PDA

View Full Version : This world

HondaRacing83
01-29-2012, 05:53 PM
2 kids I go to school with made the news. I was alright friends with the one, well they both stole a truck and got chased from meadville to franklin by cops. remind you im in 8th grade. who does that? ages 14 to 15. and this stuff is regular in this town. they both had quite the history, with being on house arrest and probation. theres always kids getting busted with alcohol and weed in school, or smoking outside school. whats this world come to? what goes through theres parents head? theyve both been suspended expelled saturday detentions etc. i dont get it. they both run around town doin whatever. im glad i love out in the country.

CJM
01-29-2012, 05:58 PM
I say its lack of adequate parenting. When I was that age discipline was stiff and quick, you stepped outta line you got your arse beat.

Todays parents are softies, partially at fault is family/child services who basically made people believe smacking your child around (within reason) is totally wrong.

I mean Im only 26 and trust me, kids didnt act like that when i was in the 8th grade.

HondaRacing83
01-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I say its lack of adequate parenting. When I was that age discipline was stiff and quick, you stepped outta line you got your arse beat.

Todays parents are softies, partially at fault is family/child services who basically made people believe smacking your child around (within reason) is totally wrong.

I mean Im only 26 and trust me, kids didnt act like that when i was in the 8th grade. Theres all kinds of kids like that to. There has been atleast 7kids on house arrest and around 30 on probation. 1 is in rehab right now, and I'm in 8th grade and only 14?! Seriously! The worst thing thats ever happened to me was a detention here and there in school for something stupid. My parents are the type that if I step outta line once I will get thrown in military school or something. Plus I know better. I've got plans for a career and a juvenile record a mile wrong does not fit in. Same with the kids failing, I'm grounded for bad grades. So I keep mine up. The kids also crashed the truck in the high speed pursuit. It was stolen from vernon township. Which is the area I live in.

beastlywarrior
01-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Jeez what kind of place is meadville

Tommy Warren
01-29-2012, 06:36 PM
i was really wild back in the day as well but eventually they'll learn to grow up or go to jail....thankfully i grew up....so to speak

Ruby Soho
01-29-2012, 06:41 PM
theres always bad apples in every town. just kids who didnt get any discipline. if nobody tells u no, or u cant do something, whats going to stop you from growing up with the attitude of "i can do whatever i want"

finsteratv
01-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
theres always bad apples in every town. just kids who didnt get any discipline. if nobody tells u no, or u cant do something, whats going to stop you from growing up with the attitude of "i can do whatever i want" Intelligence and focus! my parents let me do what i want usually but still keep me in check..they let me do stuff and dont say no because they trust me...muwhahaha..

HondaRacing83
01-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
Intelligence and focus! my parents let me do what i want usually but still keep me in check..they let me do stuff and dont say no because they trust me...muwhahaha.. My parents let me do what I want as long as I'm not out smoking weed or getting drunk. I've got a good family, they trust me for the most part. I go to the movies and hangout with friends, I go Ice skating with friends, I stay at friends houses. My parents wont let me go to a friends house if they dont know them though. Thank god for them or else I'd be staying at these kids houses. I try to stay away from the crowd because there is alot of drugs. But they are all so stupid and I'm buying stuff off them and selling it for double? So I talk to them but dont really hang out. I've got my best friends that I hang out with and I got people I associate with and buy stuff off. My best friends ride and hunt, and dont live in town..

audioworks04
01-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Agree the world is going crazy and its all because people are scared that if they discipline their kids that people will see it as abuse, or they are just lazy. People need to learn that discipline and abuse are way different, kids have to learn, and if they arent scared of the punishment, then what good is the punishment doing?

HondaRacing83
01-29-2012, 07:56 PM
There is a difference between getting beat and abused and disciplinning and giving punishment for wrong doing.

ben300
01-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
Jeez what kind of place is meadville

a dump

250x_kyle
01-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by ben300
a dump

just like most of oil city

ben300
01-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
just like most of oil city

DEFINITELY!

dont forget franklin and tightassville while your at it

HondaRacing83
01-30-2012, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
Jeez what kind of place is meadville weedville

ben300
01-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
weedville

dont act all high and mighty son....some 45% of the US population smokes dope, and even more than that boozes on a regular basis

if this bothers you that much and your in jr high, then you best not go to college, cause every one there smokes dope, boozes, and fornicates on a regular basis.........or you could just go to grovecity college or some weslyn (spl?) methodist school

HondaRacing83
01-30-2012, 02:06 PM
dont act all high and mighty son....some 45% of the US population smokes dope, and even more than that boozes on a regular basis

if this bothers you that much and your in jr high, then you best not go to college, cause every one there smokes dope, boozes, and fornicates on a regular basis.........or you could just go to grovecity college or some weslyn (spl?) methodist school Haha I've learned to let it go I just don't hang out with people that smoke. Drinkings a regular thing, its whatever not a big deal. Weed IMHO is stupid to do it alot but whatever its there choice.

Tommy Warren
01-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Drinkings a regular thing, its whatever not a big deal. Weed IMHO is stupid to do it alot but whatever its there choice.

right.... cause weed makes your vision blurry causing you to crash a car into a daycare centre.......:rolleyes:

ben300
01-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
right.... cause weed makes your vision blurry causing you to crash a car into a daycare centre.......:rolleyes:

+100000000

MX MaNiAc 06
01-30-2012, 06:32 PM

if this bothers you that much and your in jr high, then you best not go to college, cause every one there smokes dope, boozes, and fornicates on a regular basis.........or you could just go to grovecity college or some weslyn (spl?) methodist school

I dated a chick for a year and a half that went to Grove City college. Ick. They actually have parties there. Yeah, guess how fun that is hahaha

Meadville is a crappy town. Lot of trash there.. Everyone ive ever met drinks constantly, cant trust them and they all sleep with eachothers girls. Any dude that has a gf all their buddies have been there done that. Its gross lol

ben300
01-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
I dated a chick for a year and a half that went to Grove City college. Ick. They actually have parties there. Yeah, guess how fun that is hahaha

Meadville is a crappy town. Lot of trash there.. Everyone ive ever met drinks constantly, cant trust them and they all sleep with eachothers girls. Any dude that has a gf all their buddies have been there done that. Its gross lol

dude..thats just small town USA, haha.....conneaut lake is fun tho, haha

Tommy Warren
01-30-2012, 07:35 PM
women are like joints....if you don't pass them around they burn out and get all stinky

250x_kyle
01-30-2012, 08:29 PM
DEFINITELY!

dont forget franklin and tightassville while your at it

i work in franklin i make sure the cars locked when i go in lol.

ben300
01-31-2012, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
i work in franklin i make sure the cars locked when i go in lol.

where do you work at in franklin?

i work in franklin as well

250x_kyle
01-31-2012, 02:32 PM
pm sent

MX MaNiAc 06
01-31-2012, 04:33 PM
Franklins right down the street from me. lol Were all from the same neck of the woods

HondaRacing83
01-31-2012, 04:38 PM
im just like north of franklin haha

Ruby Soho
01-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Intelligence and focus! my parents let me do what i want usually but still keep me in check..they let me do stuff and dont say no because they trust me...muwhahaha..

yeah, as do my parents. i never had a curfew, never had any rules except to not drive home drunk. but when your little is when it counts. you can see it in any spoiled kid. you know damn well when you hear a kid cuss at his parents or dis respect them, that when he/she was young mommy and daddy didnt put them in their place. it just grows from there and by the time they get to be a teenager they just don't give a **** about anything or anyone.

finsteratv
01-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
yeah, as do my parents. i never had a curfew, never had any rules except to not drive home drunk. but when your little is when it counts. you can see it in any spoiled kid. you know damn well when you hear a kid cuss at his parents or dis respect them, that when he/she was young mommy and daddy didnt put them in their place. it just grows from there and by the time they get to be a teenager they just don't give a **** about anything or anyone. couldnt of said it better

CJM
01-31-2012, 06:46 PM
You youngins got it easy. Kids are outta control these days due to lack of control of them by parents-or should I say friends (which is what alot of parents these days are!)

When I was a kid we lived in times where it was ok to discipline your kids with slapping or smacking thier rear end. I was a particularly bad kid and this often happened to me-oh and of course a belt was used from time to time as well. Good luck even thinking about that today. btw I dont believe that time out bs works and I was also punished by being sent to sit in the living room-not my room. My room had toys,t he living room had nothing.

I had to be home at 10 till I was 21, I was not given anything really except for holidays and essential things. Yea my parents bought me toys and other stuff, but not liek kids todays who get so much crap its not even funny. At 12 it was decided I would be responsible for all yard maintenance and had to maintain my lawn and yard. All that meant was I made 20 bucks a week allowance. Did I mention we owned 3 acres of grass, did I mention my dad doesnt liek ride on mowers and I had a 2ft wide push mower? Id also like to say I did this for nothing for years helping him too.

At 14 I was made to get a real job, I got to get the job my dad picked-foodstore butcher shop (they had a full service butcher shop at this store). I wouldnt have minded being a stocker or something but the advantage was it paid alot more to be a butcher asst.

By 16 I had a better job and so on and so on.

Sorry /rant off.

Kids these days got it way to easy imho and this totally contributes to the problems we are experiencing in society with kids. I am sure there are many good kids, but for every good one there is probably 5+ bad ones.

ben300
01-31-2012, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Franklins right down the street from me. lol Were all from the same neck of the woods

ya, there are definitely a few members from our little area of the wold on this site..

250x_kyle.....reply sent

finsteratv
01-31-2012, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by CJM
You youngins got it easy. Kids are outta control these days due to lack of control of them by parents-or should I say friends (which is what alot of parents these days are!)

When I was a kid we lived in times where it was ok to discipline your kids with slapping or smacking thier rear end. I was a particularly bad kid and this often happened to me-oh and of course a belt was used from time to time as well. Good luck even thinking about that today. btw I dont believe that time out bs works and I was also punished by being sent to sit in the living room-not my room. My room had toys,t he living room had nothing.

I had to be home at 10 till I was 21, I was not given anything really except for holidays and essential things. Yea my parents bought me toys and other stuff, but not liek kids todays who get so much crap its not even funny. At 12 it was decided I would be responsible for all yard maintenance and had to maintain my lawn and yard. All that meant was I made 20 bucks a week allowance. Did I mention we owned 3 acres of grass, did I mention my dad doesnt liek ride on mowers and I had a 2ft wide push mower? Id also like to say I did this for nothing for years helping him too.

At 14 I was made to get a real job, I got to get the job my dad picked-foodstore butcher shop (they had a full service butcher shop at this store). I wouldnt have minded being a stocker or something but the advantage was it paid alot more to be a butcher asst.

Sorry /rant off.

Kids these days got it way to easy imho and this totally contributes to the problems we are experiencing in society with kids. I am sure there are many good kids, but for every good one there is probably 5+ bad ones.
I have memories from my early years of my dad pulling me out of the car crying on the side of the highway and spanking me..haha..i learned to just take it like a man as i got older. Thats when 1st stage of manhood began to set in. No crying over physical pain. haha

Tommy Warren
01-31-2012, 08:41 PM
I got the wooden stick when I was bad and the dish soap when I swore..... I still don't swear in front of them:o

CJM
01-31-2012, 08:49 PM
^ My upbringing was quite similar to you both. Soap tastes horrible btw..

250x_kyle
01-31-2012, 08:53 PM
big wooden spoon always set me strait. :eek:

HondaRacing83
02-01-2012, 05:04 AM
ive never swore at my parents. sure ill be out in the garage doing something and smash my hand and swear and my dad will look att me, then laugh. when i was little i got the wooden spoon. i stopped crying around 5th grade. i wasnt really that bad as a kid either though. or theyd take away my little scrambler 50, i couldnt live without that so that straightened me out. it was mainly mom that would take me into the bathroom of somehwere and spank me if i was bad. for getting hit on the but, it hurt. i feel bad for woman

ben300
02-01-2012, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by CJM
^ My upbringing was quite similar to you both. Soap tastes horrible btw..

pussies.....i used to take soap and shred it up as cheese on my tacco's and quesedillas! :devil:

CJM
02-01-2012, 03:32 PM
pussies.....i used to take soap and shred it up as cheese on my tacco's and quesedillas! :devil:

Ill believe that when pigs fly ben!

toby400ex
02-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by CJM

Sorry /rant off.

Dunno how old you are but I did the yard work and what not for $10 a week and started working at 14. I bought my first brand new quad at age 13. I had debt at 13! WTF!

CJM
02-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Dunno how old you are but I did the yard work and what not for $10 a week and started working at 14. I bought my first brand new quad at age 13. I had debt at 13! WTF!

Thats pretty impressive, I never made enough cash to do that till later on and my parents never would cosign for something like an atv.

Drfat400ex
02-04-2012, 04:49 PM
The problem is that they don't work. Working gives them responsibility, and they have to make their own money. Just got to remember to stay away from them kids, I got smacked and stuff whatever, swearing was never an issue with my dad just not around my mom. My 10 year old brother will cuss them out all the time and they buy him everything. I'm worried about him but he's normally good when I'm in charge. :grr:

HondaRacing83
02-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Drfat400ex
The problem is that they don't work. Working gives them responsibility, and they have to make their own money. Just got to remember to stay away from them kids, I got smacked and stuff whatever, swearing was never an issue with my dad just not around my mom. My 10 year old brother will cuss them out all the time and they buy him everything. I'm worried about him but he's normally good when I'm in charge. :grr: I work all summer long. I'm 14 and finally got my working papers and am putting in an application at the local mexican resaurant just like 5 miles away. expect me to save half my money, then blow the rest. so i see a dirtbike, pitbike, 400ex, and 450r sitting in my barn by the time i move out of that house in 4 years. In the fall im busy as hell cutting wood for my grandparents. they pay me well, about $60 a day for about 5 hours of work. plus she makes me a sandwich. i started really saving my woodcutting money this year, then got christmas money and i had a little over $700 and it all went to my dad, so he could order me quad parts off the inernet. i actually have like $200 left and an xbox and a few ipods to sell though

finsteratv
02-04-2012, 10:07 PM
I work all summer long. I'm 14 and finally got my working papers and am putting in an application at the local mexican resaurant just like 5 miles away. expect me to save half my money, then blow the rest. so i see a dirtbike, pitbike, 400ex, and 450r sitting in my barn by the time i move out of that house in 4 years. In the fall im busy as hell cutting wood for my grandparents. they pay me well, about $60 a day for about 5 hours of work. plus she makes me a sandwich. i started really saving my woodcutting money this year, then got christmas money and i had a little over $700 and it all went to my dad, so he could order me quad parts off the inernet. i actually have like $200 left and an xbox and a few ipods to sell though You lucky sob i get 40 for logging all day during summer, 8 to 9 hour days and i only make 40 if i "work really hard and run saw".... But its kinda like lifting weights for 8 hours so i get a lil pumped haha

CJM
02-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Ya'll gonna really hate when I tell you how much I get paid.

I get 100+ bucks a day, and commission and if people tip me I make more of course. I get paid hourly, my job is to sit and wait in my service truck for calls for service-I get none I get paid to sit on my arse. But its boring, I sat for a good 5 hours tonight out of the 9 I worked. Cant go home, cant sit in a building to much either b/c the stupid work phone (stupid sprint) doesnt get signal.

However it took me a good bit of time to get a job like this and of course like anything else there are draw backs. Before this I worked quite a few different jobs and wasnt paid all that well. When I was a kid I had to landscape my whole house for 3 summers cause I was to young to get a real job. I mean pro landscape, rock walls, planting beds, mulch, rocks, trees etc. All to the tune of 5 bucks an hour.

Workings not bad, wtf else you gonna do but goof off if your not at work? Although I dont like pulling long hours sometimes, at least it takes up the time Id spend sitting around doing much of nothing.

finsteratv
02-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Ya'll gonna really hate when I tell you how much I get paid.

I get 100+ bucks a day, and commission and if people tip me I make more of course. I get paid hourly, my job is to sit and wait in my service truck for calls for service-I get none I get paid to sit on my arse. But its boring, I sat for a good 5 hours tonight out of the 9 I worked. Cant go home, cant sit in a building to much either b/c the stupid work phone (stupid sprint) doesnt get signal.

However it took me a good bit of time to get a job like this and of course like anything else there are draw backs. Before this I worked quite a few different jobs and wasnt paid all that well. When I was a kid I had to landscape my whole house for 3 summers cause I was to young to get a real job. I mean pro landscape, rock walls, planting beds, mulch, rocks, trees etc. All to the tune of 5 bucks an hour.

Workings not bad, wtf else you gonna do but goof off if your not at work? Although I dont like pulling long hours sometimes, at least it takes up the time Id spend sitting around doing much of nothing. sir, you are a grown man. you better be making money! you have bills of which we dont haha

CJM
02-04-2012, 11:13 PM
sir, you are a grown man. you better be making money! you have bills of which we dont haha

Would you believe I only work 3 days a week right now? When Im not in school I usually work 4-6 day/wk.

Trust me I aint getting rich doing it, but it pays my measly bills. I pay for half the cable service (mostly the internet), my car/atv insurance, phone bill, thats bout it. I dont pay I rent Im the resident handymans o I gotta fix whatever breaks instead and do the chores. But Im smart, I live at home and not out somewhere-not worth it imho b/c of the cost round here. I strive to finally get my degree and move out. Chances are Ill have to come back, most apartments/condos dont have garages and I got ALOT of crap to store lol.

You guys will get there one day, in my younger days I would work any job I could find for cash really. One summer I worked in a foodstore butcher shop, told the guy I wanted to buy a computer and of course back then a nice one was 3k. He put me on illegally (I was 15) for 60hrs a week and while it was the most disgusting job it paid ok at the time and I not only saved for the pc I saved for a car too. Had I kept at that job I coulda been a butcher making 23/hr and working like 3 days a week. But man do you smell when you work a job like that lol..

Ruby Soho
02-05-2012, 07:05 AM
ive done my fair share of jobs as well lol. started at a power equipment shop, to a bike shop, to a powersports dealer, to a plant and tree place, to landscaping, to electrician, to carpenter and now i finally fell into the family business being an ironworker lol. the more knowledge experience the merrier the way i see it.

HondaRacing83
02-05-2012, 10:40 AM
i found myself doing a lot of landscaping to in the summer? haha i didnt even realize. id have nothing to do at all when my parents were at work in the summer time. my mom would give me 20bucks for cleaning the house. i tried doing that everyday, that didnt fly :( lol. my mom hates the basement, so i clean that because i really dont care. and when i literally had nothing to do, no work, nothing, id go practice soccer or go build stuff in the woods. im always up to doing something for money! or onetime i helped my grandpa for a weekend and he gave me his old t maxx, i love that thing! i probably put just as many hours on my dads compact tractor this summer doing my own thing than he did mowing.

finsteratv
02-06-2012, 05:56 PM
i found myself doing a lot of landscaping to in the summer? haha i didnt even realize. id have nothing to do at all when my parents were at work in the summer time. my mom would give me 20bucks for cleaning the house. i tried doing that everyday, that didnt fly :( lol. my mom hates the basement, so i clean that because i really dont care. and when i literally had nothing to do, no work, nothing, id go practice soccer or go build stuff in the woods. im always up to doing something for money! or onetime i helped my grandpa for a weekend and he gave me his old t maxx, i love that thing! i probably put just as many hours on my dads compact tractor this summer doing my own thing than he did mowing. I made a sled to pull behind our little john deere so i could cut the grass and instead of bagging it i would take turns with my brother pulling echother through it haha..that was when we arent building a new fort, playing airsoft or shooting target arrows into the air haha some of the stuff we do when we're bored..i cant even start..haha

CJM
02-06-2012, 06:24 PM
^ I miss being able to goof off in the summer.

We used to build forts, go swimming, play games, whatever we could come up with.

HondaRacing83
02-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Lucky, Sometimes I almost wish i had an older or younger brother to goof around with. I'm an only child, home alone from morning till like 3 in the afternoon. Only thing i can do is like walk a mile to a buddies