PDA

View Full Version : Pilot jets to long HELP

TheAwesomehonda
02-03-2012, 06:18 PM
I got some pilot jets that I had ordered from my dealer (yes they don't even keep the dam thinks in stock) and I see now that there keihin jets but there alittle longer then the stock 48 in my 450r carb.. What difference will this make if any?

dxcody
02-03-2012, 06:46 PM
the 42 pilot i put in my 400 was longer than the 38 that was in there.. still worked fine so i used it.

TheAwesomehonda
02-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
the 42 pilot i put in my 400 was longer than the 38 that was in there.. still worked fine so i used it. Oh ok thanks maybe i'll try it then and just see if it works good :)

Stickman400
02-03-2012, 07:25 PM
If I remember right, the pilot jet I ordered from jets-r-us was also a tad longer than the one I pulled from my 450 carb. also. I don't think it matters at all.

gixer2000
02-03-2012, 08:31 PM
installed mine last week and it was also a tad longer

TheAwesomehonda
02-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Mine is so much longer that its flush with the end of the hole that it goes in.. Instead of sitting down in it some.

gixer2000
02-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by TheAwesomehonda
Mine is so much longer that its flush with the end of the hole that it goes in.. Instead of sitting down in it some.

same here. worked fine for me!

hocman123
02-03-2012, 11:36 PM
if i remember right the 450r pilots are shorter then 400ex. on the side where it says keihin it should have a s on it standing for short.

dxcody
02-03-2012, 11:53 PM
i am positive mine wasnt even flush i think it stuck up a little higher than the hole.

TheAwesomehonda
02-04-2012, 07:18 AM
I saw the S on the pilot I took out but not on the 50 that I replaced it with.

hocman123
02-04-2012, 07:20 AM
it might be a 400 pilot but it work even thow it long

TheAwesomehonda
02-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by hocman123
it might be a 400 pilot but it work even thow it long Ok well I'll try it when I get my zrpolit adapter (should be to) and i'll tell u'll how it works.

JOHNDOE83
02-04-2012, 07:41 AM
You could use a 2in rubber adapter from lowes or home depot instead of the zr adapter, it only cost $3-$4 instead of what ever they charge for a zr adapter, and I think you have to use RTV to install a zr adapter.

The dealer doesnt know ANYTHING!

They just look up parts and order from numbers, they might even ask you why do you need to re-jet like they do to me.

If your gonna have to order jets anyway you might as well order them from www.jetsrus.com then youll know its right.

TheAwesomehonda
02-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
You could use a 2in rubber adapter from lowes or home depot instead of the zr adapter, it only cost $3-$4 instead of what ever they charge for a zr adapter, and I think you have to use RTV to install a zr adapter.

The dealer doesnt know ANYTHING!

They just look up parts and order from numbers, they might even ask you why do you need to re-jet like they do to me.

If your gonna have to order jets anyway you might as well order them from www.jetsrus.com then youll know its right. I tried some 2 in rubber things and stuff but could never get a good seal. I desided to get zrpilots adapter for $$53 (i know its a rip off but idk what else to do). I know that my dealer is stupid there a HUGE place that has honda, yamaha, polaris, and suzuki atvs, motorcycles, snowmobiles, and sxs but they don't have one carb jet in stock and when they order them there to long :grr: :grr: but any how I will be making an order from jetsrus if I need to get other jets.

TheAwesomehonda
02-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Ok well I got my zrpilot adapter and got the whole intake system sealed. Got the quad running and the problem i've having with how its running is that when i rev it and let off on the gas it doesn't want to idle. :confused: so i don't know if this is coused by the long pilot jet or what the problem is but please comment and give me some help.

Pipeless416
02-09-2012, 09:22 AM
I tried some 2 in rubber things and stuff but could never get a good seal. I desided to get zrpilots adapter for $$53 (i know its a rip off but idk what else to do). I know that my dealer is stupid there a HUGE place that has honda, yamaha, polaris, and suzuki atvs, motorcycles, snowmobiles, and sxs but they don't have one carb jet in stock and when they order them there to long :grr: :grr: but any how I will be making an order from jetsrus if I need to get other jets.

that is not a rip off when you consider that they are produced on a cnc lathe in small batches. if you think its a rip off then you know absolutely nothing about machining and production.

TheAwesomehonda
02-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
that is not a rip off when you consider that they are produced on a cnc lathe in small batches. if you think its a rip off then you know absolutely nothing about machining and production. Its still a high price for a small billet part i mean check out this http://www.modquad.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=782&products_id=1390 its alot bigger and only $20 more and its a name brand part and I know there making a **** load of money to.

Pipeless416
02-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Its still a high price for a small billet part i mean check out this http://www.modquad.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=782&products_id=1390 its alot bigger and only $20 more and its a name brand part and I know there making a **** load of money to.

its all about batch size.. produce more at a time and the cost drops significantly. zrpilot makes the adapters in very small batches of 10 because they take so long to sell. i don't believe there is much overhead in what he charges.

TheAwesomehonda
02-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
its all about batch size.. produce more at a time and the cost drops significantly. zrpilot makes the adapters in very small batches of 10 because they take so long to sell. i don't believe there is much overhead in what he charges. I know but I was just saying its a high price but it works good anyhow.