PDA

View Full Version : Steering stabilizer?

quadmanw
02-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Do steering stabilizers work? I'm looking into buying on but have no clue about them.. Best brands? Ones that work better? Not looking into those 500$ precision ones though.. Lol

Thanks, Steve

DragonGunner
02-03-2012, 10:24 AM
They work unless your just a slow trail rider. My Denton has held up great for yrs an has yet to be rebuilt. It was around 150.00. I wouldn't want to ride without a stabilizer, they help alot going over rough ruts, or if you snag a stump or rock it helps keep the handlebars from breaking your wrists. An in long rides it sure does help keep your arms from getting fatigued as fast. An they shine the most on wider a arms, there they are a must for me.

quadmanw
02-03-2012, 10:25 AM
I have +2 so I should prob get one haha and race trails

TheAwesomehonda
02-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by DragonGunner
They work unless your just a slow trail rider. My Denton has held up great for yrs an has yet to be rebuilt. It was around 150.00. I wouldn't want to ride without a stabilizer, they help alot going over rough ruts, or if you snag a stump or rock it helps keep the handlebars from breaking your wrists. An in long rides it sure does help keep your arms from getting fatigued as fast. An they shine the most on wider a arms, there they are a must for me. I've never heard of a Denton is that on a 400ex and do you have a web site link for that?

Stickman400
02-03-2012, 12:02 PM
You can find a few of those Denton stabilizers on ebay for around $100, they are stick style stabilizers though. Pretty much everybody on here will recommend the CCP stabilizer off of ebay. $190 and it's a puck style. That's about the cheapest puck style anywhere until you get to the $500 Precision.

TheAwesomehonda
02-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Stickman400
You can find a few of those Denton stabilizers on ebay for around $100, they are stick style stabilizers though. Pretty much everybody on here will recommend the CCP stabilizer off of ebay. $190 and it's a puck style. That's about the cheapest puck style anywhere until you get to the $500 Precision. I just messaged the ebay store of the ccp stabilizers and hes not listing them because hes leaving for vacation or something. but now he has two different ones for the 400ex one with two adjusters one for the turning and one for the straight and the other with just one adjustment for the whole turning range if you know what i mean.. but its 50 more for the dule adjustment model.

Stickman400
02-03-2012, 12:29 PM
The dual adjustment is just so you can increase or decrease the amount of dampening on the sides (when you are turning) separate from when you are going straight. I wouldn't think you'd need the dual adjustment one unless you're an XC racer or something. I'd be nice, but not needed.

TheAwesomehonda
02-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Stickman400
The dual adjustment is just so you can increase or decrease the amount of dampening on the sides (when you are turning) separate from when you are going straight. I wouldn't think you'd need the dual adjustment one unless you're an XC racer or something. I'd be nice, but not needed. Yes I know what it is I just have a hard time explaining it. I will pay the $50 more and get it i think because it would be nice.

DragonGunner
02-03-2012, 12:50 PM
If my "stick" Denton ever breaks I would probably try that CCP ....when I bought my "stick" the "pucks" hadn't even been thought of yet....lol

quadmanw
02-03-2012, 04:00 PM
I need to get a ccp lol but money's short right now like usual because of the dam quad

TheAwesomehonda
02-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by quadmanw
I need to get a ccp lol but money's short right now like usual because of the dam quad :huh :huh