PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Emig vs Ricky Carmichael, the Showdown

Hondamaster5505
01-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Pretty interesting. Video on page.
http://www.mxlarge.com/video/6040-ricky-carmichael-versus-jeff-emig-the-showdown

madskrillz2
01-31-2012, 05:35 PM
I wish RC would make a partial come back. I miss seeing him ride. I always wonder how many more championships he had in him. Especially considering he won every race he entered during his 2007 partial seasons.

Hondamaster5505
01-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I wish RC would make a partial come back. I miss seeing him ride. I always wonder how many more championships he had in him. Especially considering he won every race he entered during his 2007 partial seasons.

Definitely one of my favorite riders. But even in the video you can see he's kind of fell off the pace these days. I mean im sure with a lot of seat time and practice he could still make a comeback and do good, but he will never be on Reed/Stewart/Dungey/Villopoto's level again. He's getting up in age now. But I could see him being like Kdub and always finishing within the top 10, maybe even top 5.

Ruby Soho
01-31-2012, 05:37 PM
agreed. i grew up watching rc. he was the man.

madskrillz2
01-31-2012, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Definitely one of my favorite riders. But even in the video you can see he's kind of fell off the pace these days. I mean im sure with a lot of seat time and practice he could still make a comeback and do good, but he will never be on Reed/Stewart/Dungey/Villopoto's level again. He's getting up in age now. But I could see him being like Kdub and always finishing within the top 10, maybe even top 5.

I doubt he was really on it and that track was pretty muddy. I honestly think if he was in shape he could still finish top 5. He just always surprised the hell out of me. A lot of people thought Suzuki was going to be his falling off and we all see what happened. Lol I doubt he has any motivation to get back in shape now though. I saw him in Atlanta last year and he looked like a chubby garden gnome walking around. I never realized how short he was until I saw him in person.

KingpinsEx
01-31-2012, 07:41 PM
I never realized how short he was until I saw him in person.

Hes not the only one, Steward and Villopoto are small too. Kind of like horse jockies, guess less weight they can go faster...

fastredrider44
02-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Wow, Ricky is outta shape! But I think he's probably still bad fast when he wants to be. He wasn't done when he retired. I was surprised to see Emig hangin in there. I wish there was another video showing all the old pros and what they're up to now.

KKiowaTJ
02-01-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm pretty sure RC4 could run with new guys. In alot of interviews he would even admit he didn't ride as hard as he could, Wasn't needed for the win. He has some un finished business on a bike IMO or just to shut some young mouths up.

He defiantly needs to hit the gym and drop the 30-40lbs he has gained since. Next time hes in the box, Look when he turns sideways, Has a big ol' beer gut now lol. Thats why he wears pin stripes and black alot and doesn't stand on his height leveling box as much, Mid section up.

If he did drop some weight and got some time on a bike again, He could very well be standing on the top. He has raced JS7 when JS was on top and fast and beat him, Reed was a brides maid to him reeds whole career until RC retired. It would be interesting to watch.

madskrillz2
02-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Hes not the only one, Steward and Villopoto are small too. Kind of like horse jockies, guess less weight they can go faster...

Oh I know but RC is a good two inches shorter than them. When he walked out from under the Suzuki rig he barely had to duck under the rope that roped off the pit lol

woodsracer144
02-02-2012, 09:36 AM

he was smart and quit on top...

SRH
02-02-2012, 10:48 AM
to me there is 3 riders who have changed the sport

mcgrath- took it more main stream

rc-----different attitude, new way of cornering

stewart---the scrub , new level of speed

it was interesting to see emig go up against rc, i think in there prime emig would have nothing at all for any of the rc era and newer riders....if you watch some of the old videos you see how the riders of the 90s were just starting to figure out supercross

i personally dont think rc would even come close to dominating with the speed of reed, stewart, and villopoto .....remember villopoto smoked carmichael in 07 at the des nations