PDA

View Full Version : baldwin cam?

upnorthridered
01-31-2012, 05:55 PM
i am building my trx450 for running xc races and i am looking at a new head that is ported and polished with a baldwin cam. Does anybody know what the baldwin cams are designed for more low to mid or more mid to high rpm power? i cant find much info on the cam

xcracer416
01-31-2012, 06:38 PM
you must be talking about the one on ebay. is it the 04/05?

mx Eli
01-31-2012, 07:21 PM
a quick search on google can give you good amount of knowledge on what duration and lift does for what rpms,
what are the specs on the cam?

upnorthridered
01-31-2012, 07:30 PM
i dont know what the specs are on the cam i was wondering if any one on here has ran one and what they thought.
yes it is the one on ebay seems like a decent deal it just depends if the cam would work for xc i want more low to mid power

DnB_racing
02-01-2012, 05:04 PM
on a 04 or 05 im not sure,

but on my 06 I had a baldwin cam, and the power delivery was very smooth and controllable, not really a low end cam, when the rpms are kept up it performed its best,

and I hated it!! I want arm ripping uncontrollable fall of the seat if not holding on type of hit,

for mx it would be great,its a fast cam that puts very smooth power to the ground without the tires breaking out and spinning wildly, but that's not what im looking for

MX450
02-01-2012, 08:11 PM
ive heard the baldwin cam is just an 02 crf cam, which is more mid to high. i put an 02 crf in my bike, i like it, but only other cam ive had is stock, so cant really compare to much.

upnorthridered
02-01-2012, 09:33 PM
well i am also bumping the compression up to 13to1 so that should give it a good low end and just all around more power

DnB_racing
02-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by upnorthridered
well i am also bumping the compression up to 13to1 so that should give it a good low end and just all around more power nope. I had high compression, also and it just wasnt hard hitting, dont get me wrong its a good cam but not a good low end cam

compared to the stage 2 that I had the year before it just seamed mild

upnorthridered
02-02-2012, 07:49 PM
thanks for the info i think i am going to get a stage two hotcam and have my head worked and revalved i think i will be happier with that