PDA

View Full Version : Rear Caliper Slide Pin Removal

NacsMXer
02-03-2012, 06:02 PM
I've never messed with caliper slide pins before so I need a little assistance please.
I want to clean up and regrease the slide pins on my rear caliper and replace the rubber boots if necessary.

Do I loosen the large slide pin (allen head), remove the two caliper bracket mounting bolts, dismount entire thing from rotor, and then separate the bracket from the caliper?

Is this the correct order of disassembly? I should be able to do this without removing the brake line right?

Thanks a lot for your help.

powerbomb400
02-03-2012, 06:17 PM
That's how I did it.To me getting the little boots back in was the pain. The rest was easy.

Stickman400
02-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Yea, that's how I did it also. And I also thought the boots were the toughest part to put back on. They are a ***** to try and get seated where they need to be to seal good. I still don't think I got mine on right when I got it assembled.

NacsMXer
02-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Cool, thanks guys. Not looking forward to dealing with the boots lol. I ordered some special Dow Corning silicone grease for the slide pins, so hopefully it will ease the install of the boots a bit.