PDA

View Full Version : we need a new atv mag.

D-4our
03-02-2003, 03:07 AM
Don't you guys think its about time they come out with a new quad magazine. Maybe one that focuses more on the ever-growing freestyle scene and gives race reports, quad up-dates, rider bio's..., Dirtwheels seems TOO family oriented which is good but we need a mag. where the editors would love Huevos music(younger people) un-like the dirtwheels guys(old people) who critisized our music in their Huevos 4 review. Maybe wes miller would like the idea of starting an h-bomb magazine. just a thought:rolleyes:

rookiex
03-02-2003, 03:10 AM
Ben make us a magazine please.....:rolleyes:

03-02-2003, 03:10 AM
No, maybe a just racing one for like .. every 2 months or so

roostin_dale
03-02-2003, 03:11 AM
i agree with the h-bomb idea!!! we need an H-Bomb mag!!!!

400exrules
03-02-2003, 04:02 AM
i agree, we need one without ads too. i would really like one with lots of big pictures and race reports and undates like u said and bio's and good stuff like that. and maybe a chick on a quad here and there :blah

Nausty
03-02-2003, 04:17 AM
i'm think a mx machine of quads.;) Sept add a little racing and lots of good usefull info where the editors actually have a clue about what they are saying. And enough with the adds and shootouts already. Who cares what you ride. Although some real shock info would be good but i'd rather not see a shootout, just give us the information and let the reader decide whats better for them and what matters (wait time, performace, cost,type of riding, ect).
It would be cool to have some real tips and tricks but I think they are affraid to get sued, so it comes accross as hit the ramp, do the trick, land and ride away smoothly:rolleyes: Also maybe have a page articale on new metal bands, then another page on "truck of the month" and just show a beefed up truck or whatever and talk about it.
Like most you can't hardly beleive dirt wheels or atv action for nothing and they constantly contradict themselves and most of the articles are so repetitive and biast not to mention mis-information.

stocktires
03-02-2003, 06:20 AM
I find ATV Sport to be much better than DW and Atv action, but still nothing extremely special

Woodsrider
03-02-2003, 12:42 PM
I get all the info I need right here at Exriders. Its free, there are no adds, and the content is different every time you log on. The best part is I don't have to wait a month for the next issue:D

I get the racing scene, freestyle, trails, dune riding, and technical help all in the same issue every day delivered right to my monitor for the low low cost of an internet account:macho

cjpoole1
03-02-2003, 12:49 PM
this is a small up and coming magazine that i have been getting for about a year. It is pretty much all quad racing and no BS. Its small and black and white for now but give it time. Thats how Racer X started out and look at it now.Check it out. www.atvracinextra.com

Live2Ride300
03-02-2003, 01:10 PM
ATV sport is pretty good, I think im gonna switch my subscription from dirtwheels to ATVsport. I agree with soggyrider, I get all my info here

flyin#5
03-02-2003, 01:38 PM
i get atvsport which i think is pretty good. but like soggyrider said i get most my info from here.

PHIL_B54
03-02-2003, 02:14 PM
one of the things that makes me mad is that dirtwheels will do a reveiw, then either give the quad over to 4 wheel action, or 4 wheel action just changes a few words around and reprints the dirtwheels article, first dirtwheels told us how great the z400 was then 4 wheel told us, whats the point of having 2 mags if they just rehash what the other says:mad:

tants
03-02-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by 250pro
Don't you guys think its about time they come out with a new quad magazine. Maybe one that focuses more on the ever-growing freestyle scene and gives race reports, quad up-dates, rider bio's..., Dirtwheels seems TOO family oriented which is good but we need a mag. where the editors would love Huevos music(younger people) un-like the dirtwheels guys(old people) who critisized our music in their Huevos 4 review. Maybe wes miller would like the idea of starting an h-bomb magazine. just a thought:rolleyes:

great idea :scary:

Glow Plug
03-02-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by PHIL_B54
one of the things that makes me mad is that dirtwheels will do a reveiw, then either give the quad over to 4 wheel action, or 4 wheel action just changes a few words around and reprints the dirtwheels article, first dirtwheels told us how great the z400 was then 4 wheel told us, whats the point of having 2 mags if they just rehash what the other says:mad:

there sister pulcation's that's why all the info is practically the same

i pretty much stoped reading atv mag's i have stopped my subcription to atv action ever since starting in 1999. a new mag would be nice but i think you would have a problem getting to the store or the demand, no add's would be nice to but then the higher price would be passed to the comsumer. but anyway enough with the complaning and back to the subject, it would be awsome to have a h-bomb mag full of freestlye picks, and readers rides, etc and we wouldn't need a issue every month but like every 2 months or even every seson. but it would be awsome :D

bigbadbrad
03-02-2003, 03:22 PM
well i am not sure if any of you guys know about the magazine dirt rider, it has been out for a long time and it is made by some what younger guys now and they just came out with a sister magazine called atvride. i plan on geting a subcription
atv rider (http://www.atvrideronline.com/)

racerx573
03-02-2003, 03:27 PM
www.atvracinextra.com SUBSCRIBE

D-4our
03-02-2003, 09:25 PM
I e-mailed wes miller about the idea and i think it would be cool if some more of you would e-mail him too.:macho

D-4our
03-02-2003, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nausty
[B]i'm think a mx machine of quads.;)
That's exactly what i was thinking. Great riders think alike:cool: lol