PDA

View Full Version : Slime in truck tire

Kickstarts-suck
01-28-2012, 05:28 PM
So I just got a slow leak in one of my rear tires of my truck. Leaks about 2 PSI a day. Ive tried finding the leak but can not find it. Is slime okay to use in a tires for a long period of time or is it just a quick temporary fix?

My tires are only 3 years old so I don't really want to replace all 4. I can't just buy 2 new ones because the model tire I have now is discontinued. :ermm:

Tommy Warren
01-28-2012, 06:04 PM
its a very temporary fix... it throws the balance off and chews up your tire

Stickman400
01-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Take it to a local tire shop, they should be able to break it down off the rim, find the hole and patch it, then put it back on for about $15-$20. Wouldn't take 30 minutes or so.

slightlybent47
01-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Discount tire will fix it for free. Or at least they use to.

Kickstarts-suck
01-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Discount tire will fix it for free. Or at least they use to.

Hmmmm. Thats where I bought the tires. Didn't even think of that.

Thanks.

If they can't Ill just get a tire credit card and buy 4 new tires. :ermm:

Thanks everyone :)

KXRida
01-31-2012, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
its a very temporary fix... it throws the balance off and chews up your tire

Originally posted by Stickman400
Take it to a local tire shop, they should be able to break it down off the rim, find the hole and patch it, then put it back on for about $15-$20. Wouldn't take 30 minutes or so.

What these two said. I had slime in one of my 35's once to stop a leak and could not believe how bad it threw the tire out of balance.

HondaRacing83
01-31-2012, 02:13 PM
if your gonna buy all new 4 tires for one little leak like that you can ship the old ones up here id be happy to take them off your hands :)

Kickstarts-suck
02-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
if your gonna buy all new 4 tires for one little leak like that you can ship the old ones up here id be happy to take them off your hands :)

Pay shipping and you can have them. They are Falken Ziex stz-01s in 275/60/17

Weird thing happened though.... It stopped leaking....

One day it was a little low, next it was flat and then it leaked 1 pound out and now its fine... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Not complaining though :D Just don't understand how that would happen. No none let the air out cause it was in the garage all night.

OldGuyonaQuad
02-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
Pay shipping and you can have them. They are Falken Ziex stz-01s in 275/60/17

Weird thing happened though.... It stopped leaking....

One day it was a little low, next it was flat and then it leaked 1 pound out and now its fine... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Not complaining though :D Just don't understand how that would happen. No none let the air out cause it was in the garage all night.

Yea same thing happened to me a few months back (less the whole slime fix) and I just assumed I had a poor seal and or an object that was leaking & it managed to seal itself.