View Full Version : Oakland SX

madskrillz2
01-29-2012, 03:42 PM
FINALLY is all I have to say. I didn't get to see the coverage because my DVR for some reason didn't catch it. I really don't care to watch the CBS coverage anyway. How did the race go for anyone that watched?

BlasterEaten250
01-29-2012, 04:27 PM
The CBS coverage was a lot better than it has been. Still not as good as Speed's coverage but it seems like they are listening to the complaints. To me this race proved that Villopoto isn't as fast as we all originially thought and Stewart still has it.

KKiowaTJ
01-29-2012, 04:32 PM
JS7 #1

He just showed why he is the fastest on dirt. There was nobody around to challenge, When they got close, he stepped it up a notch.

But can he keep the momentum going and stop taking soil samples is whats going to be good.
That and I'm glad the paper champ dungy is gonna share the red plate next week until it goes back to the rightful owner.

K-dub had a great ride as well, IIRC 6th? But he was flying in the heat race. Hope to see him get a win this year. But lots of racing to go so its anyones championship this year.

300ex_#387
01-30-2012, 05:14 AM
CBS coverage was great! Got to watch both heat races which were excellent. I was most suprised by how RV fell off the pace a little after it looked like he was much faster than anyone. Stewart rode great. Put in 20 laps with very few mistakes.

XCRacer236
01-30-2012, 07:25 AM
First time in 5 years I haven't seen Lawn Dart go down from all the pressure RV and CR were giving him. Couldn't believe RV fell off the pace half way through the main. I am thinking he is/was probably sick and kept it under wraps. Props to RD for 4th after the bad start!

300ex_#387
01-30-2012, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by XCRacer236
First time in 5 years I haven't seen Lawn Dart go down from all the pressure RV and CR were giving him. Couldn't believe RV fell off the pace half way through the main. I am thinking he is/was probably sick and kept it under wraps. Props to RD for 4th after the bad start!

Reed didn't really put any pressure on James. RV defently put some pressure on him but he did great.

Judging by your posts your not a Bubba fan are you?

FHKracingZ
01-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Lol first time in 5 years? are you kiding me? This is the same stewart who just 3 years ago went undefeated outdors and won 11 out of 18 sx's. rv2 and stewart have hit the dirt the same amount of times this year. reed went down to. JGR is getting that yamaha more dialed each week and stewart is very dangerous with momentum, same as rv2.

The biggest thing we should all be talking about is 4 weeks / 4 different winnners, thats awesome. If TC41 was healthy we could have 5/5. A great season to be a sx fan!

Yfz245
01-30-2012, 12:31 PM
First off, props to Stuart for winning and I have nothing against him but I think reed and rv knew he had his head in the game this past weekend so they didn't challenge him for the win. Reed rv and dungey all know how to settle for a top 5 finish instead of crashing trying to win 1 race, because they are there for the championship.

Stuart is getting better at that, so it should be a good season ahead

SRH
01-30-2012, 02:10 PM
oh yeah villpoto was secretly sick :rolleyes:

it was nice to see stewart and reed open up a gap on villopoto

XCRacer236
01-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Lol first time in 5 years? are you kiding me? This is the same stewart who just 3 years ago went undefeated outdors and won 11 out of 18 sx's.

And his competition was who???

SRH just like a few others on here, all respect for you was lost.

And no, I hate Stewart.

madskrillz2
01-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by XCRacer236

And no, I hate Stewart.

Uh his biggest rival Chad Reed who won the SX title the year before? Lol and if you're trying to discredit a perfect MX season by saying he had no competition you're crazy. So I guess Ricky Carmichael's perfect seasons aren't anything special either since he "had no competition"? Give me a break. A rider can't help that they're the best in the world. And what is it with everyone and this "respect" crap lately? I mean it is a forum what do you expect? People are gonna disagree so get over it.

FHKracingZ
01-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Lol I really laugh at how serious people get on these forums.

Chad Reed was spanking everybody this past year at outdoors till his crash at millville. Yes that includes, rv and dungey.

Everybody is so quick to point out when stewart messes up yet reed and rv2 have went down this season. Everybody knows that when stewart is on he is extremely hard to beat.

I personally like stewart because his always win attitude. The dude straight up puts its all on the line everytime he on the track. If your any kind of a racer or fan you have to RESPECT that.

SRH
01-30-2012, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by XCRacer236

And no, I hate Stewart. [/QUOTE

stop being a fag

SRH
01-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Lol I really laugh at how serious people get on these forums.

Chad Reed was spanking everybody this past year at outdoors till his crash at millville. Yes that includes, rv and dungey.

Everybody is so quick to point out when stewart messes up yet reed and rv2 have went down this season. Everybody knows that when stewart is on he is extremely hard to beat.

I personally like stewart because his always win attitude. The dude straight up puts its all on the line everytime he on the track. If your any kind of a racer or fan you have to RESPECT that.

agreed

Wills77
01-30-2012, 05:07 PM
gotta have the respect

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kY90TYGk5rY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

madskrillz2
01-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Wills77
respect

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kY90TYGk5rY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haha man I miss this Adam Sandler.

rf928
01-30-2012, 06:28 PM
I was very impressed as far as stewart rode. I think he found the grove between very fast, and in full control (please don't spark an argument over that).

Reed just couldn't seem to do it.

Dungey is fast. Thats plainly simple. I think a lot of people would become very quiet if he won the championship.

Gained some respect for stewart. He is still a fast kid!

300ex_#387
01-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by SRH
[QUOTE]Originally posted by XCRacer236

And no, I hate Stewart. [/QUOTE

stop being a fag

Freaking.......Hilarious. I literally lol'd.

You have my respect....not that im important like him or anything.

Lasher
01-31-2012, 08:38 AM
Here is what I saw in the race (loved seeing both heat races)

Stewert was dialed in. He looked very comfortable (finally) on the track. Why? Who knows..but if it keeps up look out. I mean, he opened a 4 second lead on Reed.

Reed is the man. Since he started his own team I have seen a change in his riding/attitude. He is fast, but just not as fast as Stewert that night.

Villipoto is fast but he could not safely used that speed and settled for 3rd. Once Reed shut the door, that was it. And I don't think he would have caught James at the end of the race.

Dungy was ok. Not a great start and he could not catch up the leaders on the track. Looks like he needs a good start to be up front.

Overall, great racing this season but if James keeps on riding comfortable as he did in Oakland, I think he will go on a win streak.

madskrillz2
01-31-2012, 03:39 PM
I like the end of this video and hearing how excited he was. Seems like that was a lot of pressure off him. At least I hope lol. It's crazy seeing how close they get in corners too. The GoPro puts a whole new perspective on that.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7dRATu416JU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SRH
02-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I like the end of this video and hearing how excited he was. Seems like that was a lot of pressure off him. At least I hope lol. It's crazy seeing how close they get in corners too. The GoPro puts a whole new perspective on that.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7dRATu416JU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yeah he banged some elbows with andrew short lol

btw id just like to say, if you hate james stewart, get your head checked

if you have more favorite rider cool, but you gotta appreciate his attitude and ability on the bike , he changed the way people ride dirtbikes

jrspawn
02-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Well.... I guess everyone gets lucky sometime:devil: :blah:

Man this season is going to be crazy!

All joking aside, it was good to see Stewart bring home a win after the passing of his friend/mechanic.