PDA

View Full Version : stage 6 r/t or polini evo 4

selbygirl
02-05-2012, 07:12 AM
whats the pros and cons on the motors .whats the most dependable motor .. we are still running the malosi motor . its good for short tight tracks .but if it is long strait aways the r/t will pull away from us,, but our motor does good on the hole shots. just want to see what you guys think is a all around better motor .the r/t or the evo 4

quadrider79
02-05-2012, 07:34 AM
Not gonna tell you what to do. But our Evo 4 would run with the Stage 6. Pretty even on the start but when it came to big long tracks I think the Evo 4 had an advantage. JMO.

RCR_531
02-05-2012, 09:36 PM
A lot of people are spending alot of time with the RT motor. Can't wait until round one to see how well it runs. Has been doing a great job in florida this winter.

asadad00
02-06-2012, 09:19 PM
just sold our r/t engine and installed new evo-4 , its very nice power,real torkey and great top speed too.Overall about same as the r/t.

don bassani
02-07-2012, 05:06 AM
Why did you switch to polini ?

asadad00
02-09-2012, 04:29 PM
The RT was great I just wanted to try the newest thing out , Marc at Hot quads said it would be equal but not more power than my RT but i wanted to try it anyway and the RT had been run for a season. He was right the power is same even clutched it the exact same.

selbygirl
02-09-2012, 07:45 PM
i may lean towards the r/t motor seems like there is more of them out there . and easer to find parts at the tracks . speaking of parts does . eny one have a mach-1 r/t pipe for sale.

rmuscle
04-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by selbygirl
whats the pros and cons on the motors .whats the most dependable motor .. we are still running the malosi motor . its good for short tight tracks .but if it is long strait aways the r/t will pull away from us,, but our motor does good on the hole shots. just want to see what you guys think is a all around better motor .the r/t or the evo 4 so what route did you go. I've been in a toss up right now in which way to go

selbygirl
04-08-2012, 04:35 PM
i went with a polini 4 broden sed it has way more power then our older motor , and the r/t motors seems hard to get eny more . the only thing abought the polini it has a pressed in water fitting that comes out real easy , but it was a easy fix i used a 3/8 threaded with a 1/2 barb fitting , and threaded it with a 3/8 18npt pipe tap that you can pick up at most hard ware stores , and its a small one piece jug gives you a lot more room to change rings, all our other motors the carb was touching the jug and you dont have to take the tie rod off eather , i thinks its one off the easest motors to put together, and pretty easy to tune in