PDA

View Full Version : looking at a 08 apes 100cc

seabeebuggy
02-01-2012, 01:43 PM
I am thinking of getting an apex 100, it is used he wants 2100$ is that a good price? he said it is race ready. My question is will this work good for the sand dunes? I want a great quad so I don't have to keep upgrading. just to sell for less and start over on another one. Any advice would be great. I will be giving up some good firearms in a trade.

RCR_531
02-02-2012, 05:08 PM
I bought one a month ago for 1500.00 with a fresh motor. The front plastic did have a hole in it but other then that it is in pretty go shape.

Christiansdad
02-04-2012, 07:37 PM
I don't see any pictures of it but my saying is..something is worth of what the buyer is willing to pay for it .i have seen them cheaper but a little aftermarket parts always kinda talk for there self and who rode it..3300 new... But at the same time I think there is a little issue or was with apex...we have one but probably won't go back when its time to purchase another but see if he would go lower

KLCRACING
02-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Not sure about Apex's in the sand but I do know you would have to set the clutch up differently than a mx rider. We went to dunes with ours set up for mx and burnt up the belt in appox 2 hrs. find someone that rides in the sand and ask how to set up the clutch. I'm thinking that you would have to refresh the clutch very often riding in the sand at a cost of appox $20 spring, $20 weights $50 for belt. MHO, I'd look at Yam 250 Raptor, just need to check local laws regarding age limits. Hope this helps. JMO