PDA

View Full Version : Warp9 radiator on Ebay

450madman
01-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Performance radiator for only $170 on Ebay. Anyone have one of these warp9 radiators?

D Bergstrom
02-01-2012, 09:11 AM
I saw those also. I was looking at one for my 700XX. I see the seller is in Vegas, thought about sending him a message to see if I could stop by and look one over before I bought it, just been to busy and haven't had a chance.

Other then seeing them on ebay, I have never heard of them. My guess is they are made in China, so who knows what the quality is like on them. Still for $170, I might try one out and keep an eye on it. Also, this is the only oversize radiator I have been able to find for a 700XX, another reason I may try one.

If I do end up looking at the 700XX one, I will post my thoughts on it.

Doug

DoonRider
02-01-2012, 09:21 AM
I noticed the warp9 website didn't show one for the 250R so that made me a little leery too. It would be nice to get a picture of one from them.

250Renvy
02-01-2012, 12:47 PM
I don't know why they don't post pics of the actual item.

Doug if you do go look at it, see if you can take a pic and share.

D Bergstrom
02-01-2012, 01:27 PM
After my last post, I did a little research on the seller. Looks like they are the buyers of a long time shop here in Vegas that closed a while back, looks like they reopened the place. It is a pretty small place, my guess is they don't actually stock them, they are just a supplier and they get drop shipped from whoever does have them. Therfore, can't take an actual picture of one.

I plan on sending them a message when I get home later this evening. I noticed they have a 14 day return policy. Maybe I will take a chance and order one, if I don't like what I see, I will send it back.

Doug

450madman
02-01-2012, 11:34 PM
I ended up with a C&R radiator off of Ebay. Good luck guys.

D Bergstrom
02-03-2012, 10:15 PM
So contacted the seller and got a reply. As I thought, they don't stock these, they are drop shipped from a supplier after you order. He did say they have a set on a dirt bike of this brand in their shop and I could stop by and take a look at those if I wanted. Planned on stopping by today, but got busy and couldn't make it. So I just said screw it and ordered a TRX700XX radiator from them earlier this evening. I will post some pics once I get it and let eveyone know what I think.

Doug

D Bergstrom
03-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Figured I would give an update. I did end up ordering one of these radiators for my TRX700XX. Took a couple of weeks to get here, then i had to send it back. More on that in a minute.

First off, it did look like a decent radiator. (Sorry, I didn't get a pic before I sent it back.) Well made with good welds. It was a little "rougher" looking then some of the high dollar rads, but still looked like it would function just fine. By rougher I mean it just didn't look like they did anything with the aluminum at all, basically just welded it together how it comes to them, no finishing of the surface.

I would say the tanks themselves are about the same size as a good over size radiator, but the core itself was a little thinner then the tanks were wide, but was still thicker then stock. Stock core on a 700XX is about 26mm wide, while the Warp 9 was about 35mm. The tanks themselves were as wide as the tanks on the PWR radiator I have in my 450R.

I had to send it back though because it wouldn't fit. The 700XX has a little different mounting then a 250R. (If you have seen a 450R, it is pretty much the same as that.) The bottom has two pegs that fit into rubber gromments in the frame, while the top has two tabs on the radiator with a rubber gromment, sleeve, and bolt in each that mounts to the frame. Well, the holes in the tabs at the top were off by about 3/8", so I couldn't get the bolt through them to attach the radiator. Seller was very good about letting me return it, and gave me a full refund. Since they are in Vegas, I just stopped by and dropped it off at their shop. They offered to get me another one to try, but I have been waiting to finish assembling the motor on my 700XX, and didn't want to loose anymore time.

Overall, if I was in the market for a oversize radiator for my 450R or 250R, I would probably give them another shot, for the price, it did look like a good radiator. I would hope the one I got was just a fluke. Next time I pull my 700XX down, I may just try another. Now if I get two that don't fit, then I will be done!

Doug

jhtrx250r
03-03-2012, 10:00 PM
I saw that on ebay as well, thanks for the info.