PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara, Oklahoma

MX MaNiAc 06
02-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Heading out to Little Sahara next weekend Feb 10-12. Anybody else goin? Anybody have tips on where to park/camp? First timer. Ill be driving a white Silverado with black rims, bumper, tool box with my 505sx KTM. Stop by and say whats up if you see me!

smr
02-01-2012, 02:02 PM
man I love that place. I usually camp at the campboy campground. You must ride into town and eat at little sahara pizza and wings....they are great. I also recomend you get a chease burger at the mexican resterant.

lonnie1977
02-01-2012, 07:29 PM
I wish I could go back. Yoyu have to eat at thh Mexican place. Great food.

MX MaNiAc 06
02-01-2012, 07:39 PM
You can ride right into Waynoka? Ill have to check them out im sure ill be going into town to eat. Is there a hotel close?

lonnie1977
02-01-2012, 07:50 PM
There is a close hotel right on the road that runs into town from the main entrace and quad shop. Looked a little rough but that was back in 08.

smr
02-02-2012, 05:46 AM
I would recomend you rent a camper from dueces wild camp ground. Much better than the hotel. They also have cabins. the person that runs the place goes buy buggy princes on the waynoka forum.

You can ride into town and go to most of the bars and restrants. You just have to be out of town before dark.

I also recomend breakfast at Millers and stop in to see Randy at stewerts buggy shop...nice guy.

MX MaNiAc 06
02-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by smr
I would recomend you rent a camper from dueces wild camp ground. Much better than the hotel. They also have cabins. the person that runs the place goes buy buggy princes on the waynoka forum.

You can ride into town and go to most of the bars and restrants. You just have to be out of town before dark.

I also recomend breakfast at Millers and stop in to see Randy at stewerts buggy shop...nice guy.

I read an article in Dirtwheels and they mentioned Stewerts shop. Definitely have to check it out. Hopefully not because i broke something on my quad but that always seems to happen lol

bencasey217
02-02-2012, 06:13 PM
I've seen people on fourwheelers filling them up at the gas stations in town, I think if you stay on the outer roads they don't really care. Is it your first time going to the Sand dunes?

MX MaNiAc 06
02-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Yep. Never rode dunes before. Just moved to Texas from PA

dunner250
02-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Yep. Never rode dunes before. Just moved to Texas from PA

You better do something about that!

Pipeless416
02-02-2012, 10:17 PM
i think there's maps that show which roads are actual atv routes. we have ridden to the gas station in town each time we've been there.

smr
02-03-2012, 06:17 AM
there is an orange stripe running down the roads you can ride on. (faded real bad last time I was there). You can ride right down town. You will figure it out once you get there.

TheLane
02-03-2012, 06:27 AM
Have fune man? you ever been to the dunes before?

bencasey217
02-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Yep. Never rode dunes before. Just moved to Texas from PA Oh well the dunes are amazing! You'll defiantly have fun. Night riding was probably the coolest thing to do.

MX MaNiAc 06
02-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by bencasey217
Oh well the dunes are amazing! You'll defiantly have fun. Night riding was probably the coolest thing to do.

My bike doesn't have lights but i kinda wanna climb some hills in my silverado.. Bad idea? It has 7k miles. Lol would the sand be rough on it?

bencasey217
02-04-2012, 07:50 PM
My bike doesn't have lights but i kinda wanna climb some hills in my silverado.. Bad idea? It has 7k miles. Lol would the sand be rough on it? Haha Yeah probably, I seen a couple of trucks out there, usually the driver was drunk or they where a baja truck. If you go in one entrance you can bypass all the dunes and get straight to the drag strip.

MX MaNiAc 06
02-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by bencasey217
Haha Yeah probably, I seen a couple of trucks out there, usually the driver was drunk or they where a baja truck. If you go in one entrance you can bypass all the dunes and get straight to the drag strip.

Anybody know the name of this entrance? Also what road its on

bencasey217
02-05-2012, 10:59 AM
I think it's like highway 281, and since you're coming from Texas it will be the first entrance you see, the south entrance, but most people don't camp at the south end cause I think there dry camps. If I where you I would try to camp at Dueces Wild, full hookups, we always go there, and I think its cheaper.