PDA

View Full Version : por15 or pc'ing?

lil400exman
03-02-2003, 12:14 PM
which one is stronger?For my new secret project i need a good coating that is strong price isnt a real huge factor but i dont want to spend like 600 buks on paint or pcing i need my frame swingarm hubs footpegs all done but 2 am just going with 2 simple colors to do them in so it wont be really hard to do so gimie your info on both id ya would pappy i want you to gimmie the low down on it (from meet the parents):p but thanks all i apprecite it......i really want to know which is stronger.........and better color like not fading and brighter too...............

tants
03-02-2003, 02:04 PM
powdercoat, no doubt

:D

Ride400
03-02-2003, 02:16 PM
powdercoat it, but por-15 is strong as hell. used it to repair many rotted floorboards in cars:D

lil400exman
03-02-2003, 02:18 PM
nice tants...............very nice i want you to see my quad when its done! i have gussets with the honda wing machined though it :devil it helps when your bro in law has a cnc machine i got those gussets with the wing to help under the seat my project is going to be unique to say the least........can you say green?!?!??!?!:eek2: green engine parts green hinson clutch plate green coolhead with green anodized head studs and bolts and anodized green mag cover its a kik butt quad i will get pictires when i am done..........:scary:

CBW
03-02-2003, 02:19 PM
i say powder it,,,,,,,,,,but i can do it for myself so i am a little biased...........:ermm:

As far as durability i have seen one thread with a "discussion" about it.......yes its tough,,and from years of experiance it could take days to get it back off even with stripper if you make a mistake,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but nothing is indestructable.

Any powder that has been clearcoated will be more durable and UV resistant........

I've never used POR15 so i dont know about color choices,,,,,,,,but i do know there are one heck of a lot of PC colors out there,,,,,,,,,,,and if you want bright you can always go Flourescent:p

lil400exman
03-02-2003, 02:20 PM
tanks for all the info i want full strength though its going to be my xc quad and i want good colorfast colors so you think por15 is stronger but powdercoat looks better?:confused:

tants
03-02-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
nice tants...............very nice i want you to see my quad when its done!

thanks man, pappy powdercoated it. i cant wait to see it in person. heres another pic...

CBW
03-02-2003, 02:27 PM
i powdered this frame, swing arm, a arms, pegs, steering stem, beadlock rings, cylinders, and some other small stuff,,,,,,,,,,,and it has a full year of MX on it,,,,,,,,,,,YES the a arms took some hits and they got some small pits...........

but the frame is as it just came out of the oven;)

lil400exman
03-02-2003, 02:33 PM
chris could you do a pcing job for me? arms frame hubs steering stem and swingarm? i want frame calipers and hubs in lime green with a layer of clear pc and the swingarm steering stem and arms in gloss black with a layer of clear how much would that run me?

CBW
03-02-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
chris could you do a pcing job for me? arms frame hubs steering stem and swingarm? i want frame calipers and hubs in lime green with a layer of clear pc and the swingarm steering stem and arms in gloss black with a layer of clear how much would that run me?

PM'ed ya......ya may not like the price........but thats how the cookie crumbles i guess

and i hope the a arms are aftermarket

Pappy
03-02-2003, 03:13 PM
chris is correct...ive used por15 on some small stuff..it works great on very ruff and rusty metal...but pc that sucka:p