PDA

View Full Version : broken spindle on 400ex

crashinmatt
03-02-2003, 02:26 PM
has anyone ever broken a spindle where the tie rod end goes into it on a 400ex? I was at a race and nose dived slightly off a jump. when i hit the ground i was off the side of the track slightly and hit something. did no damage to rim or tire or balljoints, but it broke the spindle off where the tie rods connect. I was just wonderin if this was a problem anyone else has had? oh and if i matters it was on the right side if ur sittin on it.

slosh13
03-02-2003, 10:17 PM
i broke my left spindle on a friends track..i was riding when it was snow out and I over shot his double into a high-bermed corner i broke my spindle right at the point of where my tierod connects to the spindle. i was not happy..there was no way to fix it so i just bought a new one from a local cycle shop. cost em $158 for one!:ermm: but I recommend if you buy one.. go to these guys. they have great stuff at great prices. www.servicehonda.com

crashinmatt
03-02-2003, 11:44 PM
i know they r expensive. i can get a good deal from one of my sponsors, Speed Freaks. otherwise ive been lookin on ebay.

Foxrage
03-03-2003, 12:09 AM
A few weeks after i got my 400 i was riding with some buddies of mine. I clipped one of them and it bent my tie rod bad and cracked my spindle. I did not notice the crack untill oneday i was jumping and i went nose first into the landing. I flipped forward and the quad landed on me. well the spindle brke in the same place yours did. Luckly mine was under warranty. :D

4TraxRider
03-03-2003, 12:06 PM
I broke my spindle where the bearings ride on it on my quadzilla. $260 for a new one. And broke my left spindle where the tierod conects to it off a jump. Got a new one from service honda for like 130 i think.