PDA

View Full Version : oil

bulldog222
01-29-2012, 05:20 PM
i know theres alot of different opinions on this just curoius what everyone runs and benefits if any from each brand

nzraptor
02-01-2012, 11:32 PM
we have always used motul products from minis all the way up to our 450. Everyone has their opinion this is ours

ccdhowell
02-02-2012, 11:09 AM
I use Amsoil in all my quads, race and utility, this includes our Raptor 125. It is a great oil, I am doing more than guessing, I know it will protect the engine and not shear out of grade; I have done quite a few used oil analysis checks to make sure the oil I use is actually doing what I want it to inside the engine. I use Rotella T 15w40 for break-in on new engines and switch over to Amsoil after about 6 hours of run time.

bulldog222
02-02-2012, 06:32 PM
thanks for the info guys gives me a little more to think about i know yamalube is decent but i will not go into our local yamaha shop waste of time no parts in stock ever and takes forever if you do buy something i was thinking amsoil what weights do you guys run

mxdad423
02-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Valvoline 4T Stroke is the only oil that will go into our race engines, we brake in with the 4T Stroke non synthetic and switch over to the 4T Stroke synthetic once we completed our break in process, we ran 18 races on our Rage 250 engine last year and never had to touch it other than adjusting the valves once and when we sent it back to Dee to get it freshened up for this year, he said everything still looked like new inside. The Valvoline has in the oil what you need, trust me, I did alot of research on this before we decided what to run in it, and I am ABSOLUTLEY impressed with the results.

Kevin Smitley

ccdhowell
02-03-2012, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by bulldog222
thanks for the info guys gives me a little more to think about i know yamalube is decent but i will not go into our local yamaha shop waste of time no parts in stock ever and takes forever if you do buy something i was thinking amsoil what weights do you guys run

Motorcycle 10w40 in everything.

MX Jeff
02-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Motul 7100, Amsoil & Rotella. These are all excellent oils. I usually use which ever one I get the best deal on. I buy by the case.

EJ Racing 07
04-19-2012, 08:15 PM
So where are you boys finding this Valvoline 4T Stroke oil at?? I have looked everywhere and no one stocks it. Is there a site I can order it? Also what weight you running?

gistmarrs
04-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Shell Rotella T diesel engine oil. Why? It's cheap and was recommended to me by two great atv mechanics.

mxdad423
04-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by EJ Racing 07
So where are you boys finding this Valvoline 4T Stroke oil at?? I have looked everywhere and no one stocks it. Is there a site I can order it? Also what weight you running?

It can be hard to find, believe it or not, my local wal mart stocks it, it's not with the oils though, they keep it in the aisle with the bungy straps. Also my local Advanced Auto Stocks it also. If you can't find it anywhere let me know and if you want I can get it for you here and ship it to you if it will help. Let me know.

Kevin Smitley

vondeister
05-08-2012, 08:31 AM
we used the Yamalube Racing oil, for 3 race seasons with no issure in our High HP RAGE motor, just changed it after every race.

ccdhowell
05-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Was that the 15w30 weight?

I just started using the 15w30 weight, so far so good.