers struggling to scrape together enough to live on. Makes me sick when I see on ESPN a player wanting 3-4 million added onto a 15+ million dollar contract.

OldGuyonaQuad
02-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
If I could high five you through a computer I would. I understand they're pro athletes but I just don't understand most of the multi million dollar salaries. Especially when you have troops and just about any blue collar workers struggling to scrape together enough to live on. Makes me sick when I see on ESPN a player wanting 3-4 million added onto a 15+ million dollar contract.

It's hard to defend some of these millionaire thugs especially coming off a lock out year in which billionaires argue with millionaires over the pennys but, in the case of NFL players their contracts aren't worth the paper they are printed on. Most of them are not guaranteed. Combine that with the average length of a football players career being less then 3 years and most suffer from concussions or other ailments the rest of their lives. I cut them (most of them) some slack for that.

The problem with the NFL and it's image are all of these diva Wide receivers.

wilkin250r
02-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Um, you guys realize these aren't taxpayer dollars, right? Cancelling those games and those salaries doesn't mean you get to just decide whatever you want with that money. People are giving that money of their own free will, in exchange for entertainment. So you all want to cancel the entertainment, but still force people to shell out that money?

Pipeless416
02-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Um, you guys realize these aren't taxpayer dollars, right? Cancelling those games and those salaries doesn't mean you get to just decide whatever you want with that money. People are giving that money of their own free will, in exchange for entertainment. So you all want to cancel the entertainment, but still force people to shell out that money?

you mean this isn't Cuba? :huh

on a side note, i love the NFL, but i really didn't care about this year's SB. maybe if i lived in the northeast.. however, i'm glad the Giants won, since they took out the packers a few weeks ago.

<--- Bears fan

TheAwesomehonda
02-06-2012, 09:57 PM
GO PACK GO

TheLane
02-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

acttuuuuaallllyyyyy most of that money comes from investors. ( megacorps, ect.)

300ex_#387
02-07-2012, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by TheLane
acttuuuuaallllyyyyy most of that money comes from investors. ( megacorps, ect.)

2/3 of the NFL money comes from TV contracts. Ticket sales is where some comes from also. The ticket sales go 100% to the teams. 60% goes to the home team and 40% goes to the away team. More money comes in from merchandise. The players are actually making a name for them and the team. They should get a cut of that money because they are marketing it.

AS far as investors and megacorps? Yeah they want their name on the stadium and strung across the place but I dont think they are paying what the fans pay. The fans are the investors.

TheLane
02-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
2/3 of the NFL money comes from TV contracts. Ticket sales is where some comes from also. The ticket sales go 100% to the teams. 60% goes to the home team and 40% goes to the away team. More money comes in from merchandise. The players are actually making a name for them and the team. They should get a cut of that money because they are marketing it.

AS far as investors and megacorps? Yeah they want their name on the stadium and strung across the place but I dont think they are paying what the fans pay. The fans are the investors.

*sigh* Tv contracts are investors.

300ex_#387
02-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
*sigh* Tv contracts are investors.

Who are getting money from commercial advertising AND......fans paying the TV bill. I'm not saying that there arent big megacorp investors. I just think the fans have more to do with player salaries that Megacorps.

Tommy Warren
02-07-2012, 05:56 PM

so 60% goes to the home team and 40% goes to the away team? does that mean taxpayers are paying to maintain the building? another way to save money:ermm:

300ex_#387
02-07-2012, 06:46 PM
so 60% goes to the home team and 40% goes to the away team? does that mean taxpayers are paying to maintain the building? another way to save money:ermm:

Actually the way I understand it is no tax dollars get used to fund these stadiums. Or atleast your state budget. They take the funding from the specialty taxes. Meaning they will put some sort of entertainment tax on your hotel room or cab fee. They might put a $5 entertainment tax on every ticket sold. So I don't believe it comes out of your regular state taxes. I am no expert but this is my understanding. Someone else can chime in if they see it a different way.

JForestZ34
02-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Who are getting money from commercial advertising AND......fans paying the TV bill. I'm not saying that there arent big megacorp investors. I just think the fans have more to do with player salaries that Megacorps.

Most of the players salaries are from selling merchandise and VERY VERY rich investors..

it's probably something like a 50% investors 30% sale of merchandise and 20% ticket sales..

James