PDA

View Full Version : water pump cover problems

mike#187
01-29-2012, 12:36 AM
i have a 2011 mxr 90 and put the stage 6 pvl in and ever since then i cant get the waterpump housing to slide over the rubber grommets that are on the mag and the bolts back out everytime my son rides it and it over heats. any help would be nice.

jerkyboy
01-29-2012, 05:47 AM
Use loctite on the gromet studs and applie a little grease to the grommets. As for the overheating sounds like its air bound. When you get the cover back on take the clamp off the upper hose on the water pump and wiggle the hose off slowly till fluid starts to come out. This will let the air out of the pump housing, there is also a bleader screw on the top of the cylinder.

FISH ON!
01-29-2012, 07:57 AM
I assuming you have the adapter plate on our you would never even get the water cover to go. When to get the cover on, look through the front where the plastic cover is and check the position of those rubber grommets. Some times the adapter plate used for the stage 6 PVL has the gromments extending all the way through the plastic wheel and the fling off easy.

Originally posted by mike#187
i have a 2011 mxr 90 and put the stage 6 pvl in and ever since then i cant get the waterpump housing to slide over the rubber grommets that are on the mag and the bolts back out everytime my son rides it and it over heats. any help would be nice.

mike#187
01-29-2012, 09:50 AM
i actually do not have an adapter plate i bought the pvl from a friend , where can i get the adaptor plate from g-force?

RCR_531
01-29-2012, 11:49 PM
http://www.g-forcepowersports.com/pvlwapuadpls.html

here is a short cut to one