PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Renew??

blacknblue#2
01-30-2012, 06:53 AM
Anyone ever use the plastic renew product on rockymountain. If not does anyone know of a good compound that maybe i could pick up at the parts store that might do good on polishing old plastic?? My 250R plastic is in sad shape. I started some sanding on it yesterday. I treated it like a car body. Started rough and worked my way down to fine emory cloth. I spent 3 hours on one piece but it showed improvement, but im still not happy. I know their 23 yr old plastic and aint gonna look new but i at least want them ti have some shine. Any suggestions on a good compound body guys?? here is a look at the little progress i made

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/aerospac/fender.jpg

dakotademon7
01-30-2012, 07:10 AM
I use Mothers wheel polish on mine. Works great. Also great to clean up dull plastic headlights.

blacknblue#2
01-30-2012, 10:41 AM
thanks man ill try that!! I got some of that in the garage but never thought about trying it. I was thinking it was strictly aluminum polish

dakotademon7
01-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
thanks man ill try that!! I got some of that in the garage but never thought about trying it. I was thinking it was strictly aluminum polish

I've used it to clean the plastics on my quad ,dull headlight lenses, scratched CD's and game disc's.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Plastic Renew sucks. Only solution I've found is buy new plastics.

blacknblue#2
01-30-2012, 01:23 PM
i want to try to stick with oem plastic. The rear are in good solid shape and never been trimmed. New oem plastis is obsolete and if you find a nice set you will give in the thousand dollar range for them

HondaRacing83
01-30-2012, 02:09 PM
I read in the 400ex section about wetsanding and polishing your plastics works great and makes them like new, look in there and search and youll find the thread. it was buy BudweiserRebel or something, seems legit and I'd give it a try

madskrillz2
01-30-2012, 05:24 PM
I've heard the plastic renew makes plastic look great for a few weeks. After that, it looks worse than it did before the plastic renew. Haven't personally tried it but it seems like everyone that has says the same thing. I've always used cerama bryte on stuff that doesn't want to come off. It's a ceramic cook top cleaner. Sounds crazy but it's always worked for me. Sometimes you have to scrub for awhile but it always seems to do the job.

steve181
02-01-2012, 09:43 PM
since its white..... use a magic eraser, no sanding needed