PDA

View Full Version : Which one?

B.C.#11TRX400EX
02-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Tommorow we might be getting a 08 trx450r and im racing XC in a month so should i race the EX or the R? i can ride either one right now, so wat would be best? i love my 400ex but i really like the 450's too so wat should i do? the 450 has a pc'd black frame gusseted, lonestar stem, fatbar, red silocone radiater hose, and the rest is stock, the guy says the motor has only 50 hours but u never no, he wants $3000 but wer gonna offer $2700. help me out guys i dont no wat would be best cause there both really good quads!!!!

JOHNDOE83
02-04-2012, 07:12 PM
If your racing XC I would use the R for sure, only because the EX after some time might be a rough ride, I know the 450rs are much smoother and vibrate less.

Which is a bigg factor in a race!

Or you could say FTW and represent for the EXs :blah:

ish416
02-04-2012, 07:21 PM
The answer is quite simple.

Race whichever you are faster on.

My opinion is that unless that Honda 450 has engine work and a built up chassis (aftermarket or revalved suspension with a-arms at the minimum), I wouldn't touch it.

B.C.#11TRX400EX
02-04-2012, 08:16 PM
the guy says he bought from a guy that took all the stock parts off to a bare frame, pc'd the frame and gusseted it and raced with just the frame, he put a different motor in and after the season he put the stock motor and everything else back on it. so the bikes practically brand new but just the frame has been raced. and the previous owner hasn't had time to ride it because he was in another state for school. But he says theres around 50 hours on it, its got a LSR +1 stem, Renthal Fatbar, some type of aftermarket clutch perch, CV4 Silicone radiator hose, AC nerf's and Bumper, and stock motor,so were thinkin this is pretty good buy but if we get it ill add a K&N filter, Jet it, Curtis Sparks exhaust, and maybe a little other stuff