PDA

View Full Version : front right of 400 is bent?

zoom400ex
03-02-2003, 03:25 AM
i had a roll over last summer and when i got home i realized that my front right ire had like 3 more inches of camber than the left. so i came tot he conculsion that my top a arm was bent, so i wen to my local honda dealer and bought a new one................i ge the a arms on and it so the tire is cambered out as much much but still didnt completely straighten it out. so i now bought new douglas front rims becasue my old ones were a little bent so i thought maybe that was it. guess what it wasnt! so now i am really getting mad because i dont know what is wrong with it......maybe my spindle? any info will help tremendously!

thanks

Pappy
03-02-2003, 03:47 AM
id say it very well could be your spindle:( check the frame where the upper a arm mounts and look for any signs it could be damaged also. im sure it would be noticable but it only takes a lil to make a bif difference at the wheel. get a pic up if ya can

zoom400ex
03-02-2003, 01:38 PM
thankx pappy.i am kinda hoping it is my spidle and not something to do with my frame...:( i have a friend that had is 400 stolen and literally burnt, but his whole front end is good so i can get the parts for cheap. he still has his frame too. he said he would let me have a spindle for 30$ not a bad deal. i will try ot get pics but i dunno when i can get them on here. the reasoniknew it was the a arm the first time because the paint was starting to crinkle and chip right were the weld was near the ball joint was....

also after i pout my new tires and rims on i opendedit up on a old dirt road and the tires were kinda wobbling bad............but i dunno if this has ot do with my accident or i just didnt tighten them on there right............any info will help, thanks guys

Sparks425Ex
03-02-2003, 01:48 PM
If it it the Spindle: I called it last summer...lol. That was one of the funniest looking wheelies into a barrel roll I have ever seen.HAHA

I am geussin it is the spindle as well.. The Tie Rods aren;t bent thats for sure.

It could always be teh tapered part the runs outta the spindle that the hub Bearings go on. That could be bent one direction....

zoom400ex
03-02-2003, 01:55 PM
thast what i think it is the tapered part of the spindle....

ya you liked that cash didnt ya.......sitting there laughing!

it was pretty funny though