PDA

View Full Version : works shocks adjustment (no ressies)

dirtyrooster
01-30-2012, 02:59 PM
I have a set of works shocks without ressies and was wondering how I adjust them. I weigh 175 and ride mostly trails and the local sand pit with an occasional trip to the track.

DragonGunner
01-31-2012, 02:10 PM
Did you buy them used? Works come from the factory set up for a certain quad, weight of that rider, an the type of riding being done. Are they in need of servicing, new oil an an such....tough question if you bought them used an set up for someone different.

To adjust them to a stiffer or lighter setting jack the quads front up. Take a big open end wrench an wrap duct tape on the open end. Place open end below the shock body between the spring onto the shaft an hold tight while you or a friend turn the shock spring putting tension an sliding on the wrench. Do this until enough pressure is released to remove the circlip above the very top spring. Place the circlip higher on a notch for softer ride. an down lower for a stiffer ride. But this will not change the springs, the springs you have on it may be for a 130 lb rider....tough to know what you got but thats the best I can tell you,...ride an adjust both shocks to your liking.

dirtyrooster
02-01-2012, 08:22 AM
yes i did buy them used and thanks for the info!